My latest jig pouring.

Started by bigjim5589, June 14, 2020, 09:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjim5589

I've been doing some panfishing lately and have been pouring & painting some jigs for it. These are a basic 1/32 oz. round head with a barb molded on the Eagle Claw Lil Nasty Sickle type of hook in size 4. Hot pink & yellow chartreuse.

Have also been pouring some Ned Rig Jigs in various sizes on light wire Gamakatsu 2/0 hooks. I'll be painting them in a few colors, black, greenpumpkin, and watermelon mostly.

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Bassinkorea

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

bigjim5589

Thank you sir!  ;D

You know that I enjoy making all this stuff!  lo
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Bassinkorea

You are lucky that your 'job' is also your hobby   ;)
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

bigjim5589

apenland01

Very nice!  I really like those ned heads....

bigjim5589

Quote from: apenland01 on June 14, 2020, 10:46:15 AM
Very nice!  I really like those ned heads....

Thank you! They're from a Do It mold. They're made for a wire insert for the plastic keeper, and I'm using the larger size keeper. Those made for this mold get loose easily, so I use the longer & larger inserts & bend them to fit. So far that's worked very well.  :)

You can see the difference in the photo. The lighter jigs in the upper center have the "proper" sized inserts, which as you can see are a smaller hook.

Oldfart9999

Nice looking jigs Jim!!! I love those little nasty hooks, fish hate em.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.