Adopt A Family 2023 Raffle

Started by Mike Cork, November 13, 2023, 04:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

2023 Ultimate Bass Adopt A Family Raffle

THIS IS THE BIG ONE- several rods and great tackle to be had.

It's time to kick off the Annual Ultimate Bass Adopt A Family Raffle.

A quick synopsis of the Ultimate Bass Annual Adopt A Family Raffle-
Ultimate Bass holds a raffle to raise money for a family in need each year at Christmas. It started as a way to help buy a few presents to go under the tree and has evolved into helping buy a family car, pay medical bills, or whatever is needed to get the needy family back on their feet and fill their days with joy.

100% of the ticket sales goes to the adopted families who have fallen on dire times, and without our help would not have a Christmas. This is our 12th Annual Adopt A Family raffle. Ultimate Bass has come together stronger and bigger each year, breaking the fund raising record of the year before. These families we help either have lost their jobs, had a disaster in their family, or have had extreme medical bills preventing a joy filled holiday season. However, with our help we can change a families Christmas and make it a blessed and joyful time in their lives.

Meet Jeff and his grandson Sylas -

Jeff & his wife were given custody of their grandson when Sylas was around a year old. The state removed him from his mother's custody (Jeff's Daughter) because her boyfriend severely beat Sylas. This wasn't the first time, time but was by far the worst and the state finally took it serious.

Not long after Jeff and his wife got custody, Jeff's wife committed suicide. Jeff was left alone to raise his grandson. A couple of years ago Jeff was diagnosed with cancer. As only one who's going through cancer can understand, it's been extremely tough on Jeff.

Jeff son was a match for a desperately needed bone marrow transplant; however his son is a drug addict and couldn't get clean long enough to donate and eventually disappeared. The doctors found a donor from a donor bank but it wasn't as strong of a match as his son would have been so it wasn't very effective. All during this he was still raising his young grandson. Thankfully his older sister (around 65) helped out with Sylas while Jeff was sick from chemo therapy and surgeries.

Jeff's church purchased clothes and school uniforms for Sylas this past fall. While Jeff has a job with the Louisiana DOTD, he's had to take a lot of time off and without a cure in the near future, Jeff has had to rely heavily on the family and church just to get by, and his position at work is unknown.

If you can find it in your budget to support this years Adopted Family, as you can see just a little will go a long way to helping them. Pack a lunch versus buying out, wait to buy those lures until after Christmas (Santa might bring them to you anyway). $20 is pocket change to us, but a new pair of shoes for Sylas. Dig deep this year folks Jeff and Sylas need our help.

Let's get to the raffle... I am late getting started (as usual) but so far the raffle consists of:

Ultimate Bass Adopt A Family Raffle Prizes
(There may be more prizes and will be listed in order of value)

IF YOU BUY TICKETS VIA PAY PAL or VENMO PLEASE  PUT YOUR SCREEN NAME IN THE NOTES SECTION

I haven't received all the prizes but it's shaking out like this...
(Prize order subject to change)

Grand Prize:
FDx Custom Rod

First place prize:
Dobyns Fred Roubanis Frog Rod and Dobyns Bait Casting reel
(Rod Donated by D.W. Verts)

2nd Place:
Dobyns Fury of choice ($129.99 value that can be traded up)
Abu Garcia Revo 04 SX (10 bearing, 6.6:1, 24lbs drag) (donated by Don Garner)
Missile Baits Finesse Drop Shot kit

3rd Place:
Dobyns Fury of choice ($129.99 value that can be traded up)
Missile Baits Hat
Missile Baits Neko Rig Kit
You cannot view this attachment.

4th Place:
$200 Bait Package from J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC

5th Place:
$100 Gift Card to Bass Pro Shops (donated by Don Garner)

6th Place:
$100 Gift Card to Academy Sports (donated by Don Garner)

7th Place:
$50 Bass Pro Shops Gift Card (Donated by Fish_in_1)
Missile Baits Off Shore Structure Kit

8th Place:
$100 in baits from Mister Twister

9th Place:
$100 Bait Package from J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC

10th Place:
10 Missile Baits Jigs
Missile Baits Flipping Kit
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

11th Place:
Daiwa Cross Fire LT 2000 Spinning reel
Missile Baits Variety Pack (6 pk soft plastics)

12th Place:
Missile Baits Punching Kit

13th Place:
6 pk Missile Baits D-Stroyer
4 pk Missile Baits Magic Worm
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

14th Place:
$25 Bass Pro Shops Gift Card (donated by Fish_in_1)

15th Place:
$25 Bass Pro Shops Gift Card (donated by Fish_in_1)

Tickets are your basic Raffle Ticket. Ticket cost:

IF YOU BUY TICKETS VIA PAY PAL or VENMON PLEASE PUT YOUR SCREEN NAME IN THE NOTES SECTION

1 ticket for $5
5 tickets for $20
30 tickets for $100

I will be tracking ticket purchases like always. Many times we are not able to spend $100 at a time to get the bonus tickets. If you buy $100 worth of tickets over a series of purchases I will give you the extra tickets to equal thirty with the purchase that takes you over $100. So if you buy 5 sets of $20 that gets you 25 tickets and I will kick in the extra five tickets to make the 30.

We take all forms of money but prefer Pay Pal or Venmo. Make sure to send funds via "Friends and Family". You can mail a check (please let me know it's coming), we can do Zelle, and if you want to use a CC we can send you a Pay Pal invoice that you can pay without having a Pay Pal account. See the bottom of the post for further information. If there is a funds transfer protocol you prefer just let me know and we'll work it out.

I will message you the numbers of your tickets. You'll need to hang onto these numbers. On December 16th we will draw the winners and post the ticket numbers. We will do the drawing on Facebook Live to ensure the integrity of the raffle. (You do not have to have Facebook in order to win, winning numbers will be published on the Ultimate Bass forums) I will also write your screen name on the back of your tickets so we'll know who won what on drawing night.

The funds recipient - If you have someone you'd like to recommend please send me, Capt BassinLou or FD a quick message with some basic details and we'll get right back to you. If the past we have been able to help two families so please don't hesitate to send in a recommendation.

How to Pay for Tickets

Mailing Address for checks

Ultimate Bass
C/O Adopt a Family
5422 Amber Circle
Benton La 71006

Pay Pal:
First and foremost, save everyone the fees and send funds as "Friends and Family"

Please put your "SCREEN NAME" and "Adopt a Family" in the notes section.

Venmo:
First and foremost, save everyone the fees and send funds as "Friends and Family"
Please put your "SCREEN NAME" and "Adopt a Family" in the notes section.
My Venmo is ubmike or

Credit Card
Our only option here is to send you an invoice via Pay Pal, you do not have to have a Pay Pal account to pay the invoice. However, there is a 3% surcharge and since this is a fund raiser, I'll split it with you.

Disclaimer: We have to have one so here it goes. All rules of this raffle are subject to change by site administration. Ultimate Bass is not responsible for the delivery of prizes; however we will provide our best efforts to ensure winners receive their prizes in a timely manner.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Here are some stories to get you in the giving spirit this year.

Lip Ripper's Grandson and family

Kathy, husband Joseph, and two adopted children Elizabeth and Grace
Kathy and Family

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Okay we've got a couple folks already buying tickets. I haven't sent numbers yet because I failed  ~b~  to buy a roll of tickets. I'll be getting those today along with the propane that left my chicken half cooked on the grill last night... It's been quite the week in the Cork House LOL

But Wocly has already slapped me with a challenge and after I get the tickets, I'll get that posted :-*

But I don't want my lack of tickets to slow purchases, as of this post, any tickets purchased will qualify for the challenge. Those of you that bought tickets during the challenge last year, you know these challenges don't last long.

Cork's Reel Service

D.W. Verts

As always Mike, THANK YOU for what you do here, and a big shout-out to the UB members that support this cause. I have a hard time watching the videos myself 'cuz tough old Hickbillys aren't supposed to tear up.

As usual I'll send what I can, probably all the way to the end. It gets to be fun.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Mike Cork

It's official, all tickets are BOGO thanks to Wolcy. He has put up $1000 to give everyone a second ticket. Jump on this folks, it never lasts long...

Cork's Reel Service

J.W.

Mike Cork

Got it J.W. thank you.

I'll be sending out ticket numbers here shortly. Check your PM box.

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Thank you to all those that bought tickets in the FDx rod raffle to get us jump started :toot:

And a shout our to our current list.

Apenland01 (first one to buy tickets)
Eric_Maine
Wolcy (put up the big money to give everyone BOGO until it's gone)
J.W.

We're running a little behind, so please pass on a couple of the holiday tackle sales and take a chance on one of the great prizes (of which I'll be updating since we picked up some more great tackle)

Cork's Reel Service

CRosh324

Mike,

I just sent a Venmo for my contribution.  Let me know if you received it.

Thanks,

Chris

Mike Cork

Yes Sir I got it, thank you.

I'll get your ticket numbers to you shortly.

Cork's Reel Service

SteveTX

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

SteveTX

Still alive and kicking.

Hope you are doing well sir.

Mike Cork

The Adopt A Family list of supporters keeps growing. Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed so far. Remember, for just the cost of a couple baits, a trip to the coffee shop or lunch at a fast food place, we can make a huge difference in a family's holiday and you could win some great prizes....

Eric_Maine
J.W.
CROSH324
Bassbuster88
SteveTX

Thank you so much everyone!!!!

Mike

Cork's Reel Service

BassBuster88

Quote from: Mike Cork on December 05, 2023, 01:58:52 PMThe Adopt A Family list of supporters keeps growing. Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed so far. Remember, for just the cost of a couple baits, a trip to the coffee shop or lunch at a fast food place, we can make a huge difference in a family's holiday and you could win some great prizes....

Eric_Maine
J.W.
CROSH324
Bassbuster88
SteveTX

Thank you so much everyone!!!!

Mike
Happy to support a great cause. For what it's worth, it took me a bit to find this year's post for this. Maybe it needs a little more promotion on other pages for support to get all the donations we can?
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death... it's WAY more serious  than that!

SUPERDUDE

Thanks for the reminder, I just sent $100.00.

bassmedic46

A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

skeeter_bite

Should be coming your way.  Let me know if it does not go thru.
G Loomis rods and Shimano reels!

Bud Kennedy

Mike Cork

More Shout OUTS!!! Yesterday was a good day in the fundraising thanks to Bassmedic46, ike8120, Bud Kennedy, SUPERDUDE, EBBC, Skeeter_Bite...

Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed so far. Remember, for just the cost of a couple baits, a trip to the coffee shop or lunch at a fast food place, we can make a huge difference in a family's holiday and you could win some great prizes....

Eric_Maine
J.W.
CROSH324
Bassbuster88
SteveTX
Bassmedic46
ike8120
Bud Kennedy
SUPERDUDE
EBBC
Skeeter_Bite

Thank you so much everyone!!!! You all ROCK!!

Mike

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Quote from: BassBuster88 on December 05, 2023, 11:03:33 PMHappy to support a great cause. For what it's worth, it took me a bit to find this year's post for this. Maybe it needs a little more promotion on other pages for support to get all the donations we can?

We'll work on it Buzzbait, thanks for letting us know.  ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Guys I added the prizes from John Crews at Missile Baits and donations from Fish_in_1.

We also have a couple of great prizes from BigJim and his company J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC

The photos are large but I wanted everyone to be able to see what's in them

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Ran out of room for the photo of the Missile Baits Neko Rig kit (part of the 3rd place package)

Cork's Reel Service

TNDiver

Sorry everyone, been really busy since I took over as the Head Coach of my Kids MS and HS Wrestling teams.  I love it and it keeps me out of trouble  ~roflmao

Mike, thanks for reaching out!  I wouldn't want to miss this for anything.  It's a great cause!

Hope everyone is doing well!
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Mike Cork

Time for more shout outs...

Thank You Capt. BassinLou, Pacific NW Ron, TNDiver :toot: you guys ROCK!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed so far. Remember, for just the cost of a couple baits, a trip to the coffee shop or lunch at a fast food place, we can make a huge difference in a family's holiday and you could win some great prizes....

Eric_Maine
J.W.
CROSH324
Bassbuster88
SteveTX
Bassmedic46
ike8120
Bud Kennedy
SUPERDUDE
EBBC
Skeeter_Bite
Capt. BassinLou
Pacific NW Ron
TNDiver

Thank you so much everyone!!!! You all ROCK!!

Mike

Cork's Reel Service