Helix 7 SI transducer location

Started by allaboutfun, March 06, 2017, 09:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutfun

As the title says, I'm looking for a little input from the experts. The pics are with the motor trimmed all the way down so I don't expect any side interference. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wayne P.

That will work, but not for on-plane depth/Sonar.

Do you have a shoot-thru XP 9 20 to go with it and a AS SIDB Y cable to connect both to the display?

You should have exchanged that transducer for the XHS 9 HDSI 180 T to get sharper images. TOO LATE now.
Humminbird SOLIX 12 SI, SOLIX 12 SI G3, SOLIX 10 SI G3, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G3N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 10 CHIRP DI+ GPS G3N, Helix 8 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL

allaboutfun

I've got a Lowrance x135 on the console that feeds from a thru-hull. I'm not worried about "on plane", more concerned about side imaging.  My thinking is that it'll be out of the way of damage mounted in this position.

allaboutfun

Getting ready to install a Helix 7 and looking for advice. Would you mount to the right or remove the X-135 and run a Y cable to run both SI transducer & thru hull from the X-135 (if that's possible)  I can move the two small gauges to the bottom.

Bud Kennedy

I think I would install it to the right.  Might as well leave the lowrance inplay as long as it is working.  No sense messing up a perfectly good dash layout.

allaboutfun

That's what I was thinking but wanted to be sure before the bit hits the glass.

Bud Kennedy

Heck, I imagine as some time a bit later you will want to bump up to even larger screen size.  You might want to pick a spot to plan for that future probability.   ;D