Did you ever just stare at your favorite lure hanging in a Tree

Started by lucksterbassin, September 28, 2015, 08:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

Quote from: magfish on October 05, 2015, 07:02:04 PM
The strangest place I left my favorite lure was in the beak of a hoot owl, my wife and I was on Caddo lake doing pretty well with my riverside big gun top water soft plastic with yellow eye on the head,
hard to come by now, next thing I know we hear the swooping sound and splash and he was flying off,
with my bait, my wife looked at me like what are you going to do, the only thing I could do was push the button and let him take out line, luckly he flew to the nearest tree took a bite out of it , let the hook fall and took off with my bait, we looked at each other and just busted out laughing, luckly he didn't get a beak full of hook,
Maggfish
To bad you didn't get that one on video. lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

flowerjohn

Quote from: magfish on October 05, 2015, 07:02:04 PM
The strangest place I left my favorite lure was in the beak of a hoot owl, my wife and I was on Caddo lake doing pretty well with my riverside big gun top water soft plastic with yellow eye on the head,
hard to come by now, next thing I know we hear the swooping sound and splash and he was flying off,
with my bait, my wife looked at me like what are you going to do, the only thing I could do was push the button and let him take out line, luckly he flew to the nearest tree took a bite out of it , let the hook fall and took off with my bait, we looked at each other and just busted out laughing, luckly he didn't get a beak full of hook,
Maggfish

Heck magg I've done some seagull fishing in my time. The first time I got hooked up I was in shock as it flew off with my line. Next time I cut it off real quick. They just dive in on them. Snapping turtles are more stealthy.  Lol. Cheers.

Lipripper

Quote from: flowerjohn on October 05, 2015, 08:49:46 PM
Heck magg I've done some seagull fishing in my time. The first time I got hooked up I was in shock as it flew off with my line. Next time I cut it off real quick. They just dive in on them. Snapping turtles are more stealthy.  Lol. Cheers.
I've had a few try but was always able to see them before they hit it and made them miss it. lo lo I think if I ever had an eagle grab one I would have to try and b=get it in and subdue it some how and cover the head and get the hooks out. It would be a shame to let any bird get caught up in them sharp hooks and not try and get them out somehow.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet