YouTube Video Poll

Started by SFL BassHunter, February 24, 2016, 06:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

Good Morning UB! I hope this is the right place to put this post! I posted a video in the Florida section under a our Lake Okeechobee report from Saturday. On Sunday I made my first video with Sony Studio. After putting it all together and getting some great feedback from the guys I decided to give it another go. It has taken me a long amount of time to put together the second edit of the video. I found new footage and added it, as well as shortened other footage I had.
My goal is to improve my editing skills and while it is great to get positive feedback, I also want to see if I am moving in the write direction, or the wrong one. I want to get to the point where my videos are fun to watch and entertaining all the way through, holding the audiences attention for the entire length of the video.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

Edit, sorry just found an issue with the second video when it got uploaded. BRB!

Edit: Ok the video is back up, I resolved the choppy issue at the end of the Vid. I guess Youtube didn't like my format. Hmm. Well you live and learn.

For those of you who can't see the Poll links from Tapatalk here they are

Option 1:

Option 2:
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Princeton_Man

Real nice work! I have to go with the second one. Sure helps having more than one camera. To be honest, the video on the first one was good too but, the techno soundtrack got to be too much for me.  lo
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

SFL BassHunter

Glad you liked it! LOL had to take them down. The second one if you maybe noticed towards the end got choppy. Lesson 1: watch the entire video after it is uploaded and make sure it is all good before you open up a poll!  ~sweat
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Pferox

Great job, Rick!

I liked the second one also, although I think watching you in slow motion was a little much.  I did like that you added Lou's fish to the second one.  The slow motion on the part with the fish in the water was a nice touch.  I was good with the music on either of them, but that is just me.  You might want to do some selfies after the fact to explain what you were using, showing how you rigged them.

Oh another thing, I would suggest that you don't show Y'all riding in the boat without PFDs on.  It is just a bad example to show to newbies.

I did like them both, but the second edition was better.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rickdelprado on February 24, 2016, 06:43:24 AM
Glad you liked it! LOL had to take them down. The second one if you maybe noticed towards the end got choppy. Lesson 1: watch the entire video after it is uploaded and make sure it is all good before you open up a poll!  ~sweat
Pferox, I can see how the assumption can be made that we were not wearing a pfd while we were running. On that particular clip, we were fishing, and due to the wind I needed Rick to move me 15yds to a cove, where I continued on the trolling motor. I wanted to clarify that  we don't run anywhere on that lake without a pfd on. And thank you for bringing up this point. Safety 1st.
Quote from: Pferox on February 24, 2016, 06:50:02 AM
Great job, Rick!

I liked the second one also, although I think watching you in slow motion was a little much.  I did like that you added Lou's fish to the second one.  The slow motion on the part with the fish in the water was a nice touch.  I was good with the music on either of them, but that is just me.  You might want to do some selfies after the fact to explain what you were using, showing how you rigged them.

Oh another thing, I would suggest that you don't show Y'all riding in the boat without PFDs on.  It is just a bad example to show to newbies.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Pferox on February 24, 2016, 06:50:02 AM
Great job, Rick!

Thank you for the feedback Pferox. I appreciate it.

On the pfd note, Lou is correct, we were fishing but I had to maneuver us into that cove where I caught the next fish due to wind and the vegetation around us the TM wasn't cutting it. We were moving at a very slow speed and it was a very short distance. Other than that short time frame we wore our PFD's while the boat was running at all times as we always do.
Thanks for the feedback!
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Princeton_Man

BTW, Your poll is currently locked, you'll need to unlock it. -Jim

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Princeton_Man on February 24, 2016, 08:25:59 AM
BTW, Your poll is currently locked, you'll need to unlock it. -Jim

Done. Thanks Jim. I am a MESS! lol
Florida Bass Fishing

Canesfan

Second one much better. You cut out some stuff like the measuring,etc. which doesn't mean anything to those who don't follow Fl Fishbooking and the music was easier on the ears.  Excellent job.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Canesfan on February 24, 2016, 09:23:43 AM
Second one much better. You cut out some stuff like the measuring,etc. which doesn't mean anything to those who don't follow Fl Fishbooking and the music was easier on the ears.  Excellent job.

Thanks Canesfan! Yeah in the first video I wasn't sure how to transition (overlap) the video so it wouldn't just skip from catching the fish to releasing the fish. Now I am able to make that transition smoothly which really helped!
Florida Bass Fishing

flowerjohn

What a difference from one to the other. The second one more tells a story. Real nice job there Rick. Looks like you put a lot of editing time in there.

Princeton_Man

Bud has done some awesome videos. I just can't seem to devote enough time to the editing and composition to have a good video. Between Rick and I, Team Stranger will have two Garmin Virb Elites and a GoPro this year. We'll at least have lots of footage.  ~roflmao

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: flowerjohn on February 24, 2016, 09:59:40 AM
What a difference from one to the other. The second one more tells a story. Real nice job there Rick. Looks like you put a lot of editing time in there.
:) Awesome! I am happy you enjoyed it.
Now that you mention it, the second one does indeed feel like a story being told.

Quote from: Princeton_Man on February 24, 2016, 10:06:53 AM
Bud has done some awesome videos. I just can't seem to devote enough time to the editing and composition to have a good video. Between Rick and I, Team Stranger will have two Garmin Virb Elites and a GoPro this year. We'll at least have lots of footage.  ~roflmao

How do you like the Garmin?

I am running a GoPro3+ Black on the boat, and a Monoprice MHD Sport on my hat. I need to figure out how to change the hue of the video, because the Monoprice has more of a yellowish hue compared to the blue hue of the GoPro.
Florida Bass Fishing

Princeton_Man

I do love the Garmin. Wish I could try one of the new XE's but, the Virb Elite's video quality and features are hard to beat.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Princeton_Man on February 24, 2016, 10:35:30 AM
I do love the Garmin. Wish I could try one of the new XE's but, the Virb Elite's video quality and features are hard to beat.

That is awesome. How is the battery life and space usage?

Not sure if you follow the Florida Reports section but I mentioned how I got the GoPro due to battery life of the MHD Sport. Constantly changing battery every 2 hours.

The GoPro has several large battery packs that really help. In fact the one I used for about 5 hours and only used about half the battery is a Brunton All Day battery. I highly recommend it for the GoPro as long as you don't plan on wearing it. It is bulky, it is heavy. The only other down side is with that battery the GoPro is Water Resistant, which means weatherproof. NOT Waterproof (Which means no submerging).

There is no perfect device out there yet though. The GoPro lasts me all day with Battery, but it does suck up 64GB of space on the MicroSD in about half the time as the MHD uses 32GB.
Granted I was running 1080 60FPS on the GOPro and 720 60FPS on the MHD. I ended up having to get another microsd with 64GB.
My next outing I will run both at 720, 60FPS to compare Apples to Apples and conserve space.
Florida Bass Fishing

Princeton_Man

Quote from: rickdelprado on February 24, 2016, 10:44:47 AM
That is awesome. How is the battery life and space usage?

The GoPro has several large battery packs that really help. In fact the one I used for about 5 hours and only used about half the battery is a Brunton All Day battery. I highly recommend it for the GoPro as long as you don't plan on wearing it. It is bulky, it is heavy. The only other down side is with that battery the GoPro is Water Resistant, which means weatherproof. NOT Waterproof (Which means no submerging).

There is no perfect device out there yet though. The GoPro lasts me all day with Battery, but it does suck up 64GB of space on the MicroSD in about half the time as the MHD uses 32GB.
Granted I was running 1080 60FPS on the GOPro and 720 60FPS on the MHD. I ended up having to get another microsd with 64GB.
My next outing I will run both at 720, 60FPS to compare Apples to Apples and conserve space.

Using the standard battery and 720P/60 I get about 3 hours with the wifi turned off and I get about 4 hours with a high capacity battery. The weight difference of the hicap battery isn't noticeable. It's water resistant (IPX7 which means it will withstand being submerged in a 1 meter of water for 30 minutes). I bought a dive case but haven't used it for anything yet. Thought maybe I'd use it for some underwater shots or running in heavy rain.

One feature I like a lot is I can power/charge the Virb Elite externally while recording. I have a USB power socket on the console so I run power to a camera I have mounted somewhere on the boat. That way, anytime I pull it off the mount it's fully charged and good for 3-4 hours depending on which battery it has.

Using 64GB class 10 micro SD cards I get 7hrs 49min at 720P/60FPS.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Princeton_Man on February 24, 2016, 12:28:24 PM
Using the standard battery and 720P/60 I get about 3 hours with the wifi turned off and I get about 4 hours with a high capacity battery. The weight difference of the hicap battery isn't noticeable. It's water resistant (IPX7 which means it will withstand being submerged in a 1 meter of water for 30 minutes). I bought a dive case but haven't used it for anything yet. Thought maybe I'd use it for some underwater shots or running in heavy rain.

One feature I like a lot is I can power/charge the Virb Elite externally while recording. I have a USB power socket on the console so I run power to a camera I have mounted somewhere on the boat. That way, anytime I pull it off the mount it's fully charged and good for 3-4 hours depending on which battery it has.

Using 64GB class 10 micro SD cards I get 7hrs 49min at 720P/60FPS.

Sounds like a great cam! Thanks for all the info.
Florida Bass Fishing

jonboy

I agree with everybody else, the second one being the best. It makes me feel more like Im there. There are lots of fish catching videos out there that shows fish after fish being caught. Although it may be lots of fun for the guys doing it, its boring to watch after a few minutes. I want to feel like Im there and maybe an opportunity to learn something. You dont have to tell everybody exactly what you are doing, just show the cast and approach before the strike and a flash of the bait in its mouth and let the viewer figure it out. Makes the viewer watch closer and keeps the interest up. Also like the pics of the plane overhead,  a gaze at the blowing grass, birds and other wildlife, the view of the lake as you leave out in the morning and evening, ect... all make me feel like Im there and is what most guys really love about being on the water.
The only thing more depressing than not catching fish is not being able to go

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: jonboy on February 26, 2016, 01:53:53 PM
I agree with everybody else, the second one being the best. It makes me feel more like Im there. There are lots of fish catching videos out there that shows fish after fish being caught. Although it may be lots of fun for the guys doing it, its boring to watch after a few minutes. I want to feel like Im there and maybe an opportunity to learn something. You dont have to tell everybody exactly what you are doing, just show the cast and approach before the strike and a flash of the bait in its mouth and let the viewer figure it out. Makes the viewer watch closer and keeps the interest up. Also like the pics of the plane overhead,  a gaze at the blowing grass, birds and other wildlife, the view of the lake as you leave out in the morning and evening, ect... all make me feel like Im there and is what most guys really love about being on the water.

Jonboy thank you very much for the feedback! I have to credit BassinLou for suggesting the addition of the boat ride in the beginning and end of the video, opening and closing it out. It really does make for a story and like you said makes you feel like you are on the boat.

On my next video I want to break the music up a bit more. Perhaps add some instructional or informational info like you said. On the lake I have no issue telling people what I caught it on, and how because most likely the next day the bite will be different and there are so many fish, so much area to cover that I don't feel like I need to hold back any info.
If I can break up the music with some talking from time to time that would be spectacular. It was very difficult to get voice into this particular video, we were on full potty mouth rampage lol. But a quick "How I caught the fish" blurb could be pretty cool.
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rickdelprado on February 26, 2016, 02:25:21 PM
Jonboy thank you very much for the feedback! I have to credit BassinLou for suggesting the addition of the boat ride in the beginning and end of the video, opening and closing it out. It really does make for a story and like you said makes you feel like you are on the boat.

On my next video I want to break the music up a bit more. Perhaps add some instructional or informational info like you said. On the lake I have no issue telling people what I caught it on, and how because most likely the next day the bite will be different and there are so many fish, so much area to cover that I don't feel like I need to hold back any info.
If I can break up the music with some talking from time to time that would be spectacular. It was very difficult to get voice into this particular video, we were on full potty mouth rampage lol. But a quick "How I caught the fish" blurb could be pretty cool.

Yeah... I spoke with Rick and I told him next time he brings his camera's I would watch my language a little better.  lo

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 26, 2016, 02:38:41 PM
Yeah... I spoke with Rick and I told him next time he brings his camera's I would watch my language a little better.  lo

Hmmm. We may need to bring some duct tape then lol.
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rickdelprado on February 26, 2016, 02:44:43 PM
Hmmm. We may need to bring some duct tape then lol.

Duct Tape!! I really promise I will behave then ...  :surrender:

Pferox

Quote from: Bassinlou on February 26, 2016, 02:38:41 PM

Some of the best videos I have seen are pretty much a bleep fest between information.   ~roflmao
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Pferox on February 27, 2016, 07:23:31 AM
Some of the best videos I have seen are pretty much a bleep fest between information.   ~roflmao
Rotfl... well this would have been one them....