how far do ya'll live to your closest boat ramp

Started by YANKEM_OUT, April 12, 2007, 09:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ring fry

28 steps from back door to boat dock.  45 yards to ramp.  5 other ramps on 5 different bodies of water within 1 mile.  70+ ramps within 25 minutes.  6 hours to Rainswood ramp on Fork.
GO JAYHAWKS
2008 NCAA Basketball Champions

coyotek

I can walk about 50 yards and I am at the lake when the lake is at normal levels.  That is fixin to change however!!!

Fish_myster

My local lake is East Fork (2,000 acres) 2 miles away and the Ohio river is about 10 miles to the closest ramp, 20 miles to the area of the river I put in mostly. I'd rather pull the boat up there than make the runs myself. Never know when it will get rough.
  Proud Father of an American Soldier 
Proud Grandfather of 6!

nlareau

I'm about 12 miles (half an hour) from the south end of Lake Lanier.
The early bird may get the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

cjr3888

I can walk to the bayou through my neighbors yard.  Also I can get to both the Lake Dautrieve and Marshfield landings at Lake Fausse Point in about 5 minutes.  And I can get to the public ramp at the Port of Iberia in about 15 minutes and the ramp at Cypermont Point in about 45.  Now all I need is a boat. :bang

Sharon

Right across the street... I could push a boat to it  lo

mary dean

Sharon

lo Mary,,, all I need now is to borrow someones boat to prove my point... any volunteers?  lo

imp81318

I am less than a mile from the confluence of the Susquehanna and Juniata Rivers in Central PA, and I have several ramps right in the area, and if I extend it to 45 minutes or so I can be on a few different lakes/dammed up sections of the Susqy... now, all I need is a boat!

Baron49

10 minutes to Sackets Harbor, Lake Ontario
15 minutes to Black River and the Black River Bay, Lake Ontario
20 minutes to Chaumont Bay, Lake Ontario
25 minutes to the St. Lawrence River
Plus access to many other lakes under 60 minutes drive Including Oneida Lake in Syracuse.

Great place to live in the Summer and Fall, but everything is under ice and snow most of the Winter and Spring.

Chuck Tawney

exactly 7 miles, front door to gate @ dundee creek marina. Living in eastern balto co, i have countless
  options within 30 minutes, another opening soon.  :). Thats not to mention the reservoirs and ponds
  that are also within 30 minutes. I can toss my boat in @ dundee and run to everywhere in the
  upper chesapeake, including the eastern shore rivers, weather permitting, in 30 minutes to an hour.
    I will never complain about not having a spot to fish.
Evolve Baits Pro Staff  Explosive Tackle Pro Staff
Denali Rods Pro Staff  RemoteMechanic.com ProTeam  Solar Bat Sunglasses  Team Outcast
www.chucktawney.com

Holden

About 15-20 minutes to Gravelly Point on the Potomac but the options are unlimited on the Potomac. There are so many creeks that you access on the Potomac. Most are about 30-90 minutes away from our house.
Holden Roberts - 2007 BassTracker ProTeam 175 - MD State Team - 08 Potomac Rally Champion - BCS Customs Jr. Pro Staff
http://www.citrusstick.com
http://www.bigsowbaits.com

-Shawn-

The closest is about 15 min. but I have choice of 10 lakes within 45min.  :)

BistineauLT

I live on Lake Bistineau, LA so only about 120yds to the boathouse. Have a launch about 200yds from the back door.  ;D 

Creel Limit Zero

Less than 5 miles from two reservoirs, 45-90 minutes away from numerous tidal river options.   ~c~

Wildcat26

Nearest is one mile.
6 with-in seven mile.
probably 30 within and hour.

super ron

I have 3 private farm ponds within 3 miles with boat ramps,  (1) 46 acre and (2) 30 plus acre. 1 public pond of 15 acres with boat ramp within 3 miles.  1 15 acre public pond and 1 80 acre public pond within 15 miles.  And then there is a boat ramp to the Missouri river exactly 7.5 miles from my house.  But there is no current break at the ramp and I have never dropped my boat into the river and it intimidates me.  Maybe one day if I have someone with me who has experience loading and unloading in the current I will try it (although the bass fishing on this part of the river is supposed to be next to nothing).

~SM Ron

Shayne

four miles to the closest launch on cross lake.  there's five lakes and a river w/in 45 mins of my house, so I can be on the lake in a hurry. 

TNDraonrnr

I have 8 within 20 minutes and I just bought a lot on Watts Bar in East TN. I can't wait to get the house built.

[attachment deleted by admin]