The Ru in KaRu would like to say Hi

Started by GotstaFish, January 27, 2009, 07:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GotstaFish

As some of you may know, Rudy has been out of town for 3-4 weeks now to spend time with his son Frankie. Frankie has brain cancer and has been fighting this battle for some time now. He was diagnosed last year and was only given a 3% chance of survival. After months of Chemo and radical new treatments the doctor said that he was pleased and shocked to announce that Frankie was officially a "Cancer Survivor" ! The family was over joyed, but the joy didn't last long, a few weeks later Frankie began having neurological problems and an MRI revealed that a new tumor had appeared, only this time it was on the base of his brain stem and there was not much the doctors could do. Frankie's health has since deteriorated to the point that he has been hospitalized now for the last 3 weeks and Rudy has been there by his side in Florida. Frankie has now started yet another round of Chemo and the entire family really needs our support. Rudy, Frankie and the entire family are in our prayers and I'd like to take this time to ask UB to keep them in yours as well. The toll that this type of illness takes on a family is great and any spiritual support is greatly appreciated.

Rudy has no idea that I was going to post this, he simply wanted me to tell all of you that he said hi. I felt that UB should know about our friend, afterall, we are and have been for some time an extended family. We all feel like we know each other even though most of us have never met face to face. So now you all know why Rudy may not be returning your emails or phone calls as quickly as he has in the past, its not that he doesn't want to, he's just stretched quite thin right now.

So, without further ado, here is what I received today. He was able to get away for a few minutes today and go fishing. Thank God for that  ;D

QuoteHi Karl,
Post this up on UB. Tell everyone I said hello!

Rudy

topcat

Thanks Karl for sharing with us about Rudy our friend....Rudy is a part of our Ultimate Bass Family and I feel that I can say from my heart that he as all of Ultimate Bass support.....Prayers are going up in Sooner Land for Frankie and my brother Rudy and his family.....

Karl please let him know that if I can help him in any way..... please let me know.....

Topcat

Ron Fogelson

Thank you for the update Karl; I know Rudy needs those short fishing trips to recharge.

I spoke to him last week and he was standing tall and holding his own  ~bb but offered a delicate reminder to ensure he was taking care of himself because he couldn't continue to take point otherwise.

Guys Rudy isn't one to ask for anything so if you have time please remember him, Frankie and their family. 

tritongirl

Thanks so much for posting!  Being a newcomer here, I am still learning and do not know anything about Ka or Ru or KaRu; however, I have noticed alot of fans!  I am very sorry about Mr. Rudy's son.  I cannot imagine going through this with my family.  Hope he knows how much everyone here cares, and that it will help to comfort him and his family.  Please share my feelings of care and concern.  When folks are going through difficult times, I am often reminded of Job.  

GotstaFish

Quote from: Fogy on January 27, 2009, 08:06:19 PM
Thank you for the update Karl; I know Rudy needs those short fishing trips to recharge.

I spoke to him last week and he was standing tall and holding his own  ~bb but offered a delicate reminder to ensure he was taking care of himself because he couldn't continue to take point otherwise.

Guys Rudy isn't one to ask for anything so if you have time please remember him, Frankie and their family. 
Thats is why I felt I had to post this. Thanks Fogy and topcat  :)

Lee Smith

Rudy and Frankie are in my prayers!  I am proof that prayers do work!

Lee
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

GotstaFish

Quote from: Lsmith500 on January 27, 2009, 08:17:53 PM
Rudy and Frankie are in my prayers!  I am proof that prayers do work!

Lee
Yes you are my friend  ;D

larrylargemouth

Thanks for the update Karl. Rudy's family are in my families thoughts and prayers.

-Dave-

Quote from: topcat on January 27, 2009, 08:04:35 PM
Thanks Karl for sharing with us about Rudy our friend....Rudy is a part of our Ultimate Bass Family and I feel that I can say from my heart that he as all of Ultimate Bass support.....Prayers are going up in Sooner Land for Frankie and my brother Rudy and his family.....

Karl please let him know that if I can help him in any way..... please let me know.....

Topcat

He sure does. thanks for posting this Karl. Prayers going down for Rudy, Frankie, and the rest of the family.

Dave
Bass-11

AJ

keep the UB updated on the RU please KA

RU UR IN OR PRAYERS

lol   a little humor there

Klowne

rcarnagh

thoughts and prayers from the Carnaghi family.
Bob Carnaghi

tmiller2

Thanks for the update Karl....prayers will be sent
"the vibrashock?.....its like crack for fish"

Mr. bigmouth

prayers sent up .......tell Rudy to hang in there and let the Lord shine on Frankie.Miracles do happen ...always believe.Wishing the best for the family

Jerry
92 Procraft 170 Pro / Mercury 115

Bassinkorea

Frankie has been in my thoughts for some time now and he, Rudy and the entire family will continue to be in my deepest thoughts.

It's great to hear he could get away a fish for a while  ~c~
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Smoke_eater

Thoughts and prayers are with you rudy and your family.  God Bless!
Help support UB, Become a charter member

bass1cpr

Prayers for Frankie and RUdy and his whole family from our house.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Beagle

I spoke to Rudy a few days ago and he actually sounded pretty good. Compaired to the last time I spoke to him. This has really taken a toll on him and his family. It's good to see he's out on the water again.

Dug

Karl, thanks for the update.  Of course Rudy and Frankie and the whole family our in our prayers.  As a parent of 6 young adults,  Rudy is living through my worst nightmare.   It's so difficult to be in a position where you can do nothing but lend support.   Not that it's a small thing because that support and that show of love to Frankie is so very very important, it just feels like there should be more to do.  knowing what little of Rudy that I do, I know he is giving it his all, but feels that helplessness.   If he ever tells you he just feels like he should be doing more, remind him what he is doing, has a magic all it's own.  Fight the good fight! will cheer you to the end (winning) the race!

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Lipripper

Karl thanks for the update on Rudy and we need to pray for healing for Frank and strength for Rudy and the other family members. It's good to see him get a little break and go fishing to recharge his Batt. Keep us posted.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

-Shawn-

I talked to Rudy a couple of weeks ago and he was hanging in there.  I know he doesn't get a chance to post as mu=ch as he once did But I can tell you He really really apreciates everyones thoughts and support. 

Keep Frankie in your Prayers.

Thanks for the update Karl!!!

paxpress

Continued prayers from the Keystone State for Frankie and the whole family.

Mike Cork

As always Rudy, his son and his family have been in our prayers. Karl be sure to tell him to step away from the fishing rod and get back to promoting the business. He's in Florida he should be selling lures  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

GotstaFish

Quote from: Mike on January 28, 2009, 09:11:12 AM
As always Rudy, his son and his family have been in our prayers. Karl be sure to tell him to step away from the fishing rod and get back to promoting the business. He's in Florida he should be selling lures  :-*
You didn't look at the picture, did you  lo

Mike Cork

Hell we all know we can catch fish on them, but selling them to tackle stores is a different story. Did he have a store owner with him, now that is the question :-*

As I said step away from the pole......

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service