Stren Series

Started by TomG, August 29, 2008, 08:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomG

Cal and Stan,

Did you guys register today?

Stan

Yep, and like a dumby, I called the day before to find out how early I could register.  The lady told me 0800 CST, so I asked what time that would be on the west coast and she told me 0500.  Without thinking I set my alarm for 0445 and when I tried to call at 0500 they were closed.  Then it dawned on me that Texas is CST and only 2 hours ahead of us here, so I made some coffee and waited until 0600.  Got through right away and ony cost me $413.00.  Not a bad Wednesday morning! ???
Stan

calincalif50

Registerd for the four events, paid $435 because the site wanted me to pay again for a membership,  already did.  Called the lady and she fixed it on the spot.   Now just the remaining balances when time is right.

TomG

Dean,

Did you stay at the comfort suites for the Delta tournament last year?

Dean

No I stayed at the Ramada in Antioch.  Got a good deal there, and not too far right off the highway.

Dean

So what's up, Cal... are you in?  Stan and I both got our confirmation, but I haven't heard back from you.

TomG

Dean,

Both you and Stan got confirmation on the first tournament?  Will all the rest come in the nex few weeks?

Dean

No it'll be closer to the tournament.  I think they start notifying like 2 weeks prior to the balance due date.

calincalif50

Sorry Yes I received my confirmation, now they take the other remaining on tne 30th so be tight with that.  Now to repack my tackle so I don't take everything

Stan

There is a nice string of post on the northern board of western bass about Oroville, and it looks like they are setting up a launch facilit at the spillway and it's going to be a go, FYI.
Stan

TomG

A post on westernbass today said FLW will postpone the Oroville trny.  More news to come as well as official message, according to the forum. 

All I know is if they do postpone or reschedule to another lake and I am able to attend the event I will not be doing the Arizona tournament. 

Stan

Hopefully the y reschedule for May, if they reschedule for early Feb I probably won't be going.  The wife and I have worked our schedules out around each other and an early Feb date would put a kink in those plans.

What! no Arizona, why not!?!
Stan

TomG

Why no Arizona, are you kidding.  If I can fish instate and don't have to sleep in a hotel 45 minutes from the launch ramp then yes I will canx the Arizona tournament.  I just don't like the logistics of that one.  Hopefully they will reschedule for after May 1st then I will be on terminal.................. ;D

Stan

Well some good news in the midst of bad, I recieved my confirmations for the rest of the series this year.  Looks like I'm in for the Delta, Clear and Roosevelt.
Stan

Dean

Stan

Moral of the story:  Never get the 14 day advanced rate or you will Pay! :o
Stan

Dean

Yeah, I pretty much got that part.  So much for trying to save money.  Next time I'll pay the "change whatever you want for any reason rate."

TomG

Yeah, and it usually only about $4.00 more per night and at least you know you can cancel within 24 or 48 hours.  I never like locking down and not being able to cancel just because you never know. 

I wonder when they will decide what they will do about rescheduling and if they will stick with Oroville or change lakes completely.

Dean

It is NOT $4. a night difference unless you are AAA.  It is $15 a night which is $60.  With less than 2 weeks to a tournament, and a confirmation of 3 people that will be in the tournament I made the (hindsight) stupid decision to use that "certainty" to save us all some money.  But, NO, I did not make that call for $16. 

Apparently I made that call for $277.  ^-^ it. 

Stan

Dean your request is under review  ;D.  What does that come out to be $92 per person?  Cal and I have decided to go ahead and pay you for our part of this non-hotel stay, but you'll have to sleep on your stomach for the rest of the year lo.

So whats the story on lodging for Clear lake and the Delta?
Stan

Dean

No prepayment.  End of story.

I can go ahead and reserve the place we stayed in October if that is o.k.  We still just need one room right, since Tom has a room?  I have an air matress to take so we don't need to pay for an additional bed from them.

For the Delta, I just need to know if Tom is going, and if he will get his own room or not.  Even if we drove 2 vehicles (if not everyone wanted to go early) we can still split rooms 3 ways the first day, and 4 ways the rest.

Stan

Don't forget, you can only sleep on your stomach, that way Cal and I can get our money's worth out of the deal  lo  ~roflmao.
Stan

TomG

Dean,

Okay I got the amount wrong.  Point is still the same.  Maybe you should take your frustrations out on FLW and not me, they waited until the last minute to cancel.  Needless to say I was pretty pissed off to your response or should I say your tone in your response.  My post had no motive behind it just writing what came to mind.   

Count me out with future travel arrangements and accommodations!

Dean

Sorry, Tom.  This was only one of a few things that didn't go well for me yesterday, and I did not intend to take it out on you.  You did not say this, but in the moment I was reading "Gee, Dean, that was dumb."  You have my sincerest apology for sounding so rude.  I do hope that my misunderstanding, and comment has not encroached on several years of friendship.

Dean

Cal and Stan,
I already explained, but in hindsight it was still a dumb decision.  If I had been a little less sure of things going as planned, no one would have lost money.  My apology for making the situation worse than it needed to be.  I don't think I will ever use that option again in my lifetime even for a savings of $50. a night.

Sorry though... not a stomach sleeper.