2023 Adopted A Family families

Started by Mike Cork, December 26, 2023, 10:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Jeff and Sylas receiving their Christmas Blessing

it will publish at 1030 CST (5 minutes form this post)

Here is Family number 2. Stephanie and her son. Stephanie's fiancé was killed while filling pot holes on Louisiana highway when a logging truck ran into the crew. Since they weren't married and the baby wasn't born yet, the life insurance company paid out to his estranged mother. Stephanie is having to deal with a lot of bills, the emotions of loosing her fiancé and fighting the insurance companies (life and trucking company). Lot's to her story that I can't get into without getting too personal for the forum. You will see Stephanie start looking through her phone to show us a picture of her fiancé, like the last video the tears started and we cut scene.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

I've tried to say this in as many places as I can, but Laurie and I are truly blessed to have so many great friends and family to help with the Adopt A Family each year. While I know we are helping good people that need help, it sure warms my heart to do it. Driving home I was feeling selfish because a video doesn't do justice and I wish everyone could be there with us. To be able to take Marshall and Malachi with us and see what kind of good can be done when a group of people come together, words can't describe how important that is to me and Laurie.

Thank You everyone,
Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

Mike, tks for sharing this.  I know the feeling you have with this event.  It was just a few years ago I had the pleasure to do this UltimateBass Adopted A Family presentation to a family here in Central Texas.

The family we did here seems to be doing really well.  I see her every Sunday at church.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

caddyjoe77

if you dont feel a huge lump, something is wrong with you.  That is just plain AWESOME!!
BeerMe

Captsteve

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on December 27, 2023, 09:15:23 AMif you dont feel a huge lump, something is wrong with you.  That is just plain AWESOME!!
You can say that again

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake