UltimateBass Home Front Activities April 2024

Started by Donald Garner, April 01, 2024, 09:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Howdy  8)

We have partly sunny skies with forecasted temps of 63-87dgrs with 58%humidity and a SE wind @ 15mphs.  There's a chance of thunderstorms moving across the area Friday night into Saturday ~rain

Been busy most of the day today.  Made a trip to the VA Hospital to pay for my med's I take.  I had my biscuits, gravy, hash browns and bacon and diet Mtn Dew while there  :food  ;PEP)  Got back home where Dwayne and I put the new batteries in the G3.  After checking things out I plugged the charger in and got the batteries being charged.  We both went to the barber shop afterwards.   

We decided to stop in Lowes and check out a couple Impact Drills.  On the way home we stopped in at Marine Outlet.  I'm looking at redoing my G3 trailer bunks.  I need to lower them down and turn them so the bunks are lying horizonal and not vertical.  I need to remeasure the brackets and give the parts tech a call back so they can order them.

Last stop was Good Ole Walmart.  We picked up some more hamburger patties and dogs and ice cream.  Dwayne fired the grill up and we ate BBQ burgers and dogs for supper tonight  ;)  :food

The evening ahead will be spent in the recliner relaxing watching tv  ;)

I hope everyone has a relaxing and peaceful evening ahead.   
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Donald Garner

Greetings to all from Central Texas  :)

Cloudy with forecasted temps of 61-71dgrs with 73%humidity a N wind @ 10mphs.  Its going to be a little on the cool side today.

Just finished breakfast and reading the news online.  I'm heading out to vacuum the water out of the G3.  I got the batteries installed yesterday and did a quick check of the aerator, bilge pump and lights.  All are still functional  ~shade

Once the carpet dries out I'm going to pull out the plywood floor and replace it.  There's some tinkering around going to happen with checking the life jackets >Auto Inflated ones<  I'm sure those CO 2 Cartridge Cylinders have expired by now.

Dwayne and I might head down to Fridays for lunch later on today.  Other than that there's nothing planned.  The wife just left she's taking in a movie this morning.

Y'all have a really pleasant day today.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

caddyjoe77

Caught up on all the yard work. Mowed, trimmed, weed eater, stick picking up and mowing the extra lot.

Ordering oil and a filter for the cat   After that ill be taking her out next weekend. 
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

Beautiful bright sunny start here across Central Texas this morning.  It's a little on the chilly side but we'll take it.  Forecasted temps are 46-65dgrs with 56%humidity with a N wind @ 13mphs.  Forecast for the upcoming week looks bright and sunny  ~sun

Went to church this morning.  The wife is fixing tuna fish and chicken salad for lunch today  :food

Once lunch has been eaten I'm headed over to Lowes to pickup some items to finish up with the new floor for the G3.  Dwayne did all the measuring and cutting yesterday.  I'm putting Flex Seal on the pressure treated plywood floor.  We'll see how that works out as the season goes on.  If it doesn't work out then I'll just slap carpet down on it.  There's nothing else planned for the rest of the day.

Joe; Sounds like you've been really busy.  Hope your able to have an enjoyable outing.

To everyone y'all be safe in your travels and enjoy the family time together.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Blue bird skies are covering down across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 55-70dgrs with 62% humidity with a NE wind @ 4mphs.

Just finished enjoying a combination omelet with a glass of orange juice for breakfast  :food   

Somewhat busy morning here.  Dwayne fixed a running toilet in one of the spare bathrooms.  Once the dew dries up and it warms up just a bit we're going to clean the gutters out.  We (Dwayne) will have to climb up on the roof for this tasking.  I got a couple minor things to finish up on the G3 flooring.  I need to mount the cooler tie down hardware.

There is nothing else planned for the rest of the day once the gutters are cleaned out.  I hope everyone has a pleasant day and evening ahead.

Bud Kennedy

Been on the cool side the past few days.  Yesterday the temps stayed in the 50s, Sunday was about the same with a bit of rain left over from saturday.  At least the wind has died down and today promises to be a bit warmer with temps at about 70 before returning to the 80s for the rest of the week.

Have a few errands to do today but nothing major.  Got a few plants the wife wants put in the ground but that might wait until Wednesday unless the weather gets better than expected today.  Still have not applied the weed and feed to the lawn due to the weather conditions.  Hopefully can get it done this week sometime. 

Heading to the lanes on Thursday for a quick few games.  League play is over for the winter season and the summer league is not starting until May 17th.  Until then I will continue to bowl at least one day a week just to stay in shape.  Finished the season very strong and am encouraged going forward.  The past six weeks had scores over 600 for the series with the exception of a week that I had a 571.  All in all not too shabby for an old geezer.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Partly sunny with forecasted temps of 59-77dgrs with 80%humidity with a S wind @ 11mphs.

Busy day today Dwayne and I are working out in the yard.  Afterwards he's going to take down the exterior perimeter lights that are Non-Operational for me.

Bud; Tks for stopping by.  Glad to hear that your bowling has improved.  Best wishes for the upcoming Summer League events.

To everyone hope your day is a good one.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

It's raining here in Central Texas this morning  ~rain   Our forecasted temps for today are 70-81dgrs with 90%humidity with an E wind @ 7mphs.  We have more rain in the forecast for Friday, Saturday and Sunday  ~shade

Nothing real special happening around here today.  It's gloomy and dreary so I guess I'll just tinker around on the computer and relax.

Hope everyone has a really pleasant day and evening ahead.

Dark3

Hi all. Im back from Syria. Been working my ass off around the property. Its still cold, dipping into the 20s but should be short lived. I have a few new rods, reels, and tackle on the back burner, hoping to get to that point soon. While working ive been able to work on breaking in a new grizzly 700. No real recreation use but that with a dump cart has been an invaluable tool while building foundations for a board and batten amish shed and some tall cedar garden beds that are almost wrapped up. Hope you guys are all doing great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Rainy and gloomy here today in Central Texas  ~rain  Our forecasted temps for today are 71-80dgrs with 84%humidity with a SE wind @ 13mphs.   There's more rain in the forecast during the weekend ahead  ~rain  ~rain

The morning didn't start the way I wanted it too.  I had to stop and have one of the tires checked for leakage in the Silverado.  They found a screw in the tire on the outside edge.  The tires are 4 yrs old and need to be replaced.  I was hoping to have this done in June.  But beings the tire tech wasn't allowed to fix the tire issue I wound up having to buy 4 new tires this morning.

So Goodyear now has the Silverado in the shop putting on 4 new tires.  Hopefully these will last and be as durable as the previous Goodyear Wranglers I've purchased.

Other than waiting for the Silverado to be completed there's nothing else happening here today. 

Allen; Welcome back home Warrior  ~flag  ~bb   Enjoy the family time and good luck with the Honey Do Projects List  ;)

To everyone y'all have a really pleasant day and evening ahead.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Stormy weather moving across Central Texas this morning and into the late afternoon.  Our forecasted temps for today are 69-76dgrs with 86%humidity with a S wind @ 15mphs.  We got rain and high winds in the forecast for most of today  :surrender:

There's nothing planned for today except tinkering around on the computer and relaxing.  I hope everyone has a pleasant day and evening ahead.  Be safe in your travels if you have to get out and about.

Bud Kennedy

Another great weather day today.  Just doing odds and ends around the house today and a little trimming in the yard.  I need to trim the ditch at the back of the house but still to wet to get down in there .  Maybe  it will dry out before it rains again. 

Bowling went well yesterday.  Here is a picture of my last game yesterday.  I bowled three games with the first two games were ok but not great.  The last game (pictured here) was fantastic.  Very happy with my progress.

caddyjoe77

Welcome home Alan!  Enjoy the smell of freedom, the time w/family, and relaxing scenery.

Bud!!  Great job!!  The open, was that a 10 pin?   
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Cloudy with high winds are moving across Central Texas this morning.  Our forecasted temps for today are 69-82dgrs with 86%humidity with a SE wind @ 20(+) mphs.  There is the chance for thunderstorms and possible tornados late this afternoon.

Nothing really planned for today.  I might go out and tinker around in the garage later on.

Joe; Tks for stopping by hope you able to get the Cat out and run her for a bit.

Bud; Glad you had the time to stop by to share the day.  That's an impressive outing there at the lanes.  Glad to see you had a great game there at the end of the day.

To everyone y'all be safe and have a really pleasant weekend ahead.

Bud Kennedy

Joe, the open was indeed a 10 pin.  Just a bad miss on my part.  The first frame was also a 10 but got that one.  On a side note I had finished the 2nd game with a 5 bagger to save that game.  Funny how it all comes together all of a sudden.  Sometimes it leaves the same way (all of a sudden)  Oh Well.  I am happy how my game is right now especially for a 78 year old.

Donald Garner

Wet and windy all across Central Texas this morning ~rain   Forecasted temps for today are 67-82dgrs with 93%humidity with SE wind @ 10mphs.   Woke up this morning to the sound of loud thunder and ground striking lighting  :o   The heavy rains showed up moments later   ~shade

Attended church this morning.  With the lighting flashing etc.  we had moments were the interior lighting was flashing on and off.  It finally settled down which allowed us to continue our service.  There is nothing planned for the afternoon.

The wife is fixing some Hispanic Casserole for lunch  :food   I'm  feeling a nap coming on this afternoon with the weather being gloomy and after having eaten some great Hispanic Casserole  ~shade

Bud; Glad to see and hear that your bowling has improved.  You got that Ranger up for sale yet?

I hope everyone has a really relaxing afternoon today.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to get out and about.

SHC286

Gents, I'm back. Tentatively maybe. Many bad things. Ill adventures of the emotionally traumatic type. I've inherited my dad's bass boat and know nothing about bass boats. I have wire shrapnel in my right buttock from a cable that decided to rapidly self disassemble. Life has been hellish, but many good things too. Wife and kids are still healthy, the youngest is about to graduate high school, the grandson is living with us full time now. Mentally disabled so he presents his own challenges, but he's about the sweetest little boy you could ever meet. I went fishing at Lake Darbonne a week or two ago and actually caught a fish!

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today are 70-83dgrs with cloudy skies, 83%humidity with a SE wind @ 13mphs.  We got some rain in the forecast for the next couple days ~rain

Kinda busy this morning with a Lab Appointment (Blood Draw) with Team Vampire at the VA Hospital.  I took the time to enjoy my biscuits, gravy, fried eggs with hashbrowns and bacon while at the hospital  ;)  :food

Made a stop at Academy on the way home.  I picked up a new bilge pump for the G3 and some line clippers.  Yesterday Dwayne took the G3 out for a run.  We put the 25hp 2 stroke Yamaha back on it and after 10 hard pulls she fired up.  She hasn't ran in 2 years.  He burned a 1/2 tank of gas through it before we put it back on the trailer.

Belton Lake is slowly coming back up to Summer Pool.  We've had some pretty serious rains here lately.  Currently it looks like Belton is 9ft below Summer pool.  The lake is murky to semi clear depending on your location.  Water Temps vary from 68 - 75 dgrs again depending on your location.

Stillhouse lake is still super low 14.39ft below Summer Pool.  Water temps there are ranging 65-75dgrs depending on your location. 

SHC; Welcome back and I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your dad.  I'll add you and your family to my daily prayers.  He left you a really nice looking boat there.  Best wishes on getting it operational.  As you know we have lots of experts here that will assist you in getting you the right information on getting her water ready.

To everyone hope your day is a good one.  Tight lines if your able to get out on the water.  Be safe in your travels if your out and about.

SHC286

Work, work and more work. Had to backwash some filters, change some pump parts and put up some "eye wash" signs by my eye wash stations. I can't help but laugh about it a little, you'd better use those signs to find the eye wash station BEFORE you need it, because with the chemicals I work with, you're not gonna see it when you actually do need it. Had to remind a coworker, yet again, to act his wage and stay in his lane. Every few months he gets a little big for his britches and for some reason decides he needs to micro manage everyone and tell them how to do their jobs. It would be funny if it weren't so annoying. So every few months we have to knock him back down a couple of notches. Today our manager told him "there's only one person besides me that's got a title here, and it ain't you!" (Psst... it's me, I'm the other guy with a title)

Well, tomorrow it should be dry enough to get the boat out of the mud.

Donald Garner

SHC, glad to see you posting again.  Yep there's always one or two individuals that have to be kept in check. 

Have fun with the boat once you get it in the water.