Lake Vermillion

Started by Swede, July 16, 2023, 09:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swede

June 24 - July 1
Vacationed at Life of Riley Resort at the north end of Norwegian Bay (NW side of the lake out of Cook). My nephew was along for the entire week, my sister for the first day and a half, and my brother-in-law for the last day and a half. This was our second consecutive year at Life of Riley and once again it didn't disappoint.  The mayfly hatch put the hammer down on the walleye bite, but really didn't affect anything else. My nephew caught the big bass of the trip at 5.2 pounds. I caught the big smallie at 3.25 pounds and big walleye at 20 inches. My sister caught the big northern at 30+ inches. It rained 4 of the 7 days we were there and the bite was better on those days.

The majority of our fish were caught on artificials. Here's the short list; 1) wacky rigged green pumpkin and junebug senkos, 2) Small 3.5 inch paddletail swimbait, 3) whopper-plopper, 4) Yozuri 3DB Series Prop Bait and 5) Pop-R

Here are a few of the fish caught;

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Donald Garner

Swede, congrats to you and your family on a successful outing  ~c~ Tks for sharing the trip and those pictures with us also.  Safe travels for your family on the return trip home.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

big g

Nice Swede, looks like a relaxing trip with a variety of fish.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.