Kicked a few bass today at LaSalle F & W AREA Kankakee River 7/27/2006

Started by kickinbass, July 27, 2006, 06:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickinbass

Heres my report:
Sky's cloudy
winds lite  before the storms
water temp 80
I got on the water at noon which is very late for me. But it couldn't be helped.
water was like glass and it was cloudy so i started out with buzz bait and had no takers first half hour. So I switched over to my favorite plastic worm hitting some of my favorrite laydowns that usually hold fish but still no takers. I hr had past  and I haven't even had a hit. there was two other boats basically ahead of me hitting the areas i was but I didn't see them catch nothing either. So I decided  to try even shallower then they were fishing where i knew nothing had been hit yet and I finally landed a bass but it was a dink. Stayed with it and landed another dink , Well that wasn't getting it done . I decided to find some cooler water with a little bit of current and went back to the buzz bait and bingo landed this bass. It wasn't big but it was considered a keeper.

Now I had figured out a pattern and decided to hit a little deeper water with current and it worked landed a total of 6 bass in 3 hours before a nasty storm kicked me off the water.

Kick Is back even with a bad back

Lipripper

kickinbass sorry your in such pain and glad to see you caught some nice looking Bass in spite of your pain.  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

fisherMann

Nice fish!  ;PHO)  Just what the doctor ordered.  I'm in the market for a boat... so once I find one, I'll have to follow you out there!  Tried meeting up with Fishaholic down there, but the water was very high and he had moved on by the time I got there.  I need some new places to fish... thanks for the report!

kickinbass

Quote from: fisherMann on July 28, 2006, 08:00:47 AM
I'll have to follow you

Many  fisherman have tried to follow me :roll2: ~roflmao

topcat

Thanks for the report....Kickinbass.....that running water sometimes holds the key to where the fish are....hope you get to feeling better.......

Topcat

crawchuck

kickinbass

Thanks guys! Now I just got to rest the back so I can get back out there ASAP ;)

Lipripper

kickinbass just rest your back and you will be back at them before you know it. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet