A Handy Little Item To Help Get Line On Your Baitcaster Spool

Started by Smallie_Stalker, October 09, 2019, 01:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smallie_Stalker

Some baitcasters have spools without holes drilled in them. When you are first trying to put new line on it can be difficult with these types of spools to find the line down in the reel once you have threaded it through the line guide.

If you have aging eyes and tremors like I do it can be incredibly frustrating and extremely difficult. I have used tweezers to reach down and grab the line IF I can see it but that has not always been the case so I searched for a solution. And I finally found one that works for me.

I found a pair of lighted tweezers on Amazon for less than $4 and they work like magic. The light is extremely bright and helps me see down inside the reel very easily. What was taking me 15 - 20 minutes to do now takes me about 30 seconds!

It's been a real time saver for me so if you have trouble getting that initial wrap of line on the spool of your baitcaster pick yourself up a pair.

And I'm sure there will be other uses we as anglers can find for a small but very useful tool like this.  :-*

You can find them --> Here

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Donald Garner

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bassinkorea

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

ike8120

Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Captsteve

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Pacific NW Ron

What a great idea.  Thanks for doing the research on this and finding a solution.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

LgMouthGambler

Good idea. But I usually take the spool out of the reel to make sure it cinched nicely.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

fishballer06

Is this what I have to look forward to when I get older  :shocking: :'(

Great idea though, Smallie!
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: fishballer06 on October 11, 2019, 07:24:54 AM
Is this what I have to look forward to when I get older  :shocking: :'(

Great idea though, Smallie!

lo

The aging eyes maybe. The tremors probably not. At least not the kind I have. I have are a genetic trait within my family and not the usual type people get as they age. My brother has had them since he was in his late twenties. I got lucky and they didn't get bad for me till just after I turned 50. I went from rock steady the majority of the time to my writing looks like chicken scratch all the time in less than 2 years.  ;)
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire