Sad when a great lure is no longer available

Started by SenkoSam, February 24, 2023, 10:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenkoSam

Last year I bought 4.5" Softy plastic worms and found they worked great with different presentations - especially as a jerk worm! The only Softy worm I've found available is on eBay similar in shape to a Zoom Trick worm, of which I have quite a few but don't use. I may try a few in the 6.25" size, $5.99/20,  free s/h. "Seller on vacation," not a good sign as shown in the cart but I'll order them anyway. Also not a good sign is that their website is down

Even I'm a sucker for great color laminates!

Pat Dilling

Isn't that frustrating?  I have two colors of Yamamoto grubs that I have great confidence in as jig trailers.  #180 Bluegill and #164 Indigo Blue.  Sadly, neither one is made anymore.  I have scrounged around and found some in leftover stock. But sure would like to be able to buy fresh ones.
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

SenkoSam

The seller's store is closed for vacation. Check back later. message.
Bad enough they're are no longer available on Amazon.
Doubt I'll be able to order them which really sucks! ???

If I had some Pat, I would give them to you n/c.

big g

You want 4-5" just bite the trick worm down to size wanted.  They sure come in lots of colors.  As they get torn up after catches I keep biting off chunks to get clean plastic.  Size is never a problem.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

SenkoSam

I got Trick Worms. The plastic Softy Worms are made from is different and Trick Worms don't have the same action when jerked on the surface or mid-depth, almost suspending on the pause. Plus the tail is tapered all the way down. The Robo Worm is similar in shape and I will cast a few to compare to the Softy.
As you can see, everything bit them rigging them on a 1/32 oz jig with #2 hook:

After a large pickerel mangled the tail of one, I cut the front off and caught +10 more fish:  sunnies, yellow perch and white perch.

It's action is closer to a Yamamoto Kut Worm:

BassmanRudy

This guy? Looks like you should be able to check back March 4th and see if it adds to the cart.

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

SenkoSam

Good to know. The baits are saved for later until I know for sure.
Thanks

Redleg79

May have to look into the small custom guys that make their own baits. I used to fish this style bait alot too....let me see if anyone has a mold and if they do.....I may be able to help you out.
ARMY Veteran (97-02)
Soft Bait Maker
Love to Hunt, Fish, and trail ride.

jwkelley51

You can usually get them on eBay or from the Fish North Georgia store. It wasn't that long ago that they shipped free. Good worms

SenkoSam

You're right! Found them on Ebay but way too expensive at $.50/ worm when s/h is added. Got enough to last me a few years.

Redleg79

These are the closest I could find. Im more partial to the 2nd & 4th.
ARMY Veteran (97-02)
Soft Bait Maker

SenkoSam

Nice shape for jerk worming! Thanks!
Where are the molds from?

Redleg79

Quote from: SenkoSam on April 25, 2023, 09:38:05 AM
Nice shape for jerk worming! Thanks!
Where are the molds from?
Fat Guys Fishing, BTS, BassTackle, and Enforcer.
ARMY Veteran (97-02)
Soft Bait Maker

SenkoSam