Little George Type Lures!

Started by bigjim5589, September 09, 2020, 12:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjim5589

This topic has come up, so I went and looked thru some of my tackle and found these that I had made. They're copies of the Little George type tails spinner made with Do It molds, although I experimented with various blades on them.

These were made many years ago, as they were painted with vinyl paint & over coated with epoxy. I possibly haven't used vinyl paints in 20 to 25 years, so they would be at least that old.

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

bigjim5589

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

bigjim5589

Bassinkorea

The baits and the paint seem to have held up well over the years  ~c~
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

bigjim5589

Quote from: Bassinkorea on September 09, 2020, 08:11:11 PM
The baits and the paint seem to have held up well over the years  ~c~

Steve, Yes, they don't get much wear sitting in a tackle box!  lo  I think I may have used some of them, but most were probably not used. I also found I had a stash of small spoons of various types that I had forgotten about.  ::)

Bassinkorea

Quote from: bigjim5589 on September 09, 2020, 08:17:29 PM
Steve, Yes, they don't get much wear sitting in a tackle box!  lo  I think I may have used some of them, but most were probably not used. I also found I had a stash of small spoons of various types that I had forgotten about.  ::)

I've had lures sitting in a tackle box for far less than they have that look a whole lot worse  lo
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Wizard

The Turtle Shell blade is a secret weapon on spinner bait. In a larger blade, the blade's reflection "shimmers" in the light and the vibration is different from other blades. It worked best as an early morning spinner steadily retrieved and as a short arm drop bait around dusk.
I've never seen a Turtle Shell blade as little as the one in the picture. I once had around 150-200 Little George. Most were bought for $.25. Now the lure is around $5 at BPS.
Your homemade lures are very nice, Gentlemen. Obvious that both of you take pride in your work.

Wizard