38 lb 7oz Bag on Rayburn

Started by J.W., February 13, 2024, 11:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.W.

Was wondering who all saw this bag get weighed in? Marshall Hughes from Hemphill, TX.

This was the MLF Tackle Warehouse Invitational at Sam Rayburn this weekend.

Crazy! Three 11+ pounders caught at the tournament, also.

Watched the whole thing, was pulling for LeBrun to get the W. He ended up in 8th, which came with a good check.

Donald Garner

That's an impressive bag there.  It's not unusual for this time of the year on Big Sam.

I love fishing that lake.  I wished I lived closer to it.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

J.W.

Quote from: Donald Garner on February 13, 2024, 11:52:08 AMThat's an impressive bag there.  It's not unusual for this time of the year on Big Sam.

I love fishing that lake.  I wished I lived closer to it.

I have never been on it myself, which is a shame, because it's not all that far from Toledo Bend, and I fish TB several times a year.

Donald Garner

J.W.

Buddy, all I can say is that "You're Missing Out" on some really great fishing  ~shade   Here's a link that will provide you with some very useful information.

Lake Sam Rayburn 

When you click on the Public Access Facilities it will show you all the launch ramps and parks around the lake.

If you plan a trip during Feb > May make sure you take a good rain suit.  The lake lays North to South and when the Spring Storms roll in from either direction man it can get REAL UGLY QUICK   :surrender:  :shocking:

Last thing make sure you have a Texas Fishing License also.  I can't think of anytime I fished that lake that I wasn't checked either in the parking lot or out on the water.

Tight lines
Don
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

J.W.

Hey thanks Don! I'm eventually going to ease over there at some point.

skidemn

Wow, that's a far cry from the winning weight in our club's December tournament. Only one boat weighed in fish, 1.6lbs for 2 fish. That's an inspiring day on the water for sure! On a positive note, that boat got paid out for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, plus big fish, so he had a great day! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.W.

Quote from: skidemn on February 15, 2024, 11:00:06 AMWow, that's a far cry from the winning weight in our club's December tournament. Only one boat weighed in fish, 1.6lbs for 2 fish. That's an inspiring day on the water for sure! On a positive note, that boat got paid out for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, plus big fish, so he had a great day! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lo He got ALL the money!  lo

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

J.W.

Quote from: D.W. Verts on February 16, 2024, 09:01:34 AMFFS fish?

Dale

According to him, he said he was looking at his livescope to find bait, but not targeting fish with it. He said it was a spot that wasn't good for "'scoping fish." It was one small hard spot between some brush piles where he caught all the big ones. Jerkbait and mop jig.