Bait Monkey attacks again... :-)

Started by BassmanRudy, February 17, 2023, 07:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassmanRudy

So I "needed" some finesse drop shot baits for my upcoming tourney- but yet somehow some other baits ended up in my cart???

Been wanting to try the "slobberknocker" so glad they showed up! Skirt def smells like powerbait.

Some awesome colors for the Choppo that you just can't get on the plopper so Oops those got added! The Mullet color from the saltwater side looks awesome! May change the hooks out but we'll see.

Roboworms are well known for finesse and then saw this 13 Fishing Rabbit Ear worm (on clearance) which has 2 small "ears??" at the end which also have small angles on them. They have something called Donkey Sauce on/in them and it is pretty strong! Not stinky which is good imo.

Weather looks Good this weekend before a big snow storm rolls in Tues so should have a chance to use em!
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

FlatsNBay

Rudy, I'm trying the Slobber Knocker as well matched up with a Berkley Power Stinger trailer. The Slobber Knocker seems to have a duller thump than a chatter bait. The Power Stinger trailer has some weight and bulk to it so I can cast both in the wind a country mile.

I'm a big fan of the Choppo. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Go catch em up then check back with a review.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

njpaulc

Boy those saltwater colors do look sweet,  if they have heavy saltwater hooks I'd change 'em out, unless you expect double digit bass.

BassmanRudy

Yeah Paul this "mullet" color could be almost anything in freshwater! White bass/hybrid/shad/crappie!

The hooks are the Fusion ones and are sharp but super thick. I use braid on the ploppers so don't set the hook hard and was losing fish til I went to lighter size 2 triple grips.

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Smallie_Stalker

Wow Rudy. If the monkey's gonna bite ya that's a good bite!

I'd really like to try the Slobber Knockers but with our lead laws it's a no go for now.

Triple grips are my #1 choice for trebles but it's getting really hard to find anything but short or 2x short shanks. The Fusion is a medium shank and a great hook so I was experimenting with those on some cranks and especially topwaters the last couple times I was able to get out. 

Either way great haul. Looking forward to some pics and a report or two once you put everything to work.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire