Ultimate Bass Club Shoot Out Dinner

Started by Mike Cork, March 23, 2006, 07:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Although there is a cook out every night of the Ultimate Bass Club Shoot Out. Saturday night is reserved for the Host Club to feed everyone prior to a tournament meeting. I must say that Lock Jaw went over the top on this years dinner :toot:

Here is a shot of one of the tables set up for the Feast. As you can see there was no sitting at this table if you got tired you had to move and let someone else in.

But that wasn't working, ole Joque was cooking away and folks were chowing down so some folks got their own flats of crawdads and found a chair away from the flying heads and tails

Mitch didn't want to have to share his beer so he was headed into the woods  :roll2:

As the night went on, folks just couldn't get enough so they had to start another table so folks could sit down and get elbows deep in the boiled delicacies

When it was all done it looked like a chumming board for a catfisherman

I must say that even thought they don't fish all that well then Cajuns sure do know how to put on a meal :toot: :toot: :toot:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Ron Fogelson

Yep Mike I agree there fishing was down right funny to see but them boys flatout know how to cook. Them little mudbugs were G-R-E-A-T!

Jared LeBlue

Once again yall are blinded by the little trophy. Lets take a look at the stats once more shall we:

Tournament totals
                    Twin Cities           Lockjaw            Total
   Day            #     Weight       #   Weight      #    Weight
Saturday        30      73.72      47    90.35      77     164.07
Sunday          29       57.82      40    86.91     69     144.73
Total             59      131.54      87  177.26    146    308.80
Average size                2.23               2.04               2.12

We caught 28 more fish than yall and we had 46 more lbs than yall did. Oh and we had the biggest fish of the tournament. And we cook good. :roll2:
Ardent Prostaff

MotherNature

Quote from: Rattle on March 23, 2006, 09:35:07 PM
We caught 28 more fish than yall and we had 46 more lbs than yall did. Oh and we had the biggest fish of the tournament. And we cook good. :roll2:

Well if it were meeeeee... I wouldn't be showin' those stats off so much there Rattle lo If ya'll did so darn good then why is it that Twin Cities Team Club STILL has that little trophy?

Maybe you can catch fish but for some reason ya'll don't know how to put together a team bag  :roll2: I wonder if it has something to do with counting  :-\

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: Laurie on March 24, 2006, 12:26:12 AM
Well if it were meeeeee... I wouldn't be showin' those stats off so much there Rattle lo If ya'll did so darn good then why is it that Twin Cities Team Club STILL has that little trophy?

Maybe you can catch fish but for some reason ya'll don't know how to put together a team bag  :roll2: I wonder if it has something to do with counting  :-\

Thats some funny stuff right there I don't care who you are.

We tried the KISS method for them by only bringing 10 fish to the scales figured someone on the team would have 10 fingers I know some have more and the slow guys might have a few less from fileting fish god knows they don't have 10 teeth between the whole lot.  >:D

But we all forgot that they have to add the weights of the fish and well,,,,  that looks to be just out of there reach.  ~roflmao

Mike Cork

Sorry Rattle but no matter what you do in life it's

Quality

over

Quantity

anyone can go out and catch a bunch of minnows, but if you want to play with the big dawgs you better bring a big lunch and a bigger scale  :roll2: :roll2:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Jared LeBlue

It's a simple fish. If you look at the average weight it's less than a .20 difference. Yall had 2 good fish , a seven and a six. We counter with an 8 but you can contribute your win to that 6lb fish. Anyway you slice it yall put together the winning stringer to take home the trophy and to that I congratulate yall but to say yall woop us, NOT. Like I said luck was on your side and believe me when I tell you I would rather be lucky than good any day. lo
Ardent Prostaff

blackbox

Thanks Rattle about mentioning my 6 lber. That was about the only help I brought to the team.

Jared LeBlue

That was probably the most important fish of the tournament, not to take away from anybody else but the seven and eight lber kind of canceled each other out so that six was very important. Simply put with out it yall would have lost, so go ahead a pat yourself on the back for a great catch and what I would consider the winning fish. ~c~
Ardent Prostaff

Jared LeBlue

Now that we got all this nonsense out of the way I would like to add that the supper that TCTC provided Friday night was excellent. There was so much stuff I don't think I can list it all. I know you guys put out some effort and money on that spread and I for one appreciate it. Graet food and great company, what more can you ask for. I know a championship trophy, ha ha.  lo

For all those who have never fished the UBCS I want to tell you what you are missing. Great the entire time you are there, companionship that is unmatched, competitive fishing, seminars, awesome cabins, beautiful scenery, and lots more. How much would you pay for a tournament like this? It's $30 and that includes two days of big bass, cabins sold seperately. ;D Hope to yall next year.
Ardent Prostaff

Robert Rollins

You're right Rattle, the Yankees did put on a good meal Friday Night.
Shocker!!  Must have checked out some cajun cook books to figure that spread out!  lo  The whole thing: meals, fishing, competition, cabins, etc. was top-notch.  If you don't make it next year, you're really missing out.
...For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son so that whoever believes in Him would not perish but have everlasting life.  John 3:16

BIG PAPA

We will have to thank Texas Select Seasonings for the great fish. ~c~
papa

Jared LeBlue

Ardent Prostaff