If you are need of boat repair please read!

Started by tresguey, July 13, 2016, 12:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tresguey

Just wanted to give a warning to all if you are living in the IE and are needing any hull repair. Absolutely, Positively do not use a guy off craigslist out of San Bernardino that always posts 2 ads. The last 4 of his contact phone number is 8192.

I spoke with him at the end of March, I bought all the materials needed to shoot clear gel on my wife's Champion. I have restored over 10 boats(mostly jets) myself. But with work, I could not see me getting the job done properly before we planned on going on vacation. He showed me plenty of pictures of work he did, speaking with him I questioned him on processes and techniques he uses. He said all the right things and promised me that he could have my wife's boat completed in less than 2 months. I finally picked up the boat last night after hearing excuse after excuse. It took me will power that I have never in my life had just to keep from reverting back to the person I was in my days while in the Marines. He shot the gel last week, still a bit soft last night. He either did not add enough catalyst or enough wax additive to the final coat. The carpeting he did was not even close to be half-a$$ good.

I guess I will just do the job correct myself, utterly disappointed.   ~rant ~rant ~xyz