Fishing line made in USA

Started by FishinBuck07, April 17, 2020, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Jared LeBlue on April 27, 2020, 03:29:53 PM
Unfortunately there are no ( fresh water )reel manufactures in the US. Penn may still be here in the US but they only make a couple of saltwater reels here and the rest of their stuff is made over seas. There are a few other companies in the US but they are limited to fly reels and saltwater reels.  Most of the fishing reel manufactures are in China, Malaysia, Japan, Korea, and some in the Uk. KastKing, Stren, and Vicious fishing lines are made in the USA.
I can't speak for Kast King or Viscious Fishing, and I'm not trying to be argumentative here in any way either but Stren line is Made in the U.S.A the same way that Berkley Trilene is and here is why I can say that.

Stren Is owned by Pure Fishing (see pic below) the same company that owns Berkley. And Pure Fishing buys some of their source materials for all of the brands that fall under their umbrella from overseas.

Stren is no different. It is made in America but from a combination of domestic and imported products. Another one of those situations like I mentioned earlier where the word "made" is being substituted for "assembled.

So it too is not 100% American made.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

OkobojiEagle

My Grandma's cookie ingredients were not sourced entirely within her kitchen, but her finished product was the best "home made" cookie I've ever eaten.

Deadeye

Quote from: OkobojiEagle on April 28, 2020, 07:28:57 AM
My Grandma's cookie ingredients were not sourced entirely within her kitchen, but her finished product was the best "home made" cookie I've ever eaten.

Good One!!

Deadeye

Unfortunately It goes way beyond Fishing Line.

Some of you may already know this, but our FDA now Approves the use of Made in America where the Pigs, Chickens, and Beef is grown here then shipped to China for processing.

It is then re-sent to America and the FDA welcomes it back in with little to no oversight. What they do and how the Process it is not made to be up to Our Standards so it is cheaper to send it there and ship it back.

Crazy Right?

Goes beyond that however. I recently ready a piece where it was revealed that now a HUGE amount of our Food Meats are now actually Lab Grown from Animal and Poultry Cells. That's right they make  Burger from a Cell that they design to grow into beef that never is actually a cow. WOW.

FishinBuck07

Wow guess I opened up a can of worms with this simple question, sorry guys! 

nats

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on April 28, 2020, 09:34:51 AM
. Are they real worms ?  Or those fake worms bass fishermen use? :)

Deadeye

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on April 28, 2020, 09:34:51 AM

Not Really.

It's just hard to find anything that is totally made in America anymore.

There used to be a Commercial about TV's. It went along the lines of "people say that you can't buy a good TV made in America anymore. At Zenith we politely answer BUNK!"

Zenith the Quality goes in before the Name goes on. That was their Moto.

You can't find anything made with the Zenith Name on it anymore. WalMart started with selling all American Made Goods for less. Then after Sam Walton died his Heirs were more about the $$$ than the Country and took it to the limit and honestly We The People followed.

I don't know if this was true or a fake site, but I saw a Report that said WalMart was sold out to China for 500 Billion. Why I think it was Bull was it also said they were changing the name to China Mart. LOL.

FishinBuck07

I guess I was just looking for products mostly made in US, I am not naive in the fact that there probably aren't fully made in America anymore, which is very sad. But I guess that is what we get when profit rules everything.  I know not all components are going to be from the good ole USA, but want to support companies that try to do as much as possible here. 

loomisguy

The next time your looking for a rod, Think of St.Croix , Loomis, or Kistler. St.Croix does send some of the lower end models to Mexico but I believe everything above the Mojo is made in Park Falls.

hydrillagorillahunter

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on April 28, 2020, 10:15:45 AM
I guess I was just looking for products mostly made in US

good luck with that...but it appears you really meant 'assembled' in the USA, which you've more or less stated. 

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Deadeye on April 28, 2020, 09:14:09 AM
Unfortunately It goes way beyond Fishing Line.

Some of you may already know this, but our FDA now Approves the use of Made in America where the Pigs, Chickens, and Beef is grown here then shipped to China for processing.

It is then re-sent to America and the FDA welcomes it back in with little to no oversight. What they do and how the Process it is not made to be up to Our Standards so it is cheaper to send it there and ship it back.

Crazy Right?

Goes beyond that however. I recently ready a piece where it was revealed that now a HUGE amount of our Food Meats are now actually Lab Grown from Animal and Poultry Cells. That's right they make  Burger from a Cell that they design to grow into beef that never is actually a cow. WOW.

I guess they don't call you Deadeye for nothing Fred. You are spot on with this. it is also true that the vast majority of the generic prescription medications that Americans take are made in China and shipped here and many of them contain ingredients that are in no way necessary. Many of them have long term cumulative effects that are harmful at best and most likely fatal at worst. >:D

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

FishinBuck07

Quote from: loomisguy on April 28, 2020, 01:36:03 PM
The next time your looking for a rod, Think of St.Croix , Loomis, or Kistler. St.Croix does send some of the lower end models to Mexico but I believe everything above the Mojo is made in Park Falls.
Yeah I will definitely do that!  I am set for rods right now but some time down the road I will want new ones!  Pretty sure Cashion also!

Captsteve

Well isn't Dobyn's rods made in America

Any day fishing, is a good day.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

topdsm0138

Quote from: apenland01 on April 26, 2020, 10:46:19 PM
The trade off here is whether the stuff made in America has quality that is as good or better than what is being made in other countries.  I'm all about supporting American manufacturing, but only if the product is good.  I'm willing to pay more for American made, but not if the quality isn't on par with what I can get elsewhere.  I'm not buying garbage just because it's made in America....
I'm with you on that one. I don't mind paying for "Made in America" products, it's not so much about the quality to me, but more about there needs to be some pride/craftsmanship of the product too. Not, "Hey, they want American, let's just pop out some of this & that as cheaply and fast as possible!" No, I would prefer "Hey, they chose American over Foriegn, let's give them something to make the competition jealous and wow the consumer!"

Let's take Japan for example (yeah, I know, I know, Asia is not a great topic of discussion right now..), the Japanese are extremely proud people, who have a system of honor in everthing they create. That's why they try to excell, the "creator's" reputation is everything.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

loomisguy

Quote from: Captsteve on April 28, 2020, 04:33:35 PM
Well isn't Dobyn's rods made in America

Any day fishing, is a good day.
No

loomisguy

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on April 28, 2020, 04:24:05 PM
Yeah I will definitely do that!  I am set for rods right now but some time down the road I will want new ones!  Pretty sure Cashion also!
Yep Cashion and possibly ALX.  Cashion is a nice rod.. There aren't many rods I haven't fished but ALX is one.
There can be slip ups in any rod but overall the craftmanship of St.Croix, Kistler and for the most part GLoomis is really good. Although some of the NRX's I've seen are no work of art.
And to give credit where it's due Megabass builds a beautiful rod.

Oldfart9999

Kistler and Loomis have both sent their blank manufacture off shore. As far as I know ALX still uses the better St. Croix blanks in their top rods, wish I could afford them. Most of our politicians are all home grown, the rocks they crawl out from under have been here for millions of years.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

loomisguy

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on April 29, 2020, 07:27:34 AM
Kistler and Loomis have both sent their blank manufacture off shore. As far as I know ALX still uses the better St. Croix blanks in their top rods, wish I could afford them. Most of our politicians are all home grown, the rocks they crawl out from under have been here for millions of years.
Rodney
Kistler uses NFC blanks made in Washington at least from the KLX up. Loomis also builds it's blanks in it's original facility in Washington.
ALX never used St. Croix blanks to my knowledge they use hydra blanks made in SC . I believe some of the less expensive models may use a off shore blank.

bsrowlet

I'm crushed, I use STREN because I thought it was still made in the  USA

ike8120

KastKing KastPro Braided Fishing Line is made in the US
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Esox obsessed

Unfortunately there are no ( fresh water )reel manufactures in the US. Penn may still be here in the US but they only make a couple of saltwater reels here and the rest of their stuff is made over seas. There are a few other companies in the US but they are limited to fly reels and saltwater reels.  Most of the fishing reel manufactures are in China, Malaysia, Japan, Korea, and some in the Uk. KastKing, Stren, and Vicious fishing lines are made in the USA.

Wrong irt spinning reels are made in usa but they are several hundred dollars and more so meant for saltwater

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Esox obsessed on June 02, 2023, 06:14:54 AM

Wrong irt spinning reels are made in usa but they are several hundred dollars and more so meant for saltwater
Read the post again, especially the middle part.