UltimateBass Home Front Activities Jan 2024

Started by Donald Garner, January 01, 2024, 12:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone   ~goof

:toot: Welcome to 2024  ~c~   I hope this new month / year brings joy and good health to everyone in the UltimateBass Family. 

We're starting the day off with bright sunny skies across Central Texas  ~sun    The forecasted temps are 33-51dgrs with 50%humidity and a N wind @ 13 mphs.  Sunny skies with cool temps are whets in store for today.

The wife and I had a very pleasant trip down and back from Fredericksburg, TX.  We spent the night there and took in a Tribute Band Show at the Rock Box Theater last night.  The tribute band "Lone Star Skynard" did a great job during the performance.  They perform Lynard Skynard hits and had the place rocking  ~shade   After breakfast at the hotel this morning we got on the road at 7:45am.  There was zero traffic till we got to Marble Falls, TX and then it was was really light.

Back home we got the vehicle downloaded and everything put away.  The rest of the day here is going to be spent relaxing.  I'll be watching both of the Bowl Games later on this evening.  I'm hoping Alabama and Texas both win their games.

Bassmedic46; Tks for stopping in and sharing the day.  Tks for the prayers for me and my Cardiac Situation now.  I wish you the best in this upcoming new year also my friend.  I was fast asleep last night prior to Midnight also.  I'm not into all this drinking and carrying on etc. during New Years Eve.  To me it's just another day . 

To everyone y'all have a pleasant and relaxing day recouping from New Years Eve activities.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out.

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Today is taking down the Christmas decorations inside and outside.  We did not do all that much this season so this is not really a big task at all.  Just a matter of packing it away for another year.  We did not do a tree this year for the first time in 56 years.  We both pledge to do it up big next year if our health allows.  2023 brought both of us a few health issues but nothing we could not handle.  I am so happy that I retired at 62 to at least have some quality time to do all those things you always wanted. 

Donald glad you guys had a nice trip and a good show.  Sounds like a nice way to spend new years eve. Today is a very nice day here at the beach,  Currently it is 65 and sunny with a lite westerly breeze.  Future forecasts indicate typical winter weather for our area with cold nights and temps in the 50s and 60s for highs. 

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,
We're starting the day off with mostly sunny skies across Central Texas  ~sun   We have a line of heavy thunderstorms moving into the area later on today and into the evening  ~rain   Our forecasted temps for today are 39-48dgrs with 67%humidity with a E wind @ 6mphs.  Its going to be a chilly, wet day today  ~shade

Kinda busy this morning with laundry going on.  The wife and I are heading over to Sam's Club later on this morning for some shopping.  There isn't anything else planned for the rest of the day once the shopping has been completed.

Bud; Sounds like you had a busy day there getting things taken down and repacked. The day trip to Fredericksburg was very enjoyable.  The owners of the Rock Box Theater do a really good job bringing in bands that fill the house.  Spending the night there adds to the relaxation of the 2.5hr drive also.  There's lots to do there other than attending the Rock Box Theater also. 

To everyone hope your day is a pleasant and enjoyable one.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

topdsm0138

Afternoon everyone. Hope y'all had a great holiday season. 12 more months and I can medically retire from the Army. Yay!

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

caddyjoe77

cold weather but the bass are heating up.  Took the dirty 30 sack to win Sunday and my neighbor is out slaying them.  the fatties are eating.

unfortunately I havent been able to get out there but I will
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all,
It's been cloudy all day and will continue into this evening.  Our forecasted temps are 38-53dgrs with
65%humidity with a NE wind @ 6mphs.

Many of ya know my son Dwayne he moved down here last year to attend rehab for a brain injury.  He recovered after a period of time and moved back up to Alaska to work and be with his kids.  He had a mini stroke just before Christmas and things haven't gone so well for him.  He's recovering slowly from that situation now. 

We're getting him to move back down here with us beings he's divorced and there's no one to take care of him.  He'll be here on Monday to start his recovery phase once again.  Not really how we wanted to start the New Year off but life isn't always fair.  We're in the process of getting the house set up for his arrival and making sure he has everything he needs.

Not much else happening here I just finished getting his flight squared away for him.  The wife is getting his room squared away. The rest of the evening here will be spent in the recliner relaxing and watching some tv. 

Caddyjoe; You need to spend some time out in that CAT with all those electronics finding those 'Fatties'  Tight lines buddy I hope you can smell up those livewells soon  ;)

Top; Buddy this year will be over before you know it.  Good luck and just a REMINDER make sure YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS are UPDATED; All your X-rays are updated prior to you taking that RETIREMENT Exit Physical.  It's a PITA getting your disability updated after you retire.

To everyone I hope your day has been a pleasant one and your evening going to be a relaxing one.

Bud Kennedy

Fixin' to head out for the bowling alley in a few minutes.  Today is league day after a 2 week delay because of the past holidays.  I still have been bowling weekly on a practice basis so it should not be to much rust on the old body. 

Bright sunny but a bit cool today with current temp at 48  from a low of 27 this morning.  Tomorrow will be a warmer day but significant rain is in the forecast for Saturday and then a big storm is forecasted for Tuesday with more rain and a lot of winds gusting to the 40s. 

Nothing else is planned for the next couple days aside from a probable assignment for house cleaning.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

We had heavy fog covering down across Central Texas this morning  :surrender:   Our forecasted temps for today are 37-62dgrs with 76%humidity with an E wind @ 4mphs.  We now have cloudy skies with later on this afternoon forecasts calls for bright sunny skies  ~sun

Been busy here the past couple days getting things squared away for the arrival of our son on Monday.  Yesterday my arthritis flared up really bad in both of my arms and hands.  I couldn't even straighten my fingers out they were in so much pain.  I had to have the wife massage them with some medical cream I have   >:(

Was cleaning out one of the closets and found a box with documents from when I was stationed in Alaska.  There were pictures and personnel evaluation reports, pay subs from when I first joined the army.  I over heated my shredder in the process of destroying them  ~b~   The shredder has now cooled down so I'm going to finish up getting rid of those pictures and documents.  One less thing that has to be accomplished down the road.

There is nothing else planned for the rest of the day.  I'm going to move over to the recliner and check out whets on the tv later on.

Bud; Tks for stopping by and sharing the day with us.  Hope you have a pleasant outing at the bowling alley.

To everyone hope yawls day will be a pleasant one and the evening a relaxing one once you get home.

topdsm0138

Afternoon everyone. Been doing a little practicing with the new TIG welder I cleaned up and refurbished. Think I have my aluminum settings all set now.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Donald Garner

Looks like your set there to make any repairs needed on your boat or trailer.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Bright sunny skies are covering down across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 33-56dgrs with 65%humidity with a NE wind @ 7mphs.  We have a chance of rain on Monday but the rest of the week is looking sunny and pleasant  ~shade

We got a little house cleaning going on this morning  ~sweat   The wife is at Walmart shopping and I got the mission to clean the master bedroom and bathroom  ~shade   I'm thinking about firing up the grill this afternoon and BBQ some chicken and hotdogs  :-\   We'll see how the morning goes first.

Nothing really planned for the rest of the day if the grilling doesn't take place.  I hope everyone has a really pleasant day and evening ahead.  Y'all be safe in your travels this weekend.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone  8)

Its a another Blue Bird Sky Day across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 34-60dgrs with 90%humidity with a S wind @ 2 mphs.

I'm off to church here shortly and will be having lunch at home today.  There is nothing planned for the day except relaxation  :)

I hope everyone has a pleasant day and evening ahead.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone   ~shade

Nasty weather is moving in to Central Texas.  We got some heavy thunderstorms with lighting and possibly some hail with it later on today   ~rain   Our forecasted temps for today are 37-62dgrs with 94%humidity with a S wind @ 15mphs.

House cleaning continues for me as I clean all the hardwood floors this morning.  The wife has taken her Chevy Cruze to get the Wheel Air Tire Sensor Pressure sensors replaced.  We have been getting air pressure warning now for a week or soon reference the tires. Its time to have these PITA sensors replaced.

There isn't anything else planned for the rest of the day after the cleaning is done.  I hope everyone has a really pleasant day and evening ahead.

Bud Kennedy

Mostly cloudy and a bit cool with storms in the forecast for tomorrow.  Severe weather is expected with the worst happening around 4PM on Tuesday.  Rain, wind with 50 mph gusts and probable tornado warnings.  Just have to wait and see what happens I guess.  Rain will start tomorrow before sunrise and continue until about 8 pm or so.  Wife has Physical Therapy tomorrow and with the icky weather I will be her driver so she does not have to mess with the traffic in bad weather.

This afternoon have to go out in the yard and secure anything that can blow around and that is about all for that kind of stuff.  Tonight I am making some Shepherds Pie for supper.  Been a while since we have had any of that so it sounds like a nice change of pace.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all  8)

Another Blue Bird Sky day across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   It's been extremely windy throughout the night and will remain that way till later on today.  We've had wind gusts up to 40(+)mph moving across the area  :surrender:    Our forecasted temps for today are  35-53dgrs with 34% humidity with a NW wind @ 20mphs.  The rest of the week looks to be bright and sunny with mid 30's Lows; mid 60's Highs  ;)

Busy day today as I had a morning Medical Lab Appointment (Blood Draw) with Team Vampire at the VA Hospital.  I enjoyed my biscuit, gravy, fried eggs with hash browns and bacon once my appointment was over with.  The wife called me from her work out class letting me know her key fob wasn't working.  She finally got the door open and vehicle started.  I guess I'll have to check that battery in the fob to ensure it's not going bad.

Bud; Sure hope that nasty weather off the coast doesn't do much damage to the area there.   So how did the last bowling outing go?

We're off to Austin here shortly to pickup our son.  He's flying in from Anchorage, Alaska he's moving back here to Texas now.  I hope everyone has a really pleasant day today and evening ahead.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all,

Another bright, windy, sunny day across Central Texas today  ~sun   Our forecasted temp for across the area are 42-66dgrs with 33% humidity with a SE wind @ 18mphs.

Not much happening here today except relaxation  ;)   Dwayne is recovering from jet lag and the time change from Alaska to here now.  The wife is out shopping picking up a few things for Dwayne.  There is nothing planned for the rest of the day presently.

I hope everyone has a really pleasant day and evening ahead  ~shade

Bud Kennedy

Storm is over and today is bright and sunny but still a bit windy making it feel very cool.  Current temp is 53 but sure does not feel like it.  We did have a nearby tornado but not here where we live.  Also a number if water spouts were reported just off shore.  Highest wind gust (other than tornado) was posted at 74 mph on the Winyah Bay at Georgetown, SC.  Highest gust in our area was 64.  We had a fair amount of rain but nothing too bad and no flooding here in our community.  Some flooding reported by the Waccamaw River near Conway, SC.  Another storm is on the way for Friday but it looks to be a little more inland so we likely won't have any issues here.

Donald, Glad Dwayne has made it back to Texas.  Hopefully he can recover from his mini stroke and get back to a more normal life.  It will be interesting to see if he want to get back up to Alaska.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

It's been a bright sunny but windy day across Central Texas today  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today were 38-72dgrs with 64%humidity with a S wind @ 19mphs.  We got a Cold Front moving into the area here starting tomorrow night.  The temps are expected to drop down into the teens Saturday and Sunday nights  :surrender:  :shocking:

Not a real busy day here today.  Dwayne and I made a run to the post office and then spent the morning driving over to Stillhouse Lake and Belton Lake.  I took some pictures of Stillhouse Lake which is still like 20ft below Summer Pool.

Lampasas River West end of Stillhouse Lake:  The tip of the blue arrow is where the water line in normally at.  The main River Channel is another 150meters out off the bank line here. The 2nd picture the tip of the arrow is where the water line is normally at.  All that ground you see prior to that arrow is normally under several feet of water.

Long Bridge over Lampasas River over by Cedar Gap Boat Launch Ramp  The tip of the blue arrow is where the water level is during normal Summer Pool. 

I stopped by Texas Boat World and picked up a replacement oil reservoir cap for my external oil tank.  I guess I over tighten the old one and it cracked. I went on-line to buy this cap but there several different ones and I decided not to purchase one on line.  I wasn't fore sure that it would fit.  Anyway $40.00 dollars later I have a new cap in hand which was the last one the parts department had in stock  ~shade

The rest of the day has been spent getting my son's health care insurance squared away.  He's got some medical issues now that we're going to have to deal with.  The wife has found a doctor here in town so we're waiting to see if she's taking new patients. 

Was looking out the window and there contractors digging a trench line installing fiber optic cable.  They're working across the street from our house now.  I guess next week they'll be digging in our front yard ::)

Bud; Tks for stopping in and sharing the day with us.  Glad to hear there wasn't any damage done to your property.  We were talking to Dwayne about his recovery plan etc. and as of right now it didn't sound like he was going to move back up to Alaska.  His recovery is going to take a while as we've discovered there's some other medical issue that have arose.  The goal here is to get him completely as well as we can.  Tks for asking about him.

To everyone hope your day has been a positive one.  Hopefully yawls evening will be a relaxing one.         

Donald Garner

Good morning  8)

It's another cold windy start here across Central Texas this morning  :surrender:   Our forecasted temps for today are 34-49dgrs with 39%humidity with a W wind @ 19mphs.  Temps are starting to be colder here this afternoon and into the weekend as this front moves across the area.  They're forecasting snow flurries for Sunday night into Monday now  >:(  :-\   Just what we don't need is that white stuff with ice.  People down here have no clue on how to drive in this weather.  They can't even drive right when the roads are dry and its 80(+) degrees outside  ~shade

There is nothing planned for today after I get back from filling the trucks up.  I'm staying inside out of the wind and relaxing  ;)

I hope everyone has a pleasant day today.  Be safe in your travels if you plan on being outside.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Partly sunny with falling temps across Central Texas this morning.  We have a Wintery Front moving across the area that will last for the next 2-3 days  :surrender:   Our forecasted temps for today are 23-63dgrs with 45% humidity with a SE wind @ 14mphs.

We're off to watch a Monster Truck show here at the Expo Center later on this afternoon.  There is nothing else planned for the rest of the evening. 

I hope everyone has a pleasant and enjoyable Saturday.  Y'all stay warm out there and be safe in your travels if you have to be outside.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all  8)

It's fricking cold here this morning across Central Texas  :shocking:   It was 18dgrs on my way to church this morning  :surrender:   Our forecasted temps for today are 18-26dgrs with 40% humidity with a N wind @ 11mphs.  Cloudy skies with the chance of snow flurries and possible light rain this afternoon into Monday.

Went to church this morning and had lunch at home.  The wife fixed some Mexican dish she found on line and fried up some chicken breast and some corn  :food  It was a quick and easy meal for lunch today  ~shade

There is nothing planned for the rest of the day except relaxation  ;)   I hope everyone is having a pleasant and enjoyable safe weekend.   Yawl be safe in your travels if you have to be out on the roadways.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

We have snow flurries blowing across Central Texas this morning  :surrender:   Our forecasted temps for today are 16-30dgrs with 44%humidity and a N wind @ 9mphs. We have a warming trend moving in starting tomorrow.  By Thursday we'll be having 60dgr weather here in Central Texas again  ~c~  ~shade

I had a couple errands to deal with this morning with a run to the post office and a stop in at Walmart.  There is nothing else planned for today except to stay warm  ;)

I hope everyone is doing well and the weather isn't too bad at your location.  Be safe in your travels if you have to get out and about here these next few days.

Bud Kennedy

Current Temp is 68 with bright sunny skies and a light west breeze.  Cold returns on Tuesday during the overnight hours into Wednesday with lows expected down to 27.  Will stick around for two days before returning to the 60s.  Possible to have a slight chance of a little bit of frozen something.  Don't know if it will be snow or rain but it will be on the edge of being cold enough.

Doing some yard stuff today while the weather is nice and then a quick trip to the recycle center.  Mrs. a bit under the weather so I am also involved with laundry and house cleaning.  Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all   8)

Beautiful, bright clear skies, a cold NE wind is moving across Central Texas this morning  ~sun  :surrender:    Our forecasted temps for today are 17-27dgrs with 34%humidiity with a NE wind @ 15mphs  :surrender:   We have a Warming Front moving into the area starting tomorrow.   We're looking at 34/45dgrs and on Thursday 31/61dgrs  ~shade  ~c~

Got some errands to tend to this morning.  I made breakfast for everyone here; fried eggs and sausage for the wife with some tater tots.  I had a ham, cheese, sausage omelet, tater tots with biscuits'& butter and jelly and a large glass of orange juice  :food  ;PEP)   I'm good to go till supper tonight  ~shade

Bud; Tks for stopping by and sharing the day.  Hope the wife gets to feeling better soon.  Any bowling in the near future?

To everyone hope y'all have a real pleasant day today.     

Bud Kennedy

The deep freeze begins tonight.  Temps dropping to 27 or so with highs after that to be in the 40s.  All will be better by the weekend when it will warm back up to near 70.  Rain today ahead of the cold front but nothing too significant.  Just some tender plants to cover up tonight and that is about it.

Donald, next bowling day is Friday. I have been struggling lately with the scores but I am still plugging away.  Besides it is a lot of fun anyway.  All the people in the league have been very nice and fun loving.  Makes it all worth while regardless of how good or bad we are bowling.