Heads Up! Scam Ads For St. Croix Rods.

Started by bigjim5589, January 12, 2024, 09:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjim5589

This is just a heads up, a friend of mine posted on another site, that there's a fake St Croix rods ad site.

There was a post here on UB about a sale by St Croix, that was real, but this one is not!

My friend posted about a spinning rod, the Avid Series Inshore rods, that is normally $260, and it was shown on sale for $78.

This was apparently an ad that popped up on social media, so just because it may be on a social media site, doesn't mean it's real.

The site URL and page looked like the real site, but there was a tiny dot character under part of the URL, under the r in rod, hardly noticeable, so that changed the whole URL.

So, be very careful as these scam ads can show up for any type of tackle, and many other products.

As has been said before, if it appears to be too good to be true, it probably is!
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Princeton_Man

Thanks for posting this Jim.

Deals that are too good to be true usually aren't. Phrases like "won't last long", "limited inventory", "selling fast", and "act quickly", can be good clues. Most of those scams are from overseas. I hate thieves, dishonest people in general.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

ike8120

Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Smallie_Stalker

Thanks for the warning Jim. No shortage of dirtbag scammers out there these days.

Subtle changes to the URL like that or shortened URLs are a definite clue to NOT click the link.

And as Jim (P_M) pointed out a sense of urgency to hurry up and do it are a staple tactic of these types of scams.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Bigbass201

There seems to be counterfeit almost everywhere now.  Amazon is horrible for that!  They have so many products using legit companies' names and they are fakes.  They arrive and it's clear it's junk. 
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035