Clearing Your Outboard's Pee Hole

Started by FlatsNBay, February 20, 2020, 03:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

I've been boating for a million years and by far the best thing that I've found for clearing out a plugged up pee hole for your outboard is a small piece of weed eater line. It is the perfect strength to clear out any blockage from trash getting sucked up in your outboard and will not damage the outboard or water line. Cut you a piece about 10 or 12 inches of line and store it in your boat or tackle box. Cheap and effective!!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on February 20, 2020, 03:54:55 PM
I've been boating for a million years and by far the best thing that I've found for clearing out a plugged up pee hole for your outboard is a small piece of weed eater line. It is the perfect strength to clear out any blockage from trash getting sucked up in your outboard and will not damage the outboard or water line. Cut you a piece about 10 or 12 inches of line and store it in your boat or tackle box. Cheap and effective!!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Yep!! Not that that has happened to me, but I have a long strand of weedeater line in the boat at all times!!

Donald Garner

FlatsNBay tks for sharing this tip with us.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Deadeye

My old Evinrude 40 the Mud Dobbers would go all the way up the line to the Elbow before the head.

No way to clear it but take the hose off, unscrew the Elbow and clean it out.

My Optimax I've never had an issue yet.  Knock on Wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captsteve

Good tip indeed. I need to add a piece to my tackle bag

Any day fishing, is a good day.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

zippyduck

Going to cut a piece now.
thanks for the tip.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Eric-Maine

Thanks, will give it a try

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thornback

I also use string trimmer plastic line to clear a pee hole. Works great. Maybe that's what the plastic line was made for -- LOL

TNDiver

Thanks, I just cut some myself and put it by the motor.  I also have to remember to check it to make sure it is working when I am out running the motor!
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus