Orange Lake

Started by Thornback, February 20, 2018, 06:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thornback

Anyone been to Orange Lake lately? I was wondering if the water has cleared up? How is the tussock situation? How is the water level? Any chance of going out in the lake and later having the boat ramp blocked by vegetation?

cport

Quote from: Thornback on February 20, 2018, 06:55:04 AM
Anyone been to Orange Lake lately? I was wondering if the water has cleared up? How is the tussock situation? How is the water level? Any chance of going out in the lake and later having the boat ramp blocked by vegetation?

Was at the Eagle's Nest restaurant last Thursday, everything is clear, water is up, ramp at the park is clear.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

cport

Quote from: Thornback on February 20, 2018, 06:55:04 AM
Pat, just went by tonight, it's all clear

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Thornback

Quote from: cport on February 20, 2018, 05:27:31 PM
Was at the Eagle's Nest restaurant last Thursday, everything is clear, water is up, ramp at the park is clear. Pat, just went by tonight, it's all clear
Thanks for the report Chris. I may go in from Marjorie Rawlins Park on Friday and I'll be fishing for specks.

cport

Quote from: Thornback on February 22, 2018, 08:24:51 AM
Thanks for the report Chris. I may go in from Marjorie Rawlins Park on Friday and I'll be fishing for specks.
I can only vouch for the Heagy-Burry ramp.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Thornback

Drove to Heagy-Burry this morning at first light and noticed there were no trailers in the parking area. Then a closer look at the ramp revealed it was covered in vegetation. I left and drove over the Marjorie Rawlings Park and launched there. We had a tough morning catching only 4 specks and 6 warmouths.

Lipripper

Quote from: Thornback on February 28, 2018, 03:55:58 PM
Drove to Heagy-Burry this morning at first light and noticed there were no trailers in the parking area. Then a closer look at the ramp revealed it was covered in vegetation. I left and drove over the Marjorie Rawlings Park and launched there. We had a tough morning catching only 4 specks and 6 warmouths.
That is a tough morning  ~sweat It's got to get better.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

cport

Quote from: Thornback on February 28, 2018, 03:55:58 PM
Sorry, I reckon the wind shifted since my last post. I just read in Gary's Tackle Box report that the specks are in the North end.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Thornback

And of course we fished the middle area around the islands -- LOL