Small Lake Fishing Club Poll.

Started by HogMaster, January 14, 2008, 09:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMaster

Hello everyone the season is coming quick and I had mentioned this during the summer.  I would like to see if we could get enough guys together for a fishing club for small water lakes.  Electric motor only , belly boat and shore fishing.  I havent been in a fishing club before so if someone who has knows more about it could help if could be fun!  We could hold meetings and come up with a list of lakes to hold our tournaments and shoot around ideas at a local watering hole.  ~beer~   I could take over the ordering or making of the shirts & coats and we could come up with a logo and vote on it.  Maybe we could shadow the Bassmasters rule or come up with our own.  I have 3-4 guys that would be in for sure.  So if anyone is intrested lets try to get a start on it.  I think it would be fun!!  No cash involved just the chest pounding or maybe come up with a champ     Coat or something for the end of the year.    Let me know!!  Tight Lines boys!! 
HOGS ARE MY BUSINESS!! AND BUINESS IS GOOD!

PaulRoberts

I like the idea of a club, at the outset -sounds fun. But I'm not sure I'd really have the time to do it justice. My fishing time is so limited as it is. I end up just throwing a pack on my back, or dropping a float tube into nearby small waters.

But, sorry, I'm not very interested in tournaments. Maybe once for the novelty and to meet people. And I'm not sure I'd be willing to spend too much of my precious fishing time in the car driving to locations.

Not sure how to mix boats and boots either, especially come summer.

But, if you get something going, keep me posted, I might make the run sometime. Who knows maybe Quincy is worth the run?

left_turn56

I would be interested in hearing more about it. Like Paul said above, I am not sure if I could dedicate the time necessary...at least not right now. Keep me posted...it could be fun!

Where are we going...and why are we in this hand basket???

HogMaster

Quote from: left_turn56 on January 17, 2008, 06:07:35 PM
I would be interested in hearing more about it. Like Paul said above, I am not sure if I could dedicate the time necessary...at least not right now. Keep me posted...it could be fun!

I understand, but I think we could make it just for the fun of it. No pressure just a fun time to get together and have a blast.
HOGS ARE MY BUSINESS!! AND BUINESS IS GOOD!

left_turn56

That sounds like a good time to me!

Where are we going...and why are we in this hand basket???

franknbass

The idea of a small lake club sounds good. Although I fish bass tournaments out of a bass boat my favorite way to fish is out of my kayak. Down here in the Springs their is no place to fish so I normally go south to fish but I understand up north their are lots of small lakes. I know that their are BASS clubs that are float tube only I think in CA. you could check with them. Also the logistic's of a club like this could pose some problems at tournaments such as weigh ins, amount of participants on a small lake, etc.   
Frank Bianchi, Secretary Pikes Peak BassMasters

Basso Profundo

I know I would be all for that. Joe4theavs and I have considered setting up float tube turnies in the past.
call me Erik