Nov Bassing / Thanksgiving Holiday / Prayer Requests

Started by Donald Garner, October 31, 2019, 06:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone

It was mostly cloudy today across Central Texas.  Our forecasted temps were 34-73dgrs with 84% humidity.  It did sprinkle on and off most of the day.

It a slow day for me but the knot heads and lil darling were showing out.  Tomorrow is the last day of school prior to their Thanksgiving Break.   They'll be off for 10days till around the 2nd of Dec.  We had (2) 8th graders get into a fight during lunch today.  I don't know whets going to happen with them.  Both were in the principals office for a while and both had their parents show up.  Can't be good for them.

Lip hope you're having  a pleasant trip down and back from John's with your wife's new car.  Rodney hope the aches and pains are held in check.  You and your wife enjoy your anniversary outing.  Bud you launch the Ranger today to try out that new trolling motor?

To everyone have a great day tomorrow.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Donald, not much was done on the troller today.  The circuit breaker was not delivered even though tracking said is was out for delivery.  Did not happen.  Decided to put on the transducer and found out the hose clamp that was on my motorguide was too small for the minn kota so i had to run over to home depot and pick up another clamp.  The transducer is now in place and tomorrow I will run the transducer cable and secure it to the motor and then button up the bow panel.  If the circuit breaker comes in I will install it.

Temp today was near 70 with the same expected for tomorrow.  Rain coming in late Saturday night and temps will once again drop to below normal for next week.  I would like to finish up on the boat but it is not a disaster if I don't get finished. If the breaker does not arrive I am still gonna run the motor just to be sure it is working.

Have a bunch of house cleaning to do before thanksgiving so that has to be my top priority to keep peace in the house with She who shall be obeyed.  She still isn't sleeping much and that makes her a tad grouchy so I am trying to be extra good.  ;D

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

We had a beautiful but chilly day across Central Texas today  ~sun   Our forecasted temps were 38 -  56dgrs with 64% humidity.  We had lots of sun shining over us today.

It was another quiet day at work.  Everyone is gone now for the next 10 days.  We have to work Mon > Wed next week.  My team will be working in their individual areas getting things done they normally don't have time to get done. 

We're off here in a little while to take in a Jazz concert event over at Mary Hardin Baylor's campus.  They have a great Performing Arts Center there and have shown some great venues since it's opening.  Tomorrow we'll be attending Round 1 of the Div III Football Playoffs at Crusader Stadium.    The Crusader's finished the season undefeated once again.  Their opponent in this round of playoffs is the University Redlands Bulldogs from Redland, California. 

I hope everyone had a blessed day today and a relaxing evening tonight.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Bud Kennedy

A nice weather day here at the beach.  Temps in the low 70s with a very slight breeze.  Finished up the trolling motor install this afternoon after usps delivered the new circuit breaker.  Was a bit of a pain due to the location of the existing circuit breaker but we got it done.  Have not dressed the battery compartment wires yet but will do so in the morning.  Want to test the motor first before I tie the final wires down.  Everything else is done and buttoned up at the bow panel and the wire runs in place and secured for the electronics.  Even though I had run the motor with the old breaker I want to run it again with the new breaker just to be sure all is well.

It was a fun job and not too much trouble just a few things were more stubborn than I wanted but all in all this old one eyed person was able to get it done even though it was a bit more time consuming than expected.  If everything test good then I will fire up the battery charger and get ready for some fishing on Monday.  Then I have to put the boat in storage for a few days to make room for the guests to park on Thanksgiving day.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

We're starting the day off with blue bird skies and forecasted temps of 36 - 65dgrs with 92% humidity  ~sun

We're off to watch our Div III Crusaders Football team here later on this morning.  They have a Noon time kickoff today.  Nothing else is planned for today except some relaxation.

Bud; Tks for the update on the trolling motor installation.  I know your a happy man now. 

Rodney hope you and the wife are enjoying your anniversary trip; Lip have you made it back home yet with the wife's new car?

To everyone have a relaxing and safe weekend. Enjoy the family time together.

Bud Kennedy

The trolling motor installation is complete and the new circuit breaker is in place.  Wires have been dressed and zip tied where needed and the boat is now on the charger getting ready for a trip to the river most likely on Monday.  All systems have been tested and all appears well pending the on water test.

Current temp this morning is 70 skies are overcast with rain expected this afternoon and evening.  No heavy stuff predicted just light showers.  Overnight temps last night was 55 so not cold at all.  Front coming through for Thanksgiving day bringing cooler temps for a day and then temps returning to the mid 60s on Monday and Tuesday.

It is Saturday and I remember the days when that was significant now I live in a world where everyday is Saturday.  Retirement is a good thing except the pay is not all that great.

Donald Garner

Good morning from Belton, Texas  ~shade

We're starting the day off with Clear Sunny Skies with the forecasted temps of 40-73dgrs with 96% humidity  ~sun

There's nothing planned for the day other than going to church and relaxing  ;)

To everyone have a pleasant and relaxing day today.  Be safe in your travels if your out on the roadways.

Bud Kennedy

A busy week ahead.  Going to the river to check out the new troller and fish for a little bit.  Have to clean up the boat and take it back to storage until after Thanksgiving.  Of course a major house cleaning this week in readiness for our guests on Thanksgiving.  I guess this is all the usual stuff you have to do when you have guests in the house.  No family will be here and our guests are people we know are alone during the holidays and we sincerely hope they enjoy their meal.  We are not cooking but ordering food from our traditional source of K&W Cafeteria.  We have been buying there Family Feast meal packages for many years and it has always been good.  No turkey just ham for the main dish.

The Mrs. won a complete turkey with all the fixings on a local radio station contest.  It will feed 10-12 people and we have identified a family that will receive the meal.  I have to pick up both the K&W meal feast and the Sticky Fingers thanksgiving meal on Wednesday.  I am just glad we had someone who wanted the full turkey dinner.

So the biggest deal this week is trying to make the house look like no one lives here.  Everyone have a nice day today and hope your plans for the Holidays go well.

Oldfart9999

Good morning all!!! 43 headed to near 50, possible showers, 50 tomorrow, partly cloudy, Wednesday low 40s, rain. I put the boat into hibernation last Wednesday, did a job on my back and knee, we decided to do a day trip Saturday, nice ride to BPS, then off to Sauders in Waterloo, lunch. Sauders is where I bought the man cave, it's always a nice trip by itself. They have a country store with all kinds of country products, pickles of all descriptions, meats including real smoke cured bacon, dutch baked goods, flours that would make any baker happy, canned products, stuff you don't find normally. They have a cafe both hot and cold sandwiches, subs, soup the usual condiments and sides but done country style. We ordered grilled meatloaf sandwiches with their sauce, lettuce, onion, cheese and mayo, delicious!!! :) My wife took a nap on the way home. lo We got home in time for some rest, I did it with a heating pad, then we out for an early dinner. It was a nice day. The only thing I bought at BPS was a camp mirror for the shower for shaving, I did spend some time in the fishing dept drooling all over the items on display, checked out a couple of rods I'm thinking about for dedicated ned rig rods, 7'2" medlite CARBONLITE rods and a couple of 7 and 8 foot MICROLITE rods for panfish.
I see the pain mangement Doc in 4 months for a followup, while my back bad after working on the boat it only took a couple of days for it to bounce back, gotta love the injections.
Lip, are you home now? How's that new to you car?
Bud good to hear you have the TM in and ready and that didn't have any major problems, hope your trip today is a good one and everything works as it should.
Donald, a couple of weeks with no little darlings will be boring, hope you can manage. lo ;) Goofy hours for my wife this week, work today, off tomorrow, work Wednesday, off for Thanksgiving, work Friday and Saturday, remember when I used to have to work Fridays after a holiday, could be a pain but the deliveries needed to be done for the hospital and a couple of other customers, normally out by noon but the last several years he kept the store open all day until he found out more customers weren't coming in, since I had the key I could close the place up. ^-^ ~xyz It became just a paycheck.
Have a great day, stay warm!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Beautiful day across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 61-81dgrs with 33% humidity.  We had lots of sun shining today  ~sun ~c~

It was a quiet day at work.  I spent most of my day attending a meeting with my supervisor and (2) vendors.  They were demonstrating their waxing and stripping products.  My team spent their day working in their individual areas.  Tomorrow will be more of the same (-) me attending a meeting.

Rodney;  Sounds like an enjoyable trip there with the wife.  I like visiting those old country stores.  We have a few of them left here in Texas.  My last trip to the BPS shop I checked out those Carbonilite Rods also.   They seem to be a pretty descent rod for the price.   Yes sir peace and quiet for a while but I'll manage  ;)

Alrighty to everyone in the UB family have a pleasant day tomorrow.  Tight lines if you heading out on the water.  Be safe in your travels if out on the road ways.

Bud Kennedy

Got to the ramp this morning only to find it closed and construction work happening.  I knew they were going to re pave the parking lot on this coming Monday but I was surprised they were doing the prep work today.  Oh well.  Went back home and unloaded the boat and put on the travel cover and took the boat back to storage after a brief stop to fill the boat gas tanks.  Wanted to give the troller another run just to make sure I have everything fixed after discovering an incorrect battery wiring.  I am sure it is ok and I have run the motor on the mount and it appears to be running strong.  I have tested the circuit with a meter and I have a good power source at just over 25 VDC.  So I am sure all is well.  The boat will return home on Sunday or Monday for some more time on the water depending on the weather.  Expecting more 70 degree weather next week.  I was time constrained this morning and did not have time to go to another ramp. 

Lots to do today anyway.  Already been to the grocery store and on the way there the wife and I had lunch at Greg's in Garden city.  Always a great place to eat even though it is just a local bar/restaurant deal.  Still some odds and ends to wrap up and then tomorrow we have to pick up our Thanksgiving meals from K&W (a Kennedy tradition) and then over to Sticky Fingers to pick up a full turkey dinner that the Mrs won on a local radio station.  We are giving that full meal (serves 8-10) to a local family in need this Holiday.

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

We had mostly cloudy skies today across Central Texas.  Our forecasted temps were 47-70dgrs with 87% humidity.  We did have some rain showers that didn't amount to anything around mid morning that lasted into the late afternoon.  All the rain activity we had is now heading towards NW Louisiana.

Not a real busy day for me anyways at work.  I had to go to one of the local parts store and get a 25amp fuse.  One of our floor polishers decided to quit working.  After going through a series of checks it was determined the fuse blew.  I reattached a leg to a student desk and that was it for me.  I spent the rest of the day in my office on my computer.

Bud; To bad about the ramp being closed.  You'll be out there soon I'm sure.  You and wife have a pleasant gather during this upcoming Thanksgiving Day.  My wife and I will enjoy a peaceful quiet dinner here at home.  She's baking a ham and some other dishes just for the two of us. 

Lip; You made it home yet? 

Rodney; Hope all's well with you my good man.

To everyone in the UB family have a pleasant and relaxing evening.  I hope tomorrow is a better day for you all.

Oldfart9999

HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY from the heating pad!!! 43 headed to near 50, rain. Blah!!! Took the truck in to have the parking brake taken care of, wound up getting the front brakes done instead, parking brake will be next month, wish I could afford a new truck or SUV. :( My better half has started her baking marathon, she loves the new stove. :) :) We have everything we need for tomorrows meal, turkey; check, stuffing ingredients; check, three bean casserole; check, candied yams; if I can talk her into them, various sides; check, mashed tater and gravy ingredients; check, pies; check, yep, I think it's covered. Brine the turkey then go to Mass, set up stuffing and turkey for roasting, doing the other dishes then sit down to dirty a bunch of dishes then napping; check. lo lo
Y'all have a great Thanksgiving!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Good morning everyone and it's over cast and 40* with wind gust of 50 MPH . Hope everyone has been behaving themselves. Donald yelp I'm home. Rodney sounds like the Mrs is going to be busy with all that baking all that yummy stuff. Bud sorry y'all couldn't get out fishing. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Good late afternoon to everyone  ~shade

We've got overcast skies across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 47 - 56dgrs with 32% humidity.  We got a front moving in from the West and its bringing rain with it ~rain  Looking at the extended forecast its showing rain for the next 5 days.  Go figure I'm off work till Monday and it's going to be raining everyday  ::)

We got everything cleaned and all the hallways have been buffed and looking nice and shiny once again.  By lunch time on Monday it will looked like we haven't done anything  :( 

There is nothing planned for tomorrow except to enjoy the delicious meal my wife is fixing.  Later on I'm going to watch some football and eat some more :)

Lip; Glad to see that you made it home safely. 

Rodney; Good luck getting your truck back up 100%  Have you went to see what new trucks are costing?  I have and it's not cheap.      Your Thanksgiving meal sounds delicious.  We're not having a turkey this year.  My wife has gotten a ham and she's fixing an assortment of grilled vegetables to go with it.  She is going to fix me a pan of dressing though ;)

Bud; You gotten everything together for your guest arrival tomorrow? 

To everyone have a Blessed Day tomorrow and enjoy the family time together.  Happy Thanksgiving

Donald Garner

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone  ~shade

We've got cloudy skies with light rain moving through the area.  Our forecasted temps are 43-52dgrs with 86% humidity.

The wife is in the kitchen finalizing our Thanksgiving meal   ;)  I'm on the computer checking things out ~read 

To everyone enjoy the day with the family. ~shade

Lipripper

Bud Kennedy

Beautiful bright sunny day here at the beach.  Temps just now reached 70 but will be dropping tonight but still seasonal temps.  Guests have just left and now I get to begin the clean up of our Thanksgiving meal.  Everyone seems to have enjoyed the meal and not many leftovers to deal with and that is a good thing.  After the cleaning I plan on taking the rest of the day off and do nothing. 

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

We got cloudy skies and rain across Central Texas this morning  ~rain  Our forecasted temps for today are 48-65dgrs with 100%humidity. 

It felt good to sleep in this morning > 7:15am  ~shade  The wife got up and fixed breakfast; scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage with some orange juice  :food   While she was doing her thing I got the dishes washed and put away. 

We're heading over to the theater here later on.  We're checking out the movie Knives Out.  Afterwards the rest of the day will be spent relaxing.

I hope everyone had a pleasant Thanksgiving Day with friends and relatives.  Ya'll enjoy the rest of the Holiday weekend. 

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

Cloudy skies with the forecasted temps of 42-74dgrs with 92% humidity across Central Texas today.  We have scattered rain across some parts of Central Texas also.  As of yet these rain showers haven't moved in to the Belton area.

We're heading over to watch the Crusader's 2nd round playoff football game here at noon.  There is nothing planned afterwards except relaxing at home. 

I hope everyone has enjoyed the family time together during this Thanksgiving Holiday.  Be safe in your travels back home if you're out. 

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it's 36* but feels like 27* with the 20 MPH wind out of the E and over cast with a few passing sprinkles and 90% humidity. Might get some flurries later on. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and didn't over eat.  lo Hope everyone has a nice weekend and be safe out there.

Bud Kennedy

Current temp is 65 and that is about it for today.  Rain coming in tomorrow with warm temps in the 70s but then dropping to below normal on Monday.   Just a couple errands to run today but no big deal.  Tomorrow I have to unpack the Christmas decorations for the inside of the house and most likly have to get the stuff packed away in the garage as well.  If it was up to me the outside of the house would not be decorated but it is not up to me this is something the Mrs. wants so it shall be done.

Lipripper

Morning Bud and sounds like your going to be busy.  ~sweat Be careful when your putting up them decerations and don't fall off a ladder.

bassmedic46

Good Afternoon Everyone, Starting to snow here. Supposed to get over 12". Bud do you do your house like the Griswalds in Christmas Vacation? I hope everyone has a good rest of the day and a good night.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing