Henderson lake Louisiana

Started by dylan7mm, April 05, 2017, 10:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dylan7mm

Hello all I am new here to the forum. I live within an hour of Henderson lake and just recently got my own boat I have fished all my life and normally fish from small two man boats in bar pits for bass but I am wanting to fish other areas. I have a stratos now and want to learn Henderson area. I went this pass weekend and caught three bass. I like to catch and release so all of the bass were released but only one was of legal size to keep. It came of a hollow body popping Kermy frog from bps. Anyways I am wondering what areas I should be fishing what water levels are better and what baits I should be throwing. Not looking for anybody to tell me the exact spot just give a little insight to this area! Thanks in advance! Also if there are any bass fishing clubs around that region of Louisiana I would love to join one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Cork

I have never personally fished it, but I've had a couple fishing buddies that have. Both of them talk about the great topwater fishing. So you're on the right track with the frog. One of the great things about top water fishing is you can cover a lot of water quickly and this time of year, bass will hit topwater all day long.

Use this to your advantage and cover as much of the lake as you can in each trip. Soon you'll see certain areas produce more or bigger bites :-*

Wish I could be more help :help:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

and to Ultimate Bass. I hope you can find a club in your area to join. I only know of the two on here Lock Jaw Bass Club and Twin Cities Team Club not sure if they cover your area or not.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Jared LeBlue

We have a tournament there next Saturday. I haven't been since our last tournament last year. Its just one of those places where everything looks like it should hold fish. My suggestion is just go fish it and fish it often. You will learn what areas hold fish and what to throw. I wish I could be more help but I really don't know the place that well.
Ardent Prostaff