Ranger RT 188

Started by Bud Kennedy, March 26, 2015, 01:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassCatBates

as my name implies, I'm a Bass Cat purist, but there is an Rt188 for sale near me right now and I'm really considering making an offer... I'm used to my big, fast fiberglass rigs but for money and storage reasons I really need to consider downsizing....

.... how will this rig fish for a guy used to a 19 ft fiberglass?
2009 MediaBass South Arkansas Division Angler of the Year.

Union County Bass Club.

Bud Kennedy

I don't own one but have been in a couple.  They fish very nicely.  The storage is adequate but nothing like your Bass Cat.  The thing you would miss most would be the power of a big motor and the ability to run big water especially in the wind.

It is what it is but a very well designed boat that feels good under your feet.  Smaller impoundments or rivers it shines.  Economical to run and a light deal to tow.  You just gotta accept it is not a big heavy boat and has it limitations.  It does buck a bit when encountering a wake

BassCatBates

Union County Bass Club.

BassCatBates

went and looked at this boat yesterday.... REALLY liked it.... very impressed with the quality for an aluminum rig.  I fish small to medium sized lakes and river bottoms mostly.... this boat would be perfect...... Talking to the bank this week and hoping to make an offer.

Union County Bass Club.

Snarf

Does it have Jet Drive for the river?