Coldest Tournament This Season

Started by apenland01, February 19, 2024, 12:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apenland01

We had our coldest tournament of the year on 2/10.  Launched at 29 degrees and the high was 45.  Rainy/sleet most all day.  Had a short break of no rain right around weigh-in, then another storm passed through, so we got wet right before weighing in our fish.

We thought we escaped and could put our rainsuits away dry, but not happening.  This was the first fish, probably about 32 degrees and caught in 35 feet of water using a drop shot.

Smallie_Stalker

Nice catch!

Living in New England I never used to have a problem fishing in weather like that but I'm old and broke down now.

I always forget that you get that kind of weather out there till someone posts a picture like this.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

Didn't know it got that cold over that way LOL

We just fished one Saturday that was probably part of the same front. 37 to start the day and warmed to 45 but the wind was 20 plus out of the north from the get go and never let up. Thankfully we didn't get any moisture with it. My finger tips are just now not tingling.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catching and tks for sharing the picture with us also  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

apenland01

Quote from: Mike Cork on February 20, 2024, 09:17:58 AMDidn't know it got that cold over that way LOL

We just fished one Saturday that was probably part of the same front. 37 to start the day and warmed to 45 but the wind was 20 plus out of the north from the get go and never let up. Thankfully we didn't get any moisture with it. My finger tips are just now not tingling.

Yeah, we all wear our insulated rain suits December-February.  Usually in the 30's at launch.  If we get lucky, we can ditch the suit by lunch....

coldfront

just one of the reasons why I decided that guiding was not in my future.  i kinda like the ability to say 'nope, just not goin' today...'

same for TXTs

I'll go out if the high will hit 50° and it's not raining.

but cold and wet?  soup's on!