Safety Tip

Started by Msn26753, May 21, 2021, 09:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Msn26753

Safety Tip: if you have a fire on the boat ,you use a Fire Extinguisher.. Guess what you use if you hit that wasp nest in that tree? Fire Extinguisher... Yep, you got it.. there's more reasons to keep the fire extinguisher handy, if you get attacked on the boat while back in the stumps and no where to go, grab the fire extinguisher and spray them. I had a close call once and I decided to Google up different theorys on what to do, and this one was the best. Just thought I would share..

Smallie_Stalker

Wow, awesome tips. Thank you!

Sent from my One Plus 9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

BassmanRudy

Can def beat some a$$ with a good fire extinguisher!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

geneinnc

Great tip! I'm allergic and can't afford $600 for an adrenaline pen. Such a good tip I just bought a 2nd extinguisher, one bow and one stern. I bought the 3 way extinguisher, a bit pricey but a bargain at any price. Maybe I need to check my crappie (pun intended) insurance and see if the price has dropped.

Mike Cork

Very good idea :-* I live in waspville. We have giant red wasp nest hanging from every third tree in the heat of the summer on one of our more popular lakes... We carry spray but it's pretty direct and when a swarm is after you it's just not effective. A Fire Extinguisher explosion will definitely slow them down in a hurry, Great Tip.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Captsteve

New knowledge, Thanks

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: geneinnc on May 21, 2021, 11:54:09 PM
Great tip! I'm allergic and can't afford $600 for an adrenaline pen. Such a good tip I just bought a 2nd extinguisher, one bow and one stern. I bought the 3 way extinguisher, a bit pricey but a bargain at any price. Maybe I need to check my crappie (pun intended) insurance and see if the price has dropped.

Same situation for me Gene. In all the years I owned a boat I never thought of using an extinguisher for this. 

I wonder if anyone makes a portable version that a bank angler could carry easily?  :-*

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

BassmanRudy

Smallest extinguisher that "propels" is still like 5lbs from what I can find. They make smaller ones that "dump" powder but that sure won't help ya!

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

big g

(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.