Favorite Ned Baits

Started by FlatsNBay, February 09, 2024, 09:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

When it comes to pond fishing, I love using a Ned rig. If there's a clean bottom a Ned rig is my go to.

What's your favorite Ned bait?

I've been really liking the Savage Gear Dragon Tail Ned. They are kind of expensive though. They are made with Dura Tech plastic which makes rigging difficult at times but they do last a long time.

My next favorite Ned bait is the tail portion of a 4" Yum Dinger. It's got the perfect thickness.

I've done well on a 3" Yum Dinger but feel that they are a little too thin.

I also have caught a bunch on a Yum Ned Dinger. It's got an air pocket in the tail that makes it stand up straight.

Let's hear it. What's your favorite?

loomisguy

I've tried a lot of different baits but I always come back to the ol' TRD or the Strike King zero and cut them in half, the dirt color in the zero has been good to me over the years.
I have noticed over the last couple years that they don't seem to bite it like they did say 6 or 7 years ago. I personally have gone back to the shaky head more and more.

bigjim5589

No single favorite, but I've bought 6" or 7" senko type baits & cut them in half. A laminated color like baby bass, or greenpumpkin with blue glitter does well here. I've picked up various colors to try however.

I also like the small Z-Man craw baits, but have not as yet done much with them. I'm sure they'll be productive, but so far have not been.

These are the two jigs I use, which I pour myself. VMC or Victory hook in the wide gap offset, and Gamakatsu or Owner in the other jig. These are powder coated in a watermelon color, but I'll use various colors even something like red or chartreuse. I primarily try to match the plastic color, but not always.
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Smallie_Stalker

I mostly have the TRD and the X Zone ned baits.

As you pointed out a lot of baits can be converted for use on a ned head. A few of my favorites are the old reaper style baits, spade-tail grubs and the old Reaction Innovations leeches and hellgrammite style baits.

If there is any water movement from current or whatever the tails/appendages will move with it and create a subtle vibration. Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't but it doesn't ever seem to hurt

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire