TRAILER AXLE AND BRAKE HELP....MY NEW PHONE AS OF 3/23/2010

Started by Lyn O. Dyer, January 26, 2006, 10:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T1A

OK  Thanks Lyn...no offense but I hope I never need ya ;) :roll2: :roll2: ~beer~

WES

I need some directions on changing the brake fluid in my trailer it is a gross brown color and for peace of mind i would like to get all that out and put new clean brake fluid in it. is there a way to flush it out and how do you bleed it? IT is a 97 skeeter trailer that goes with a ZX202

Lyn O. Dyer

Sounds like you may have contaminated fluid in your system....Do you see any rust in the mastercylinder?...you can flush the system by just opening up the bleed screws at the cylinder/caliper, i would put clear hoses on the bleeder screws and put the other ends in some container to catch the bad fluid when it comes out as you stroke the pushrod assy at the actuator, until all the fluid is gone from the master cylinder, fill the master up with fluid again and repeat this process....then re-bleed the system with all new fluid.....If you see rust, you may want to install a new master cylinder...take a look here for more info....ufpnet.com....
Lyn O. Dyer
www.ufpnet.com

Lyn O. Dyer

if your still confused...call me Monday at 800-854-1905 ext..107, Lyn..
Lyn O. Dyer
www.ufpnet.com

Swede

Changing out the oil in my oil bath hubs for the first time tomorrow - any pointers?
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Swede

Changed the oil out in my hubs yesterday.  A friend of mine has a transmission shop so we used his lift - made things a lot easier.  Loosened lugs for each tire. Used lift to raise trailer and boat 4-5 feet up, took tires off.  Used hex wrench to remove nut on hub - rotated hole down so oil would drain out.  When oil done draining replaced with 50 weight oil.  Hex nuts replaced and tightened down.  Tires put back on and lugs tightened down.  Lowered trailer to floor.  Finished tightening lugs to 80 ft-lbs torque.  Tire pressures checked to 50 psi.  Job complete in 30-40 minutes.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Joeybassboy

Mr. Dyer,
Whats the best 50 weight oil to use. What brand I should say for my trailer bearings.
Thanks, Joey
" Joey "

BassBUFF

Lyn hasn't been around in quite some time.

As for your question, there are several options. Any good name brand 50# oil will suffice if that is what the manufacturer calls for. A lot of folks are switching to synthetic too.

Joeybassboy

" Joey "

Lyn O. Dyer

Sorry guys, I don't get on this site much, your best bet is to just call me   619-922-7260..
Lyn O. Dyer
www.ufpnet.com

CA ML

:help:

I have a Shoreland'r with an A 60 hitch.  The brakes are locked when I move forward, but not in reverse.
I believe the safety cable has been pulled out and I can't get it back in.  Used WD 40, wiggled the cable, pushed the release lever, etc.

Got it free a couple days ago, but it is back stuck again today.  How do I get the mechanism to release?