The UBCS beat down

Started by Jared LeBlue, June 04, 2012, 08:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Shawn-

Quote from: Mike Cork on June 06, 2012, 01:24:45 PM
I can assure you we'd be on Caddo if we could find the lodging for everyone. TCTC would love to introduce Lock Jaw to such a fantastic fishery and if we did it in the spring, every cast, pitch or flip has the potential of a double digit fish....

Texas State park on Caddo has 8 large cabins and Camping spaces.  Rates are very close to what we were paying at North toledo bend.

-Shawn-

BigDBasser

Quote from: Mike Cork on June 06, 2012, 08:12:26 AM
Cow pies against the Swamp Rats..... I like it  :-* :-*

Vote it in and let's get it on. 

Don't know about the "Cow pies"  May have to work on the name. 

Nutt

Man, I would love to have it on Caddo.  Like Mike said, every cast has potential in the spring. 
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Donald Garner

Shady Glade Resort looks like a really nice place.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Nutt

Mike Cork

I have spoke with Shady Glade and they "appear" bigger than they are :'(

Don't know about the others as I didn't know they were available, Last time I checked into the state park they only had 4 cabins and only allowed 4 people per. That was a couple years ago.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Nutt

I havent looked through all of these, but here are some more:

http://www.caddolake.info/lodging.htm

Mike Cork

I did a TV show with Bass Edge on Caddo Lake. They stayed in a cabin in uncertain that was pretty nice. It was right on the water and a full sized house.. Could sleep several. It was a privately owned cabin, but there were several in a row there all owned by different folks. If we could time it correctly and reserve cabins next to each other it could work out well. Looks like were going to Toledo this time though.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Jared LeBlue

A few things to remember about lodging: before you decide on a lake make sure lodging is available at the time of year you want to fish that lake. Louisiana State Parks no longer allows you to book cabins a year in advance (I think the earliest you can book is three months in advance) so all La state parks are pretty much avaiable for next year. If you do decide on a lake with a La State Park you may want to figure the date that the cabin rentals will come available and post it so everyone know to jump on a cabin the second that date opens.

Another thing we need to look at is what lake will bring the most from both clubs. Last year we brought TCTC all the way down to Southwest La. and I believe it hurt their attendance. We fully expected yall to drag us up there this year and I'm not trying to change yall minds on that for this year but in the future we really need to look at a location that both teams will have a good turn out. While I know that going out of state and fishing some new water would be very exciting I think it will hurt the numbers from both clubs. As Shawn has stated above it is very costly to do that. I know for our orphan members it is very expensive to come fish with us and we will always welcome them to do so but I would really love to see some of our members in other states take the bull by the horns and start one in their area. I think it would be awesome to have 4 or 5 UBCS tournaments all in different regions. With that more people from UB could enjoy what we have been enjoying for 9 years now. Again we will always enjoy having a UB member not affailiated with one of our clubs or not from this region to come and fish with us but if we expanded this out then the cost for an orphan would go way down because they would have one closer to home.
Ardent Prostaff

Ron Fogelson

bassadict69

Quote from: Jared LeBlue on June 07, 2012, 11:16:08 AM

Another thing we need to look at is what lake will bring the most from both clubs. Last year we brought TCTC all the way down to Southwest La. and I believe it hurt their attendance. We fully expected yall to drag us up there this year and I'm not trying to change yall minds on that for this year but in the future we really need to look at a location that both teams will have a good turn out. While I know that going out of state and fishing some new water would be very exciting I think it will hurt the numbers from both clubs.

For some reason, I thought everyone had decided on alternating North and South TB each year...

-Shawn-

Quote from: bassadict69 on June 07, 2012, 12:26:33 PM
For some reason, I thought everyone had decided on alternating North and South TB each year...

That ended when it went to Grand Bayou.

Donald Garner

Jared,

That's a great idea about starting Regional UBCS Tournament. 

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

BigDBasser

I'm a member in two clubs.  I will pose the question to both clubs about this and see what kind of response I get.  I'd love to see this expanded to other area's also.

We need to get this posted in other area's of the forum so that more people would see it.  Right now it's on the UBCS board and not seen by everyone.  If it was in a more general area, we might get a better response. 

Jared LeBlue

BigD, I agree with you. I'm head ot for the day but I'll get something together tomorrow and post it on dock talk.
Ardent Prostaff

FishinSteelersFan

Where's the thread to vote on a lake, we may have some of our guys interested in fishing next year???
Legend boats, Mercury ProXS, Kistler rods
www.LouisianaPoormans.com  Check us out, 100% payout EVERY TIME!

Ron Fogelson

The host club picks the lake and date.

Quote from: FishinSteelersFan on June 13, 2012, 01:56:19 PM
Where's the thread to vote on a lake, we may have some of our guys interested in fishing next year???

FishinSteelersFan

Let us know when/where, I'm sure we'll have some folks that will want to fish it this year!
Legend boats, Mercury ProXS, Kistler rods
www.LouisianaPoormans.com  Check us out, 100% payout EVERY TIME!

Ron Fogelson

You bet Todd,,,,, it will be placed here in the board.  Shouldn't be to long now.

Russ199A

It will be at North Toledo Bend State park in March. I've got to nail down exact dates yet.
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!

unchained186

I just saw all the Lake Fork talk I know its kinda late but I have fished Fork way more than the Calcasieu so that more actually home water to me I fished it 3 days a week for years it would have been nice for this Swamp Boy to have it there
21XD Bullet 250 opti
1648 Grizzly 40 Merc
Wellcraft Eclipse I/O (fun)  Fisher 1536 25 Johnson Tiller

-Shawn-

Quote from: Russ199A on June 15, 2012, 04:59:54 PM
It will be at North Toledo Bend State park in March. I've got to nail down exact dates yet.

I-class can get tou the Oilmens dates.  that is the only thing we need to try to avoid.

Jared LeBlue

They already set the dates for the UBCS. It will bethe first weekend in March. We always try to avoid the Oilmans but no matter what we do we hit one of them every time. Heck the last time we put it in February and still fell on the same weekend as them. They switch it around every year I guess to hit different hitches each year.
Ardent Prostaff

-Shawn-

We will have to see. That may be too early for us.   :(