Berkley Finisher

Started by FlatsNBay, January 13, 2024, 08:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

Back from my Berkley media event where they released The Finisher. I'm most excited about this one. The Finisher is a forward facing sonar inspired very slow sinking jerkbait. What is unique about this one is it does not have a lip but has an amazing amount of action. It's almost an under water walk the dog on steroids. In the testing tank, a jerk of the rod caused the lure to go completely to the left side and bang against the glass of the tank. The next jerk caused the bait to dart completely to the right and bang against the other side of the tank. The action was amazing.

As much as the bait is so erratic, it can also be fished in an extremely subtle way. A slow retrieve with a light shake of the rod causes the Finisher to have a nice faint wobble similar to a spy bait.

Since it is forward facing sonar inspired the Finisher has a very slow sink and can be hovered over fish or structure with a light shake of the rod.

I'm not a forward facing sonar guy but I'm excited to use this lure in 3 different ways. The first is for schooling bass. It casts like a bullet and has such a great erratic action that it should drive bass crazy. The next is to fish it as a spy bait because the lure almost floats and hovers. The third is for peacock bass in south Florida. I'm confident that the crazy action will be deadly on peacocks.

Comes in 3 sizes.

https://youtu.be/fkzCYJZoAj8?si=Q5Ak4r9B_O5uyiY2

FlatsNBay

A couple of pics. This one in the pic is the mid size 7 cm (2.75") and weighs 1/2 oz. Color is gold chrome.

Capt. BassinLou

Another interesting lure Steve! Thank you for sharing!