Owner Jungle Flipping Hook

Started by FlatsNBay, March 01, 2023, 04:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

After everyone's feedback on here, I tried the Owner Jungle Flipping hook. I had high expectations but was unfortunately disappointed. I've only fished with 2 hooks and they both flexed and opened up after only a couple of fish. I was also disappointed about the keeper which moved and eventually broke after only a couple fish. Dang it, I so wanted to like that hook.

Back to Mustad Grip Pin Flipping Hooks for me. The best keeper by far out of any flipping hook.

BassmanRudy

I'd always heard good things about that one too. Was it the older one or the newer one?

Haven't tried the Mustad one yet but I use a lot of their other hooks and love em.

One pretty decent flipping hook I like is the H2O ones at academy. Good keeper similar to the Trokar on it.

I want to try the Fusion flipping hook as all their other hooks have been really good for me.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

BassmanRudy

Maybe not "old/new" but def 2 styles I've seen and the "angled hook" is the one I've never used. Pic for reference
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

FlatsNBay

Rudy, I tried the Owner 4X Jungle Flipping Hook.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Princeton_Man

Have you tried the Trokar Bag Nasty, It's all I use.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

RangerAndBass

I am 100% a Trokar Flippin hook guy. It has never let me down.  I have had some say its too big or thick. I have had tons of success with it. I have used one other make, I can't remember which, that the bait holder is held by shrink wrap. I hated it because it would slip.
Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!

FlatsNBay

I've tried all of the Trokar flipping hooks. The Mustad Grip Pin flipping hook by far has the best keeper for a flipping hook in the market in my opinion. It's not even close for me.

The Owner Jungle Flipping Hook only lasted a few fish before the keeper rode down the hook. It just didn't stay in place at all.

Larry Francis

I recently tried the Gamakatsu HD Flippin hook. I really like the keeper on this hook. The biggest I have caught is a couple 5 lb fish in heavy Hydrilla since I started with this hook. They were great for that. Granted not monster fish but they did well. The Keeper seems to be metal of some sort and works better than anything I have tried before.
Molon Labe

Smallie_Stalker

"The Mustad Grip Pin flipping hook by far has the best keeper for a flipping hook in the market in my opinion. It's not even close for me."

X2.

I've tried Trokars, Gammis, Owners and a few others out there but I keep coming back to the Mustads.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

Steve have you tried the Hayabusa Flipping hook?

FlatsNBay

This thread was supposed to be about a review of Owner Jungle Flipping hooks. I'll create a new thread so that we can discuss others. I'll include knots too!

RangerAndBass

Guys where are you buying this jungle hook? Its not even on the Trokar website.  Is it a cheap special brand for some big box stores?  That keeper is nothing like they have on all their other flipping hooks.  ie TK130 or TK135 flipping hooks.
Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!

FlatsNBay

The jungle hook is made by Owner.