Good Fishing Around Louisville Area?

Started by skeet39, April 23, 2007, 01:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeet39

My wife and I are planning a trip to Louisville area with friends around the 4th of July.  We will be in town for a livestock show and I don't really care a whole lot about livestock unless we are eating them. ~roflmao Anyway, was wondering if there are any good lakes within an hour or less drive around that area. Looking to go bass fishing.  Also, the names of any guides would also be helpful.

Thanks,
Skeet39

b1jeremy

Hey i am originally from the frankfort area. You need to try to go to Guiest Creek in Shelbyville and Taylorsville Lake in Taylorsville. Guiest Creek lake is relatively small, whereas the other is rather large. Guides, I am sorry i cannot help with. Enjoy, they are some good fisheries.

Warpath

You could always head up to Patoka in Indiana.  It's maybe an hour and 15 minutes north of the city. 

Sorry, I have no idea about guides either.  I know B and D Custom Lures on this site lives near Louisville, and maybe SWL_Justion.  Hopefully, they will se this post.

Eric

wareagle71

Patoka would be very close to your "within an hour" guidelines.  I would agree with taking a look at Guist in Shelbyville, and there is a nice little park on the North side of town that has a little lake as well.  Shelby Co. Park of something like that.  It's on the map I have...

Taylorsville is a big lake, but it gets a ton of traffic. 

Also within an hour to the Southwest is Rough River Lake, and to the South on 65 is Lake Nolin.  Both productive and very scenic lakes.

Good Luck.

WAR

hoskifishin

Hey skeet, 1st question is do you have a boat, if so, I would head to rough river and skip out on taylorsville and guist creek. Both those lakes may be close but get a ton of pressure. I have a cabin at Rough river lake and fish there all summer. Its 70 miles from my house in Louisville and is worth the drive. I dont know of any guides but if you have a boat I can tell you some good spots to fish.

skeet39

I do have a  boat Hoskifshin, but I really wasn't planning on towing it up there, that is why I was wondering about any guides in the area.  Thanks to all others that replied.

Thanks,
Skeet 39