Good trips over the weekend!

Started by No Excuses, March 06, 2023, 07:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Excuses

Friday was nasty here. High 40's, 17mph winds gusting over 20, day after a cold front and thunderstorms. All the reasons to not go fishing. BIL wanted to get his Skeeter out for the first time this year. He's a relatively ne Bass boat owner, but lifetime fisherman. One of his trolling batteries was from 2014.....  ~b~ Wouldn't even spin the prop. Luckily I had a starting battery in the back of my truck that I had replaced last week. We put it back on the trailer, swapped batteries, the MinnKota came to life and we were in business! 3.5 hrs later we had boated 14 bass! It was unreal. All on my jerk worms, I was throwing GooseBerry and he was throwing Junebug Red. Took the wife and went back Saturday for a couple hrs and caught 3. Went yesterday and caught 7. I'll put a couple videos from sat-sun in the video forum. Enjoy!!

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catching and as always tks for sharing the trip and pictures with us.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard