Pascagoula River 4/23/24

Started by fishingram24, April 23, 2024, 08:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishingram24

Launched from Paige Bayou today with my buddy, John, for a fun day of fishing. Fished from 8 til 3, air temps 50 to 75, water temps 71-73, visibility of 1-2', clear skies and rising tide until after noon when it slowly started to fall being held up be SSE winds of 10 mph. Started slow but picked up as the day went on as we sort of figured out where they were located. I ended the day with 13 legal fish with most coming on a War Eagle double willow and 2 on a Jack hammer, John caught more fish but not as many keepers, 6 I think, with UV speed worm and baby brush hog. Due to the high tide, the fish were mostly way back in the bayous in 5' or less of water and around grass as is usually the case but they were really hammering the spinner for me, only missed a couple, and John could not get a bite on one. Going again tomorrow hope for a repeat of today but that seldom happens here.     
Retired and loving every minute of it!

Donald Garner

Congrats on a successful outing.  Tks for sharing the trip with us. 

If you think of it the next trip out could you take some pictures.  It would be interesting to see what Paige Bayou and the surrounding area looks like.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

fishingram24

Will try and do that, areas I've been fishing is coastal marsh with, nothing but waist high grass, with bayous running through out it. Lots of wildlife, ospreys, a few bald eagles, may kinds of smaller birds and plenty of gators and some days bass.
Retired and loving every minute of it!

Donald Garner

Quote from: fishingram24 on April 24, 2024, 07:22:55 PMWill try and do that, areas I've been fishing is coastal marsh with, nothing but waist high grass, with bayous running through out it. Lots of wildlife, ospreys, a few bald eagles, may kinds of smaller birds and plenty of gators and some days bass.

That would be nice if you can make it happen.  I'm sure there are several members here that have no clue what its like fishing in the coastal marsh.  I've not ever fished it myself either but have spent some time living in Louisiana and Georgia.  Fishing oxbows and swamps has its beauty  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard