UltimateBass Home Front Activities Jan 2024

Started by Donald Garner, January 01, 2024, 12:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone  ;)

Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today are 19/44dgrs with 37%humidity with a S wind @ 5mphs.  Its mostly sunny with a warm front moving into the area.  We're looking at 32/60dgrs for tomorrow  ~c~

I just finished having pancakes, sausage and orange juice for breakfast  :food

Not real busy day here today.  I got a couple loads of clothes that will be getting loaded into the washer and dryer here shortly.  Other than that I'll be relaxing  ~shade

Bud; Hope the cold weather doesn't last to long there.  One thing about these short Cold Winter Days is people get sick etc. from the sudden weather changes.  At least they do down here in Central Texas.    Glad you're out bowling and having fun with it. 

To everyone hope your day is a pleasant one and the evening ahead is a relaxing one.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone  :)

Beautiful bright sunny and warm day across Central Texas today  ~shade   Our forecasted temps for today are 31-68dgrs with 37%humidity with an NE wind @ 8mphs.  Lots of blue sky with a bright warm sun shining down on us here  ~c~

I spent the entire morning and early afternoon at the VA Hospital attending appointments.  I had a EKG appointment at 10am.  After the appointment the wife and went and had Brunch at the Hospital Cafeteria.  We did a little shopping at the hospital Post Exchange Store and hung around the cafeteria till noon.  I had 1pm appointment with my Cardiology Doctor.  We discussed my EKG reading from the morning appointment.  She provided me with some guidance that she wants me to lose some weight like 10 -15lbs by my next visit in July. 

She's changing my Warfin Dosage to help with the blood flow etc.  And finally she suggested that I get out and exercise a little more than I'm presently doing.  Other than all that she couldn't find anything seriously wrong with my heart.  She's going to monitor me over the next few months and if thing change they will run some additional tests and give me the shock treatment to get the heart back in rhythm.  I'm still vertical and breathing  ;)

The rest of the evening I'll be relaxing and enjoying the delicious supper my wife has fixed.  We're having soup beans, cornbread, fried cabbage with bacon  :food

Y'all have a pleasant and relaxing evening ahead.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Donald Garner

Howdy  8)

Beautiful bright sunny and windy day across Central Texas today   ~sun    Our forecasted temps for today is 22-41dgrs with 33%humidity with a SE wind @ 17mphs  ~shade

Lots of errands to take care of this morning.  I made a stop at the barbershop for my monthly haircut.  Stopped by the ATM for a quick cash with draw.  Made a pit stop at the gas station for a couple of Burrito, Diet Mountain Dew and package of chocolate donuts for breakfast  :food  ;)   

Made it to Lowes were I had to pickup a replacement computer chair wheel.  One of the wheels decided to break.  I was looking to pickup just a replacement wheel but they now come in a box of 5. I thought this was pretty neat.  They had the right size all together in one box.  The box price was pretty good I thought too $17.00 dollars. 

The post office was the next stop and then on to Walmart. The wife is going to be fixing Sloppy Joes and French Fries for supper tonight  ~c~   We've not had that in a long time.  The rest of the day here will be spent tinkering around on the computer and relaxing.

To everyone hope your day is going well for ya.  Y'all be safe in your travels and I hope your evening ahead is a pleasant and relaxing one.   

Bud Kennedy

Tradition holds with this weeks usual coldest time of the year in South Carolina.  Lows into the 20s and maybe even a teen low from time to time.  Next week it is supposed to warm up with 5 straight days with temps reaching back into the 70s. 

Having some guests on Sunday.  Sunday starts with breakfast at the Springhouse Restaurant with a couple we have considered our kids for the past 30+ years.  They recently moved to Ocean Isle, NC and now we an see them more than in the past where they spent most of their years in the greater Cleveland, Ohio area.  Sunday evening we have a friend stopping by for supper.  She is a good friend of the wife and they will have a great time just talking about everything under the sun.  Erma always enjoys her viits.

Today has some errands to pick up some prescriptions and then to Food Lion for a whole bunch of groceries.  With a little luck I will be able to spend the rest of the day just staying home and keeping warm.  Yesterday was bowling day and then a few honey do items when we got home.  Did not do well bowling today.  I have been in a slump that I am having trouble getting out of.  I'll get em next week.  Plan on practicing a bit this week as well to try out my new ball that is being drilled on Wednesday if all goes as planned.  I know the problem is mostly me but the new ball might help a little.

OK everyone is having a cold snap right now but hang in there it will soon be over and you can get back out on the water to terrorize some of those green and brown fish.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all  :)

We have partly sunny skies with a forecasted temps of 29-38dgrs with 30%humidity with a NE wind @ 9mphs across Central Texas today  ~sun   There's a warming front moving into the area here Monday.  Temps later on in the week are looking mid 40's for low and mid 60's for the highs  ~shade

There's nothing exciting planned for today.  The wife is spending the day and evening down in Fredericksburg shopping and attending a Elvis Tribute Band show at the Rockbox Theater.  I told her I didn't feel like making that trip so she's having a weekend to herself.  I plan on just hanging out here  and relaxing   8)

Bud; Tks for stopping in and sharing the day.  I'm sure your bowling game will improve once you get that new ball broken in  ;)   Sounds like y'all are fixing to have a really pleasant and enjoyable weekend ahead with guest arriving. 

To everyone hope things are going well for y'all.  Be safe in your travels over the weekend and stay warm.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all   8)

Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today are 37-39dgrs with 40%humidity with an E wind @ 9mphs.  It's gloomy and cold outside today  ~shade   We're looking at 50 & 60dgr weather arriving during the  week ahead  ~c~

Went to church this morning and will be having lunch here at home today.  I'm going to warm up some beans, potatoes and cornbread  :food   There isn't anything planned for the afternoon except relaxation  ;)

Y'all have a relaxing and pleasant afternoon and evening ahead.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone  8)

Its been raining hard here since 3am this morning  ~rain   We have forecasted temps of 46-52dgrs with 97%humiditiy with NE wind @ 4mphs.  The forecasters are calling for rain here across Central Texas for the next 3 days  ~rain  ~rain  ~rain  We can use it bad as a lot of our local lakes are still far below the Summer Pool levels.

Somewhat busy morning here.  I had a VA Medical Lab appointment (Blood Draw) with Team Vampire early this morning.  I had breakfast there at the hospital cafeteria while waiting for the pharmacy to open.  Those biscuits, gravy, fried eggs, hashbrowns with bacon sure hit the spot  :food

The wife has made some homemade Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch.  This is going to taste great with some fresh hot corn bread also  ;)   There is nothing planned for the rest of the day here.  Relaxation and a nap is on the schedule for sure.

I hope everyone has a pleasant and enjoyable day today.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all   ~shade

Rain and more rain is in the forecast for Central Texas today  ~rain  ~rain   Our forecasted temps for today are 51-56dgrs with 98%humidity with a SE wind @ 6mphs.  Overcast and gloomy day today as the rains continue.

Not a whole lot happening here today I'll be making a trip to Walmart here shortly.  The rest of the day will be spent tinkering around on the computer and just plain ole relaxing  ;)

I hope everyone has a pleasant day and relaxing evening ahead.

Bud Kennedy

Another week with a full schedule ahead.  Doctor appointments, physical therapy appointments off and on all week.  As always some errands to pick up stuff at the grocery or at the pharmacy.  I have been trying to get some free time to get my new bowling ball drilled but haven't got it scheduled. Looks like Wednesday afternoon or Thursday afternoon would be open time.  Hopefully we can make that work. 

Warm temps for a few days with some cloudy skies and probability of some off and on rain through Sunday.  I appreciate the warmer weather of the few days of of arctic air we had this week.  Current temp is 65 and 70s are likely the next couple days.

Wife is still a bit under the weather so I have been her taxi driver again this week.  She seems to be improving but will relapse a little on some days. 

caddyjoe77

What ball did you get Bud?  Little known fact around here but i used to be into bowling crazy like fishing.   

BeerMe

Bud Kennedy

Joe, the new ball is a Storm Phaze II.  I also throw a Black Widow 2.0 hybrid and I use a Storm Ice as a spare ball mostly to shoot 10 pin leaves.

I have returned to bowling after a 38 year hiatus away from the sport.  Sure is a lot different game these days and especially since I am an old geezer.  Bowling as an old man is sure a lot tougher than I expected since the old bones and muscles don't work the way they did in the long ago past.  February will mark the 1 year return to the sport.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

Overcast with rain in the forecast again for today across Central Texas  ~rain   Our forecasted temps for today are 44-53dgrs with 93%humidity with a NE wind @ 9mphs.  The rest of the week ahead is looking sunny and warm with mid 30's for lows / high 50's for the highs  ;)

Not a lot happening here today its' another gloomy day weather wise.  I'll tinker around on the computer for a while and check out the tv later on.

Bud; Hope the wife gets to feeling better; Hope your bowling scores improves with the new ball.

Caddyjoe; Tks for stopping by.  Hope your day is a pleasant one.

To everyone y'all be safe in your travels and I hope your day is a pleasant one. 

caddyjoe77

Bud that is one of the most versatile ones out there. Don't forget you can always change the surface.  If you don't like the reaction start with 2000 and go from there.  Talk to your pso. 2000 will give you a smooth reaction at least.
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

We have cloudy skies with forecasted temps of 45-61dgrs with 90%humidity with a N wind @ 5mphs.  It's gloomy and humid outside here today  ~shade

Somewhat busy here this morning as the washer and dryer are busy.  Other than getting the laundry done there isn't anything else planned as far as work goes today  ;)   Relaxation and tinkering around on the computer will take up most of the afternoon.

caddyjoe; Tks for stopping in I hope things are going well for ya.

Hopefully everyone will have a pleasant day and a relaxing evening once you get home.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Bud Kennedy

Joe, the Phaze 2 comes with 3000 grit.  Anxious to see how it performs.  I recently changed the surface on my Black Widow 2.0 hybrid.  Changed it to 2000 from its original 1500.

Bud Kennedy

Another nice warm day here at the beach with temps at 74.  Ongoing most of the day is a misty rain but nothing significant.  This morning over on the coast was some heavy sea fog.  We are just a wee bit more inland so no fog here this morning.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Another gloomy, cloudy day across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps for across the area are 48-62dgrs with 85%humidity with an E wind @ 6mphs.   It's pretty foggy outside this morning.  Looking ahead for the next 7days it looks like clear sunny skies with high 30's for the lows / 70 for the highs.

Kinda busy this morning taking Dwayne to his medical appointments.  Stopped by the post office and picked up the mail.  Other than that it's another slack do nothing day  ~shade   I'll spend some time tinkering around on the computer and find the ole recliner later on for an afternoon nap.

Bud; Tks for stopping in and sharing the day.  Hope you bowling is improving with the new ball.  Hope the wife is feeling a lot better also.

To everyone have a really pleasant day and a relaxing evening once you get home.

Donald Garner

Greetings to all  8)

Partly sunny skies are covering down on Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps for today are 33-57dgrs with 66%humidity with a NE wind @ 18mphs.  Its a little on the windy side here today.

We're off to attend a Musical Event at the Beltonian Theater here at noon.  They have a couple that performs Dueling Pianos.  You submit a musical request and they perform it.  We attended this event last month and it was pretty good.  There's nothing else planned for today other than attending this event.

I hope everyone has a pleasant Saturday.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

caddyjoe77

cloudy, rain and pretty mild today.  perfect day to get out in the garage and finish the electronics modification on the Puma.  Tomorrow will be 50, hopefully i can get it all done so i can get out there tomorrow
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all   8)

Beautiful bright blue bird skies are all across Central Texas this afternoon  ~sun  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 36-63dgrs with 50%humidity with a NE wind @ 7mphs.  Bright sunny skies are in the upcoming forecast for the week ahead  ;)

Went to church this morning and had lunch at home afterwards.  The wife fixed pork chops and gravy in the crock pot; we had corn, green beans, mash potatoes and biscuits  :food

With all this rain we've had recently I decided to drive over to Nolan Lake on Ft. Hood (Ft. Cavazos). I'm happy to report the lake level is above Summer Pool not quiet at flood stage now.  The lake looks like chocolate milk and the ground surrounding the lake is really soft and wet / muddy from all that rain we had.  I had to put the Diesel in 4 wheel drive to get out back onto the road. 

There's been a few individuals with those Big Mudder Tires that have gotten down along the bank line and tore the ground up.   I hate it when they do this it causes a lot of headaches for those that launch their boats there.  Hopefully with this warmer weather the ground will dry out and make it easier to get down to the lake side.

This gets me a little more motivated to get the G3 operational and to work on my fishing gear a little more.  I need to replace the winch strap on the G3.  I need to replace the trolling motor batteries as the old ones have seen their better days also.

The rest of the afternoon will be spent tinkering around on the computer.  I'll more than likely check out the NFC playoff game later on also.

Caddyjoe; Tks for sharing the day with us.  Tight lines on your next trip out with the new boat.

To everyone I hope your Sunday has been and will continue to be a pleasant one.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about also. 

Donald Garner

Good morning to all   ~shade

We have bright sunny skies all over Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 44-69dgrs with 54%humidity with a W wind @ 6mphs.

Got up and fixed breakfast this morning of ham and cheese omelet's and pancakes, black coffee  :food   I'm good till supper later on  ;)

There is nothing planned for today.  I'll  spend some time tinkering around on the computer and checking out the tv later on.

I hope everyone has a really pleasant and relaxing day and evening ahead.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all,

Beautiful sunny day across Central Texas today  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for across the area are 47-72dgrs with 48%humidity with a N wind @ 3mphs.  We got some rain in the forecast on Friday and Saturday.  Other than that we're sunny and warming up  ;)

Busy day yesterday has I had a Echo Cardio Gram appointment scheduled at the VA Hospital.  I should be hearing back from my Cardio Doctor here one day next week reference the test.  The wife and I had breakfast at the hospital cafeteria after the exam was completed.  We enjoyed some biscuits, gravy, fried eggs, hashbrowns, bacon  :food   We made a pit stop at Walmart for some grocery shopping afterwards.  The rest of the day was spent watching fishing videos on YouTube  ;)

Spent this morning on line and the phone getting my wife signed for Medicare and Social Security.  I got everything done and had a question I needed answered.  I made a phone call and the assistant wouldn't / couldn't answer the question because my wife wasn't present.  Really frustrated when I couldn't get a simple question answered.  My wife was attending her monthly Master Gardeners Meeting.  She will have to make the phone call now and deal with it.

The rest of the day will be spent enjoying some Chinese food from our favorite restaurant 'Dynasty' over in Temple  :food  ;PEP)

I hope everyone is enjoying the day and that your evening will be a pleasant and relaxing one.   

caddyjoe77

waiting on parts to finish the electronics - hope the come in tomorrow or Friday.

Sidenote -- i dont know who rigged the electronics at the dealer but can you say sub-par.  I feel like the old man yelling "get off my lawn" right about now but it really only takes a few minutes to do it once and do it right. 

BeerMe

Bud Kennedy

Last couple days have been super busy.  Tuesday took wife to her physical therapy.  I used that time to clean the house, put some stuff up in the attic, finish the laundry and put new stuff on the bed.  Then vacuumed the carpets and cleaned the tile and wood floors.    Picked up the wife from therapy and found out she invited a friend to supper, so,.....I had to come up with an evening meal for us and her friend.  Everything turned out just fine . Whew ! ! quite a day, i'm exhausted.

Today, I dropped the dog off at the groomers and then the Mrs and I went furniture shopping for a new bed to accommodate her disabilities  Went several places and settled on a good therapy bed that should make her life a lot easier.  New stuff will be delivered on next Wednesday per our request.  Picked up the dog from the groomer and hopefully the rest of the day will be relax time.

Tomorrow is already filling up with more errands.  Wife wants to go to Sam's club for some stuff.  I am hoping for most of the day off.