Hey guys, been a while....

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 15, 2024, 05:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Been real busy the past 4 years. Left the automotive industry to venture into the home HVAC industry. Things didn't pan out the way it was supposed to, and as a business man, I didn't see it going as planned. So I'm back in the automotive industry running another shop, and was given an offer that I couldn't refuse. Was living in Davie for a while with my ex, but she decided she wanted to be a drunk lover that couldn't hold a job, so I had to leave. I still go down there to hang out with my old neighbors, and will spend the whole weekend down there with them sometimes. Hook up with George and go fishing when we can. Letting go of some reels and rods too, as I don't need that much stuff anymore. Still got my reel bench, tools, and parts for repairing reels, but don't really do that much either. I do miss all yall, and life has kept me at bay. But I'm back in Coral Springs helping out my parents with the house, seeing as how I will be taking that over. They wanted to sell it and get a condo, and give me money for a house, but that seemed silly since I can keep a better eye and care for them if they just stay here. I am in the process of getting rid of my truck ad I sold the boat, and it's not very practical for me now. Let's see.....what else? lo. I'm gonna try and poke in more often if I can. And dang it I want to get to Bama again for a crazy time now that I shouldn't have much of an issue affording to do so now. Anywho, see yall around ~beer~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome back, my friend. It's been a while. How is your son doing? How old is he now?

caddyjoe77

whoa a real LMG sighting.   Welcome back
BeerMe

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

big g

Welcome back, glad to see you staying in touch.  Looking forward to another trip in the glades soon.  Some catching and some good music to keep relaxing.  See you soon brother! ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

apenland01

Thanks for working on my Shimano reel back in the day Matt, hope all is well and continues down a good path for you!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 15, 2024, 06:06:30 PMWelcome back, my friend. It's been a while. How is your son doing? How old is he now?

Cambridge will be 8 Feb 2nd.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 16, 2024, 03:10:39 AM
Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 15, 2024, 06:06:30 PMWelcome back, my friend. It's been a while. How is your son doing? How old is he now?

Cambridge will be 8 Feb 2nd.

Wow! Time flies.

Mike Cork

Great to see you stop by. Sounds crazy in your world... they tell me that keeps us young but it seems to keep me wore out LOL

HVAC can be a great business if there aren't too many folks in it already for your area. I know up here it takes two days to get someone to look at a broke system durning the heat or cold, stuff never breaks when it's mild....

Wrench turning isn't bad money, especially if your running the show again ~c~  ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

FlatsNBay

Welcome back. We missed having you around. Life gets crazy some time.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on January 16, 2024, 01:17:26 PMWelcome back. We missed having you around. Life gets crazy some time.

Did we really "miss" him though??  ~roflmao  ~beer~

Smallie_Stalker

Glad to see you stop by Matt, life has it's way of keeping us busy.

I've seen some of your Facebook posts and loved that one of Cambridge playing the 2 guitars. Can't believe he's that grown already.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

topdsm0138

Welcome back! Glad you're still around. Life can be challenging, but good company can help ya make the most of it.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 16, 2024, 01:18:35 PM
Quote from: FlatsNBay on January 16, 2024, 01:17:26 PMWelcome back. We missed having you around. Life gets crazy some time.

Did we really "miss" him though??  ~roflmao  ~beer~

You love my semantics, don't lie.  ;D

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on January 16, 2024, 01:54:48 PMGlad to see you stop by Matt, life has it's way of keeping us busy.

I've seen some of your Facebook posts and loved that one of Cambridge playing the 2 guitars. Can't believe he's that grown already.

Yeah, we did a little rocking and rolling the other day \m/

LgMouthGambler

Holy moly I forgot how much stuff I had accumulated in reel parts over the years. I have a whole tin of Shimano parts new and used. 50E gear sets galore. I found 7.7 Brenius, 7.0 Core, and a bunch of 6.4 50E gear sets. Carbon tex drags, and enough parts to build 3 Curado 50Es ~roflmao . 2 Citica200I reels broken down for parts for my 14Scorpion200I reel, and 2 JM Signature reels broke down for parts for my JM Sig reel I use. Spare screws, clips, washers, etc. Lord have mercy, the obsession was real.... :surrender:

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 16, 2024, 05:39:37 PMHoly moly I forgot how much stuff I had accumulated in reel parts over the years. I have a whole tin of Shimano parts new and used. 50E gear sets galore. I found 7.7 Brenius, 7.0 Core, and a bunch of 6.4 50E gear sets. Carbon tex drags, and enough parts to build 3 Curado 50Es ~roflmao . 2 Citica200I reels broken down for parts for my 14Scorpion200I reel, and 2 JM Signature reels broke down for parts for my JM Sig reel I use. Spare screws, clips, washers, etc. Lord have mercy, the obsession was real.... :surrender:
Uh,,, you think!?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 16, 2024, 06:33:34 PM
Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 16, 2024, 05:39:37 PMHoly moly I forgot how much stuff I had accumulated in reel parts over the years. I have a whole tin of Shimano parts new and used. 50E gear sets galore. I found 7.7 Brenius, 7.0 Core, and a bunch of 6.4 50E gear sets. Carbon tex drags, and enough parts to build 3 Curado 50Es ~roflmao . 2 Citica200I reels broken down for parts for my 14Scorpion200I reel, and 2 JM Signature reels broke down for parts for my JM Sig reel I use. Spare screws, clips, washers, etc. Lord have mercy, the obsession was real.... :surrender:
Uh,,, you think!?

You asking now, or at that given time? ~roflmao

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 16, 2024, 06:50:48 PM
Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on January 16, 2024, 06:33:34 PM
Uh,,, you think!?

You asking now, or at that given time? ~roflmao
At that given time.

Canesfan

Next thing you know, Lee Smith will stop by.

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

Matt, welcome back and I hope the New Year brings happiness and good health for ya.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Princeton_Man on January 20, 2024, 08:14:04 AM
Quote from: Canesfan on January 17, 2024, 01:30:42 PMNext thing you know, Lee Smith will stop by.

Anything is possible. ~fff
He just did!

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire