DEDICATION or TRIBUTE THREAD armed forces and public service

Started by Mike Cork, October 17, 2008, 01:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Thank you for all you do, be safe!!! Watch your team and get home to do some fishing!

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

jimmy2ii

Thanks for all the support, I am currently on my 5th deployment in the last 4 years. All the letters and post are definatly welcome. Please keep supporting us in keeping these terrorist away from our country....

JSmith140

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 17, 2008, 01:15:23 PM
Many members have asked for a place to post a tribute to our Armed Forces, while looking around the boards there really isn't a place set up to do that. After some discussion with Admin, Laurie and I have decided that a stickied thread here in the Let Us Get To Know You board would be the best place and the first place most would see it.

This thread is for the sole purpose of our members to post their dedications to our Armed Forces men and women and Public Service members (police, hospital, EMT, etc.)

If you have a dedication to a serving family member, a general thank you to our fellow Americans, or would like to say something in appreciation to all the freedoms that you enjoy because of those that protect them for you at home or abroad; this is the place to do it.

This thread will be closely monitored and kept on track. No off topic posts will be allowed to stay and will be removed immediately without notice.

I asked for someone to give me something to get things rolling and this was the first submission. This gives everyone an idea of what kind of content we would like to see in this thread. Not all posts have to start out with the UB part of it  ;)

"The members of Ultimate Bass have dedicated this thread to all of the men and women of the United States Armed Forces.  Without your service, loyalty, and dedication our country would not be the greatest nation in the world.  From the earliest colonial days, members of our great nation have stepped forward to fight for and protect the freedoms granted to each and every American."
                              ~Larrylargemouth~

I'm currently serving in the Armed Forces I think this would be great. :)

Dark3

Happy Veterans day to all my brothers and sisters serving down range!

Hurry home to cast a line!

SGT R.

BassHOGS

Happy Veterans Day from Down Range!!!  Hope everyone remembers to Thank a Veteran today.....Thank you Mike Cork for your service!!!  God Bless this great nation and FISH ON!!! ~flag
Chad Everett Vicious Tournament Team
Team Ardent Pro Staff
Enigma Fishing Pro Staff WOO! Tungsten Pro Staff

Mike Cork

Thank You for Serving Chad Evert! Keep your head down, I still haven't got to fish with you yet!!!

Folks I got this in an email from my Father today. I'm posting it here so you can copy and paste and send it to those you know.

Brother:

You may have served in combat or while preserving peace.
You may have retired out or you may have served for a short time.
You may have been a draftee or a volunteer.
You may have served in the Corps, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or
the Merchant Marines, BUT YOU SERVED. YOU DID YOUR JOB HONORABLY and for
that I am PROUD to call you 'Brother.'

You may have served during WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Nicaragua, Persian
Gulf, Iraq or Afghanistan. But you served, you did not run.

You have earned your DD 214 with those words "HONORABLY DISCHARGED" two
of the most noble words in the world.

Again I am proud to know each and every one of you.

*Today is Band of Brothers' Day*; send this to all your brothers,
fathers, sons and fellow veterans you know.

Happy Brothers' Day!

To the cool men & women that have touched my life: Here's to you!! I was
never a hero, but I am thankful and proud to have served among them.

A real Brother walks with you when the rest of the world walks on you.

Send to all your Band of Brothers, because the fake ones won't.

Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Thank you to all the men and women of UB who have served or are currently serving in our armed forces, and to their families. Your sacrifices to ensure our freedoms can never be repaid.

~flag   ~flag   ~flag   ~flag   ~flag   ~flag
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

omcforever

Wish to thank all that served and are serving and all who have sacrificed. Also a big shout out to the men and women of the old 56th FA Bde/56th FA Cmd(Pershing) We brought the cold war to an end/without firing a shot.

Smallmouth Bass,,,what more can I say
1994 Ranger R72 1994 Johnson 115

Dark3

Happy thanksgiving

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

CoastieWess

Thank you for this thread. As an active duty armed forces member this means a ton to all of us!! I would also like to say thank you to those who have served and continue to serve beside me!

Dark3

Merry Christmas to my brothers and sisters in 10th Mountain, 3rd Brigade Combat team in Afghanistan, and all of our service members all around the world!

Smallie_Stalker

To all those currently serving, Merry Christmas and may God bring you all safely home in the coming New Year!

To all those who have finished their service, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We may not be celebrating this year if it weren't for the sacrifices you made for us.

You are all in our hearts and prayers.

Usmcmec

I want to thank yall for this post from Camp Lejeune and from all over the world it means so much to us to have yall standing behind us when all u here is the bad stuff and the aftermath

Lee Smith

Tribute

Mike (aka don't matter)
Served: 22 years
Toughest guy I knew, gone today 1/31/2018
Died doing what he loved and doing it in places we don't! 

Love You Brother, our world is a little less safe today, you ARE missed!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Mike Cork

Mike Thank You for protecting our freedoms. I will help make sure your honor and ultimate sacrifice will never be forgotten. Rest in Peace.

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

thank you for your service Mike and for your sacrifice .

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

analfisherman

Mike,
Rest in Peace and prayers going out for YOU and Yours!
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Smallie_Stalker

While we mourn your loss, heaven is rejoicing because a true hero has come home. Rest in Peace Mike.

Justin62882

Just want to say thanks to everyone serving or has served tho country. I may not always fully understand what this country is doing sometimes but i will always appreciate and be thankful for everything you guys do day in and day out. Be safe
Fishing Is not an escape  from life, but often a deeper immersion into it.

badger1966

I am a Marine Corps Veteran 1974 to 1978.  My MOS was 0311 Infantry.  SEMPER FI TO all Marine Corps Veterans and Active Duty Marines.

Lipripper

Quote from: badger1966 on February 23, 2018, 07:39:00 PM
I am a Marine Corps Veteran 1974 to 1978.  My MOS was 0311 Infantry.  SEMPER FI TO all Marine Corps Veterans and Active Duty Marines.

Thank you for your service my brother was a Marine and he passed away last year from Agent Orange but he was and always will be a Marine.

Smallie_Stalker

Thank you for your service Badger!!!  ~flag My family and I are very grateful for the sacrifices you made for our freedoms.

bah3048

Semper Fi

-Cpl  0621  2011-2015

Lipripper

Quote from: bah3048 on February 24, 2019, 10:36:53 AM
Semper Fi

-Cpl  0621  2011-2015

Thank you for your service My older brother was a Marine also. He just passed away about a year ago after a long battle with Agent Orange .

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"