Panfishing Anyone?

Started by bigjim5589, March 27, 2020, 01:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjim5589

With this virus going on, I've spent some time planting seeds to get my garden going, and tied up some panfish jigs.  ;D

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Smallie_Stalker

I enjoy panfishing. I try to always keep a panfish setup with me in case the bass aren't biting what I'm throwing.

Sometimes on some of the small ponds I fish I'll fish for panfish first as a search method to find bass. If the gills and crappie are the main forage and I can find them then the bass have to be close by.  :-*

The jigs look great as usual.  ;PEP)
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

bigjim5589

Thanks Smallie! I did that too a lot back in MD in the tidal creeks when the bass were not as cooperative. I fished with fly gear or ultralights and many times for the panfish and caught bass on that smaller stuff also. I'll never mind catching a mixed bag!  lo
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Lipripper

Nice looking panfish jigs Jim.  8)

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

That is some amazing looking stuff. I'm gonna have to get with you next fall when the crappie fishing gets hot and heavy here. :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Oldfart9999

Nice looking jigs Jim!!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Jacobguy

Great looking jigs! I never leave for a day without some panfish lures in my tacklebox!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

topdsm0138

Looks great! Panfish are always fun to catch, no matter how old you get.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Bassinkorea

Great work as always Jim. My boy is interested in fishing for bluegill.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)