Tips for Fishing a Jerkbait

Started by Bigbass201, June 19, 2023, 04:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loomisguy

I'm in the James river arm but he had you in a great part of the lake. The white river in the Baxter/Campbell point area is my favorite.

Wizard

Caddy, there is a color from a famous Table Rock lure painter named Table Rock Shad. I painted stickbaits for myself 20 years before him I named "Purple Fade". Of course, not saying there is ANYTHING similar between the two colors.

Wizard

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Wizard on July 09, 2023, 12:46:03 PMCaddy, there is a color from a famous Table Rock lure painter named Table Rock Shad. I painted stickbaits for myself 20 years before him I named "Purple Fade". Of course, not saying there is ANYTHING similar between the two colors.

Wizard
I have a few jerkbaits and even some crankbaits in Table Rock Shad. They all have that purple back. Some fade to white sides and some to a light chartreuse with a white belly.

They work well in the ultra clear natural lakes up here in New England. The smallmouth in particular seem to like them a lot but they catch their fair share of largemouth too. 

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Oldfart9999

Still love my Rapalas, floating as well as suspending. I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it. I do have an assortment of Smithwicks and a smattering of others also. When active topwaters aren't working floaters twitched will do the job.
Rodney

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Hobious

i am so far 100% Vision 110.

it is on the delicate side, so i try not to bounce the lip off of hard stuff.  it will break.

but i think the delicate lip has a benefit.  it flexs a bit and since it is so thin and light, the bait reacts with a light jerk.  i fished a super clear lake and learned that day that i have been over-jerking my V110.  explains why my success was so sporatic.  i eased up on the throttle and now i more or less, "slap the slack line" and retreave/pause. and repeat.  the fish hit on the pause 90% of the time.  it is very very fun.

one day, the fish wanted a long pause.  like 20 to 30 seconds.  i would jerk it down..and stop. wait for it, wait for it..and then i feel the tug.  it was a blast. 

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Wizard on July 09, 2023, 12:46:03 PMCaddy, there is a color from a famous Table Rock lure painter named Table Rock Shad. I painted stickbaits for myself 20 years before him I named "Purple Fade". Of course, not saying there is ANYTHING similar between the two colors.

Wizard

yessir i believe you showed me that when I had the privilege of visiting you at your dock
BeerMe

loomisguy

Wizard
I have a old Rogue the Tim painted years ago in Table Rock shad. He told me once that he figures that color has won over a million bucks.
Now, It's copied by everybody. I never throw a rogue anymore but that one is in a safe place.