staging white bass: spring's around the corner

Started by coldfront, March 06, 2023, 12:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldfront

out Saturday 'poking about' just running the boat, enjoying a great day on the water.  clarity was pretty stained with about 6-8 inches of clarity due to all recent rains/run-off.  those same conditions also upped the water temps a few degrees...  main river was just shy of 58°F.

tough to find a lot... but did manage a few in heavy current and the bigger eddies that set up. 

been having some fun targeting some of the 'larger' whites that tend to group up this time of year.  this was no where close to 'as big as they get', but a serious specimen all the same.

on the 3.5 inch keitech easy shiner, 1/8 ounce ball-head.

spent some time 'graphing' and  one of the really cool things I ran across was a school of what I THINK were hybrids.  big returns, big 'swirling pattern' on the sonar screen.  did not stop and fish as there was another angler working the area and it felt a little 'too close' for me to intrude.  I was a good 2-3 casts away and just idling out of a back water so had to move past the guys.  just kept an eye on the sonar.

hate it when folks 'blow in/out' when I'm fishing.  can't see any reason why I would not extend others the same courtesy I'd like extended to me.

Donald Garner

Congrats on another successful outing.  Tks for sharing the trip and picture with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard