UltimateBass Home Front Activities March 2024

Started by Donald Garner, March 01, 2024, 09:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdsm0138

Good morning guys. Woke up to Culprit Lures giving me a shout out on their social media. That was nice. Hope y'all have a great day.

Tiller Mafia.

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all  8)

Its been a beautiful day here in Central Texas today.  We've have sunny skies with forecasted temps of 52-73dgrs with 33% humidity with a S wind @ 10mphs  ~sun

Got up and made a quick trip to the gas station to top off the Diesel and the lawn mower fuel cans.  Stopped by the 7-11 gas station food mart and picked up a couple breakfast tacos and a diet mountain dew  :food ;PEP)

After enjoying the quick breakfast I fired up the weed eater and the Troybilt Riding mower.  The weather was great for doing yard work today.  Not too windy or hot.  After getting everything cleaned up and done I took a few pictures of the yard.

North Flower Bed along the property line and flag pole   The tall looking weedy plants around the bird bath are Wild Poppies fixing to bloom.  Our Texas Red Bud Trees have bloomed and are looking great

After a hot shower the rest of the day as been spent relaxing.  The wife fixed a Shepard's Pie for  supper and it's delicious  :food

Top; Tks for stopping by and sharing the comments with us.  That was nice of Culprit to return the  Shout Out to ya.  I like using their products also.  BTW that's a really nice looking bass there  ~shade  ;)

To everyone sure hope your Monday has been a pleasant one.  Hope your evening ahead will be a relaxing one also.  Y'all be safe out there if your traveling.  Tight lines for those out on the water.   
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

caddyjoe77

Getting to be that yard work time here too.  Yesterday I went out after the wind dies down and put down some weed/feed w/pre emergent.  Hoping to get the crabgrass under control this year although that is hard to do.  It lays there until about may, and it tricks you.  looks ok then takes over. 

also planted some zoysia plugs last year just to see what they would do and they are starting to green up.  The problem w/my yard is that its really sunny, which will support a bermuda/zoysia but there are a lot of really shady spots where a hybrid kentucky is necessary.  perhaps one year i will get it right.  I do have a good time mowing and clearing the extra lot a little at a time.  Usually about May the yard looks awesome with some nice stripes and about the middle of June it gets taken over by crabgrass in spots. 

if anyone has any tips on crabgrass control i am all ears. 

work was good, working on the curiculum for these folks -- it is a nice break from the normal hustle and bustle of other folks. 

might even take the boat out thursday depending on how much I get done this week. 

working on a stock market tool in my free time -- would love to make some cash and re-invest it. 
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

Mostly cloudy with forecasted temps of 62-78dgrs with 79%humidity and a S wind @ 12mphs.  An updated forecast now shows up with rain expected Thursday thru Sun  ~rain   Our temps will still be warm but we now have rain moving into Central Texas.

Not much happening here today.  Dwayne has some medical appointments we'll be attending this afternoon.  Other than that we'll be tinkering around on the computer and relaxing.

Joe; Tks for stopping by.  Yep yard work never ends.  We have issues with crab grass and other PITA weeds.  We spent $$$ on different products to combat them but we wind up on the losing side every year.  Good luck in getting your yard to look the way you want it too.  Tight lines if your hitting the lake on Thursday also  ~bb

To everyone hope your day is a pleasant and relaxing one.  Be mindful of your surrounding and be safe in your travels.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Cloudy with forecasted temps of 66-81dgrs with 87%humidity with a S wind @ 12mphs.  We have a rain front moving across Central Texas here later on today.  There's rain in the forecast for the next 3 days  ~rain

Busy morning here after having breakfast.  Made a trip to the Vet to have the cat shot's updated and claws trimmed.  I got the washer and dryer fired up now getting laundry done.  The rest of the day will be spent getting laundry done and tinkering around on the computer.

I hope everyone has a really good day today.  Y'all be safe out there.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Cloudy skies with forecasted temps of 64-80dgrs with 73%humidity with a SE wind at 17 mphs.  We have rain moving into the area later on today and will last through till Sunday morning  ~rain

Day 2 of laundry  ::)   Other than that happening Dwayne has a medical appointment later on today.  He's having an MRI done on his midsection.  He has a lot of fluid build up around his stomach area.  His past (2) Biopsy came back but there wasn't a clear reason on whets causing this swelling.

Other than that its a slack day for the most part.  I hope everyone has a good day today and a relaxing evening ahead.

Bud Kennedy

Been a busy week.  Wife had her hand surgery on Wednesday and all went well except she is not happy with the inconvenience of having her left hand all wrapped up for a while.  She is left handed and is doing the best she can with her right hand but she is a bit frustrated.  She does not like to be dependent on having to be helped with all sorts of tasks. 

Got the lawn mowed yesterday and today I plan on putting down some green up fertilizer.  I use Scotts Max this time of year and will use Scotts weed and feed in a few more weeks.  Rain is expected overnight tonight and and hopefully it will clean off some of the pollen on the Expedition.  Pollen is so heavy right now that the sky is just a pollen haze.  Stopped by to visit the Ranger yesterday and all is well except for a layer of pollen on the cover.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone it's Friday  8)

Cloudy with rain showers moving through Central Texas this morning  ~rain   We have forecasted temps of 60-72dgrs with 94%humidity with a NE wind @ 12mphs.  We're forecasted to have rain covering down on Central Texas all weekend  ~rain  ~shade

There's nothing pressing occurring here today.  I fixed breakfast for me and the wife this morning. We enjoyed fried eggs with cheese; biscuits, sausage, butter and jelly with a glass of orange
juice  :food

I'm off to the post office here shortly to mail some boxes to our grandkids up in Anchorage, Alaska.  The rest of the day here will be spent relaxing and doing nothing  :)

Bud; Tks for stopping by and sharing the day with us.  Glad to hear the wife's surgery went well and that she's up and about.  We don't put down fertilizer down anymore...the weeds don't need any help in growing  lo   The pollen hasn't arrived here yet but will here in the near future  :surrender:

To everyone have a great day today.  Be safe in your travels over the weekend ahead.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all 8)

Cloudy and rainy across Central Texas today  ~rain   There's some heavy thunderstorms with damaging hail in the Southern part of the state down around San Antonio moving NE across the state.   Looking at the radar it looks like the stormy weather is going to move across the entire Southern Part of the Gulf Coast states.

Our forecast for today is 60-63dgrs with 80%humidity with a NE wind @10mphs.  It's going to be raining all weekend here  ~rain  ~shade 

Nothing really pressing happening here today.  Dwayne had a medical appointment for more X-rays this morning.  I took him to his appointment and we stopped in Golden Corral for Brunch afterwards  :food   ;PEP) 

The wife is back down in Fredericksburg attending another Tribute Band Show at the Rock Box theater.  She's spending the night down there and will return home tomorrow morning.  Me and Dwayne are just taking it easy and relaxing.

It's a gloomy day here due to the rain etc.   ~rain   I'll be tinkering around on the computer the rest of the day.   I hope everyone has a pleasant and relaxing day today.

topdsm0138

Well...I can honestly say that Gary Dobyns makes one helluva rod. I think this is the hardest I've been on that thing since I bought it. And the first fish to ever break my PowerPro line today. About to head home from the lake, then I'll type up a short report in the FL section.

Tiller Mafia.

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all,

Cloudy with another front moving across Central Texas this afternoon and into tomorrow.  Our forecasted temps for today were 51-65dgrs with 69%humidity with a N wind @ 13mphs.

It's been a do nothing, slack day here so far  ~shade   The wife made it home safely from Fredericksburg early this morning.  There were some heavy thunderstorms with hail and high winds that moved across the area dark thirty this morning.   All the real nasty thundering and lighting with heavy winds skip around us to our West and headed NE  ~c~

The day has been spent watching Swamp People and tinkering around on the computer.  I hope everyone has had a pleasant and relaxing day so far. 

Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Donald Garner

We're looking at sunny skies across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 40-64dgrs with 44%humidity with NE wind @ 13 mphs.  For the most part we're forecasted to have sunny skies with mid 50's for the lows and mid 70's for the highs this coming week  ~shade

There's nothing pressing occurring here today.  Lots of tinkering around on the computer and some recliner time ;)   I hope everyone has a pleasant and enjoyable day and evening ahead today.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today were 59-72dgrs with 54%humidity with a S wind @ 13mphs.  It been mostly cloudy looking today and there's the chance of rain moving across the area tonight.

:toot:   I sent Old Fart (Rodney) an email.  He replied back that he's still vertical and breathing somewhat  ~shade   He's still in some pain with his hip etc.  He's working around the house getting things done. He'll drop a line here once he gets to feeling better  ;)

Its been a busy couple days here getting things done.  Had a trip over to the VA Hospital to pay for my med's.  Stopped by the bank, Walmart and got a haircut while out and about.  Drove over to the Sportsman Lounge at Ft. Cavazos to purchase my fishing license and area pass.  Got over there and the whole operation has been moved to another office.  Everything is now done on line  ~xyz   

Got back home and spent about 3 hours applying for my Area Pass and on post fishing licenses for me and Dwayne. It was a painful process but we finally got our fishing license and area passes  ~c~   

Dwayne had a medical appointment with one of the doctors he's seeing.  Today was a follow up briefing on the MRI and Biopsy he had done last week.  The good news was they didn't see anything that looked like cancer.  Our next appointment is with the doctor that's going to perform surgery to remove that mast on his pancreas.

There's nothing planned for the rest of the evening except relaxing.  I've gone 2 days in a row now without taking a nap.  If its not pouring down rain tomorrow Dwayne and I are heading over to Nolan Lake for some bank fishing.

I hope everyone has a pleasant evening ahead.

Bud Kennedy

Pretty quiet around the beach lately.  Weather has been a bit on the cool side but not too bad with temps in the mid 60s to low 70s.  Rain moving in for Friday and Saturday.  This will be the 5th straight weekend with rain.  No problem for me but for working folk looking to have a fun weekend it sucks. 

Wife's surgery went well and her appointment yesterday was to change the dressings that looked really good.  She has has some pain but not much so that is a good thing.  Follow up with the Doctor on the 25th to check on her progress.  Hopefully the rest of the dressings and splint can be removed so she can start returning to a more normal life style.  Rehab begins also next week and will last through at least the month of April and maybe beyond.  So far so good.

Have not been bowling in a week but hopefully I can get in a few games next week.  Been pretty busy just keeping up with the Wife's needs and the needs of keeping house etc.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all

Raining across Central Texas this morning.  Its a slow steady moving rain one that's great for watering gardens and flower beds  ~rain  ~shade    Our forecasted temps for today are 55-59dgrs with 90%humidity with an E wind @ 7mphs.

There's nothing planned for today except being lazy  ;)   It's raining and it's another day of tinkering around on the computer and watching tv 

Bud; Tks for the update on your wife's surgery.  Glad to hear that she's doing well with the recovery.  Hope your able to get out and practice that bowling here soon.

To everyone hope your day is a pleasant one and your evening ahead is a relaxing one.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Beautiful bright sunny blue bird day across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   We had a massive heavy thunderstorm with high winds, lighting and heavy rain move through the area last night  ~rain  :surrender:   Our forecasted temp for today are 53-71dgrs with 80%humidity with a NE wind @ 11mphs.  The weekend ahead is looking sunny with a chance of rain on Monday.

Its laundry day here and other than that nothing else is planned.  I made a quick trip out to pickup some breakfast tacos for me and Dwayne  :food   It's too wet to be working outside and it's too muddy to go and attempt to fish Nolan Lake today after that massive storm last night. 

The rest of the day will be tinkering around on the computer and relaxing.

I hope everyone is doing well and that y'all have a really pleasant day and relaxing evening. 

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

We have partly sunny skies with forecasted temps of 58-64dgrs with 62%humidity with a N wind @ 6mphs here in Central Texas today  ~sun

Somewhat busy morning here with a grocery shopping trip to Walmart this morning right after breakfast.  The wife has decided she wants a chest freeze now so we went to Lowes and bought one.  Its now in place and getting ready to be packed with food.

I was thinking of mowing the yard but have since changed my mind since moving that chest freezer.  The yard work is on the schedule for next week now. There's nothing else planned for the rest of the day except some tinkering around on the computer and relaxing.

I hope everyone has a pleasant Saturday with a relaxing evening planned ahead.

Donald Garner

Cloudy with forecasted temps of 55-72dgrs with 69%humidity with a SE wind @ 14mphs.

Had a quick breakfast of oatmeal with mixed fruit this morning.  I'm attending church on line here and afterwards I'm going to be trimming and mowing the yard.  I want to get the yard taken care of today. There's the chance of  rain moving in later on tonight early in the morning..

I hope everyone has a pleasant and relaxing day today.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

We started the day off with thunder, lighting and heavy rain.  This lasted up till around lunch time.  The clouds broke and we had bright sunny skies this afternoon.  Our forecasted temps for today were 42-75dgrs with 30%humidity with an E wind @ 15mphs.  The rest of the week is looking bright sunny with temps in the mid 70's.

Busy morning with Dwayne and his medical appointments.  Received lots of good news reference that mast that's on his pancreas.   All the testing done shows it not cancerous.  So the doctor's are just going to monitor it for time being with follow up testing done in a couple months.

We stopped in Cracker Barrel for breakfast this morning.  Made a stop by the pharmacy to pickup Dwayne's meds.  After getting home I hit the recliner for a nap.  We got up way before the chickens did this morning.  Spent the rest of the afternoon tinkering around on the computer. 

I hope everyone has had a pleasant day and that the evening will be a relaxing one.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone  8)

We have Blue Bird Skies covering down across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 45-64dgrs with 47%humidity with a NE wind @ 8mphs.  The week ahead is looking mostly sunny with temps in the mid 70's.

Not a lot happening here today.  I had to go and get a new spare house key made.  Yesterday while climbing in the diesel the grab handle came loose from the cab frame.  Dwayne and I messed with it putting additional washers and longer bolts back in it.  It's all nice and tight now.

The rest of the day here will be spent tinkering around on the computer and just relaxing.  I hope everyone has a good day and relaxing evening ahead.

Bud Kennedy

a little cloudy today but not bad.  Temp currently is 70.  Yesterday the Mrs, had the stitches removed from her hand surgery and she will begin therapy next Wednesday.  So far so good but she is getting a bit impatient but has to take it easy on the hand for a couple more months.  Will know more around the end of April.   Mowed the lawn today and will take the clippings to the recycle center in a little while.  HVAC folks were here this morning for the 6 month scheduled maintenance.  All is well with the system and is ready for the Summer months ahead.  I did manage to stop by and pay the storage rent for the Ranger but still have to go pay the car taxes on the Monte Carlo.  I have until the end of April to get that done but I am sure in the next day or two I will make that all happen.

Bowling this coming Friday and the season is about over so now I am looking at Summer Leagues so I can keep going this summer.  Although I am not bowling well I still enjoy it.  Go figure.  On top of everything else I still need to get the Ranger home to make ready for the summer.  Just seems like I am booked every day.  Who said retirement would be boring.

Donald Garner

Mostly cloudy with forecasted temps of 45-68dgrs with 63%humidity with a NE wind @ 4mphs.  There's the chance of heavy thunderstorms with high winds and hail moving across the area this afternoon.

There is nothing planned for today at all.  I be tinkering around on the computer and just relaxing.

Bud; Tks for stopping by and glad to hear the wife is doing well after her surgery.  Have fun with the bowling.  Has the new shoes and ball helped your game any?  Any plans for the Ranger getting wet here soon?

To everyone hope your day is a good one with a really relaxing evening ahead.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone   8)

Beautiful day here across Central Texas this morning.  We have Blue Bird Skies with forecasted temps of 55-74dgrs with 90%humidity with a S wind @ 5mphs  ~sun

Dwayne and I are thinking about heading over to Nolan Lake to do some bank fishing later on today.  We'll have to wait and see how he feels once he gets up though.  I've never banked fish there but there have been a lot of people that do.  If all plans goes well I'm going to attempt and fish out of the G3 here on Nolan next month.

I have a couple errands to take care of today.  I need to go to Academy and pickup a BBQ grill cover.   :-*  Those covers they have for the Large grills works real good covering up a Troybilt Riding mower.  I bought one a couple months ago for the John Deere mower and it's worked out really good.  These grill covers are a lot cheaper than the regular mower covers  ;)

I hope everyone has a good day today.  Y'all be safe in your travels and be mindful of your surrounding.

Bud Kennedy

Rainy and cool this morning with temps in the 50s.  Clearing later today as the weather looks to be heading for a great Easter weekend.  Hopefully the sunrise service at the beach will show a perfect sunrise.

Yesterday I spilled a 16 oz cup of coffee on my Mac keyboard.  So much for that one.  Went up to best buy and got a new one so I am good to go.  Spilling coffee on the keyboard is a bit like forgetting to put in the drain plug on the Ranger.  It is bound to happen sooner or later.

Finishing up the laundry this morning and then have to vacuum and clean floors and bathrooms for my tasks the rest of the day.  If there is time I might go to Walmart for a few groceries for Easter dinner.  Friday is bowling day so hopefully that will be the only thing I will be doing and can relax through the weekend.

I agree Donald, It is time to go fishing.  Unfortunately the river system here is at flood stage and will remain that way for at least another month unless we get more  rain up in NC that drains down our way.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all  :)

Another beautiful day across Central Texas today.  It's a little windy with partly sunny skies  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 60-76dgrs with 60%humidity with a S wind @ 21mphs  :surrender:

~read  Had a few errands to take care of this morning.  Dwayne had a Medical Lab appointment to attend.  We stopped by the post office and Walmart on the way home.  The rest of the day here will be spent tinkering around on the computer.

Bud; Tks for stopping by.  Yep liquid spilled on the keyboards is not a good thing.  Glad to hear you were able to get a replacement quickly.  Sounds as if you were quiet busy with the housing cleaning chores.   

We went bank fishing yesterday over at Nolan lake.  I managed to catch a stick fish and find a crankbait that was tangled up in the weeds.  Dwayne caught a small largemouth on a Double Colorado  Crawfish colored spinnerbait.  The spinnerbait was half the size of the bass  ~shade   I really don't like bass fishing from the bank. 

To everyone hope your day today is a good one.  Y'all have a Happy and Safe Easter weekend coming up.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out on the roadways.