Baits from Rod or Reel Companies

Started by FlatsNBay, March 26, 2024, 06:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

I've noticed that in the last few years many rod or reel companies now sell their own line of lures, line, sunglasses, etc. Has anyone found any decent discoveries of any of these new "other" items that rod or reel companies offer? Are any of these products any good?

An example would be Ark Rods lures or braided line from Kast King.

For me, I feel that there are so many really good specific lure companies that I don't even consider any other items that a rod or reel company sells. Am I missing something?

Mike Cork

I haven't touted the line much on these but the Dobyns Spinnerbaits are amazing. There are many things I want in a spinnerbait from blades that spin like their supposed too (cough cough six sense could learn something). To sharp hooks, to a hook shank long enough that the blade wire fall short of the point so it doesn't prevent hook ups. Gary does everything the best even his spinnerbaits are perfect IMO

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Pat Dilling

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 27, 2024, 01:00:42 PMI haven't touted the line much on these but the Dobyns Spinnerbaits are amazing. There are many things I want in a spinnerbait from blades that spin like their supposed too (cough cough six sense could learn something). To sharp hooks, to a hook shank long enough that the blade wire fall short of the point so it doesn't prevent hook ups. Gary does everything the best even his spinnerbaits are perfect IMO

Gary Dobyns is a master of the spinnerbait.  I can't count how many boats he has won throwing one out West.  So, it is no surprise his spinnerbaits are excellent.
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Mike Cork

You and I have both donated to his mortgages LOL

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Pat Dilling

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 27, 2024, 03:00:18 PMYou and I have both donated to his mortgages LOL

Yup, sure have, and I also bought one of the boats he won!
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!