Mashed on em!!

Started by No Excuses, July 01, 2023, 10:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Excuses

Conventional wisdom says it's too dang hot to go fishing.... Well, me and my Pop took a chance on it and boy did it pay off for us.... First stop we made the fish were schooling and we witnessed some of the most comical blowups I have ever seen and not caught a fish! They were knocking my bait out of the water like it was the Micropterus Salmoides Floridanus world volleyplug championship or something! It was crazy! How you got that many hooks in the water and can't hook a thing?!?! The topwater bite subsided and we went back to the old standby. IYKYK.... Pop caught a 4 even, I caught one a little smaller, and pretty soon we had a decent sack going. Just needed a kicker. Well.... We got it.... Best fish I've caught in nearly 30 years. I still didn't catch my sweet wife as far as the PB of our crew..... But I got dang close!!! 6oz close as a matter of fact!! 9lb and 10oz and a whopping 26" long!!! That landed us at 23.16 for our best 5. Outstanding morning! Love the time I get to spend in God's Grocery Store with my Pop!! And that new Brads Custom Rods and Tackle 7'4" MH worm rod..... Man..... That thing is super sensitive and light as a feather!!!

#noscope

Yesterday, got to spend some time with the baby girl. She used to be my sidekick, but college and work limits our time. Same brush pile as the 9-10...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Thanks for sharing the trip and pics with us Mark and congrats on that 9-10!!!

You are blessed to still have your dad with you, mine passed when I was only 18.  And getting to spend some time with your daughter is pretty special too. I'm sure you will all have these memories for a long time.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Donald Garner

Mark, congrats to you, your dad and daughter on a very successful family outing  ~c~  ~shade   Tks for sharing the trip and those family pictures with us.  Congrats on that 9.10 you boated also  ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Larry Francis

Molon Labe

caddyjoe77

helluva day!! one you wont forget!! Congrats on the GIANT
BeerMe

Mike Cork

What a great time, thanks for sharing the photos ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service