Fishing Goals 2024

Started by FlatsNBay, December 31, 2023, 01:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

Call it what you will, fishing resolutions, fishing goals, what are they for 2024? Is there a particular pattern that you plan on learning better? How about a fishing destination that you are dying to try? How about accomplishing your personal best bass? Let's hear about your fishing goals for the coming year.

Bigbass201

I'd like to catch a bass in 50 feet or deeper of water.  Something I've never done before, and we don't have too many lakes that are that deep around here. 
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

Capt. BassinLou

I have 3 personal fishing goals actually for 2024. #1, my PB eluded me in 2023, so I will definitely be in the hunt for that 2024. #2, picking up where I left off in 2023, improve my deep water skill set as well as the patience that goes along with that. Lastly #3. Stepping up my shallow water game even further by exploring the flats a lot more.

caddyjoe77

posted this in FL chat but expound a bit here:

number one, first and foremost -- if you think too much you stink even more.
A little background on this statement:  I devoted myself, and still am devoting myself to learning to read charts really well as well as down and side imaging.  I went down the rabbit hole of spending hours idling around just learning. 
A major benefit of that is obviously being able to see the finer details of bass and how they are set up. Also, i really started trying to be more efficient, as in:  5 rigs - a crank, a worm, a jig, a spoon and whatever else (depending on season)
A major downside was that I definitely over analyzed things.  I went into robot mode with the setups -- ok 10 casts with the crank, 10 with x, 10 with y, etc.  Sometimes though this made me go way too fast.

The upside to realizing this is that while I am still focused on finding them.  When i get to the front deck, my mindset is now "just fish".  --> GOAL:  find a balance 

Ultimate Goal:
- go back to what i know, trust what i know, the hardest part is ever a WIP but much better now so therefore that should free my mind to "just fish".
- Catch a giant -- over 8
- fish way more, work a normal amount

As a sidenote, I didnt get to fish as much as I wanted so i believe that is what put the efficiency robotic thing in my mind.  That is not happening this year so hopefully my mind will be a little more free to "just fish"
BeerMe

FlatsNBay

For me, I'm going to be getting into kayak fishing. It will be fun outfitting it and then learning all kinds of new fishing spots that are inaccessible to boats. I know that there is a learning curve to kayak fishing and I can't wait.

Smallie_Stalker

I didn't get to fish at all in 2023 so my fishing goal this year is a simple one - just get out and fish. Period.

Don't even care if I catch em (although that would be even better). There is just something cathartic about being out in nature. It's relaxing and refreshing and does good for the soul. At least for me.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Donald Garner

The goal is to just get out on the water and enjoy the outdoors.  I wasn't able to fish during the 2023 season for different reasons.  I am going to work on using the tips and techniques that were shared with us here on UltimateBass for sure.

Hopefully we'll get some rain and our lakes will fill back up here in Central Texas also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard