Fish new Rods

Started by Masterbasser45, August 21, 2022, 09:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masterbasser45

I fished two new casting rods yesterday. The Ark Tharp Hammer MH F and the Halo Pro HD 3 MH F. I'm 35 and let me tell you rods in this price range has come along ways since I was a teenager. The Ark comes in at 129$ and the Halo comes in  at 99$. Both of these rods were sensitive and I could detect changes of bottom composition easily. I feel as though they were just as sensitive if not more than my Dobyns Champion XP. None the less I was impressed. It seems like quality is coming down and that is a win for all of us. I have been impressed with the Shimano SLX standard version as well. I prefer that over the Lews LFS to which I find hit or miss.
"Don't be a dumb Bass"

1ReelFanatik

Quote from: Masterbasser45 on August 21, 2022, 09:03:25 AM
I fished two new casting rods yesterday. The Ark Tharp Hammer MH F and the Halo Pro HD 3 MH F. I'm 35 and let me tell you rods in this price range has come along ways since I was a teenager. The Ark comes in at 129$ and the Halo comes in  at 99$. Both of these rods were sensitive and I could detect changes of bottom composition easily. I feel as though they were just as sensitive if not more than my Dobyns Champion XP. None the less I was impressed. It seems like quality is coming down and that is a win for all of us. I have been impressed with the Shimano SLX standard version as well. I prefer that over the Lews LFS to which I find hit or miss.

Them are fightin' words if posted on some forums.  If posted on one specific forum 13 years ago, you would have been flamed so bad a fire retardant suit wouldn't have been of much help.  A fire extinguisher would have had to already be in your hand.

Now before I get flamed, I have one Dobyns rod and like it a lot, but it is a crankbait rod so I can't comment on the sensitivity of Dobyns rods.