2024 Secret Santa Gift Reveals

Started by Capt. BassinLou, January 04, 2024, 04:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princeton_Man

Quote from: RangerAndBass on January 13, 2024, 08:40:15 PM
Quote from: Princeton_Man on January 11, 2024, 07:58:57 AM
Quote from: RangerAndBass on January 09, 2024, 06:46:46 PMNow the question of who, has me stumped. A couple names came to mind but one has been ruled out so I'm making a wild guess of Captain Lee

Was there any notes? Was it postmarked? Have you checked the tracking?

Quote from: Fish_in_1 on January 10, 2024, 09:55:57 AMThose Missile Quivers are awesome Neko rig baiits! ~c~

PC dont let the secret out, lol

8)

It was post marked from a bait store in Haynes City FLA. So I think anyone could of arranged that. But it was one reason I picked Captain Lee
[/quote]

I'm going to fess up... There were things missing from your pick. There should have been a Christmas Card and another bait.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

topdsm0138

Quote from: bassmedic46 on January 13, 2024, 08:05:12 PMMy secret Santa was good to me. I got several Mike Bucca Bill Gill. I can't figure out who my Secret Santa was. Thank you very much.
I'm gonna ask a dumb question here as I've never fished anywhere north of Florida, but do y'all have bluegill, sunfish and shellcrackers that far north?

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

bassmedic46

Quote from: topdsm0138 on January 14, 2024, 01:14:52 PM
Quote from: bassmedic46 on January 13, 2024, 08:05:12 PMMy secret Santa was good to me. I got several Mike Bucca Bill Gill. I can't figure out who my Secret Santa was. Thank you very much.
I'm gonna ask a dumb question here as I've never fished anywhere north of Florida, but do y'all have bluegill, sunfish and shellcrackers that far north?

We do have blue hill and sunfish. I haven't seen a shell cracker. I have no idea who my secret Santa was.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

topdsm0138

Quote from: bassmedic46 on January 14, 2024, 02:03:03 PM

We do have blue gill and sunfish. I haven't seen a shell cracker. I have no idea who my secret Santa was.
We call them shellcrackers here in the south. Anywhere else, y'all would call them red ear sunfish. Think of them like a Speck (Black Crappie) except with a mouth like a bluegill. (Not my pic, just a reference of what a shellcracker looks like)

I'll fess up, I'm the Santa.

Smallie_Stalker

Some folks here up north call those punkinseeds or pumpkinseeds.

Used to catch em regularly in a lot of the smaller ponds I fished.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

bassmedic46

Quote from: topdsm0138 on January 14, 2024, 03:56:46 PM

We do have blue gill and sunfish. I haven't seen a shell cracker. I have no idea who my secret Santa was.
We call them shellcrackers here in the south. Anywhere else, y'all would call them red ear sunfish. Think of them like a Speck (Black Crappie) except with a mouth like a bluegill. (Not my pic, just a reference of what a shellcracker looks like)

Thank you very much for those lures. I'm looking forward to trying them in the spring. What confused me is the box came from Oaklahoma.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

topdsm0138

Quote from: bassmedic46 on January 14, 2024, 04:30:10 PM
Quote from: topdsm0138 on January 14, 2024, 03:56:46 PM

Thank you very much for those lures. I'm looking forward to trying them in the spring. What confused me is the box came from Oaklahoma.
It's fun to throw people off a little.

Mike Cork

Got my Secret Santa Package a couple days ago but just getting to posting.

You cannot view this attachment.

I made out HUGE... Two hollow body frogs, a hollow body perch and a Lunker Hunt prop fish, all great for my area. Then two chatter baits and some larger finesse plastics all great for my area. Then if that wasn't already a wonderful present, Bassmedic46 added a gift card to BPS... I know it was Bassmedic because he included a beautiful Christmas card and signed it.

Thank you sir, an awesome package to dig through while I look at the snow outside!!! I'll be fishing frogs again in just a couple weeks, winter only lasts about 9 days here LOL

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

You guys made out with very nice hauls of gifts this year. The Santa's did their homework!  :-*  ~c~  ~beer~

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Mike Cork on January 16, 2024, 09:17:04 AMGot my Secret Santa Package a couple days ago but just getting to posting.

You cannot view this attachment.

I made out HUGE... Two hollow body frogs, a hollow body perch and a Lunker Hunt prop fish, all great for my area. Then two chatter baits and some larger finesse plastics all great for my area. Then if that wasn't already a wonderful present, Bassmedic46 added a gift card to BPS... I know it was Bassmedic because he included a beautiful Christmas card and signed it.

Thank you sir, an awesome package to dig through while I look at the snow outside!!! I'll be fishing frogs again in just a couple weeks, winter only lasts about 9 days here LOL
Great stuff all around Mike!

That perch lure slays em up here especially during the spawn.

Bassmedic did an awesome job as Santa.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

RangerAndBass

Sorry Princeton, thank you for everything.  What was the item that was missing? I've moved everything to my boat so i can't go back and look.
Thanks Santa!
Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!

Princeton_Man

Quote from: RangerAndBass on January 26, 2024, 11:04:38 AM

Sorry Princeton, thank you for everything.  What was the item that was missing? I've moved everything to my boat so i can't go back and look.
Thanks Santa!

You're welcome and noo problem. There should have been a Christmas card and Trokar Big Nasty's in the box too.

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

apenland01

I always forget the Christmas card part.  I really like getting that kind of thing as well as the gear....